• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
Is FFXIV a Steam key? Damn, if I would know, I'd purchase the bundle, I would grab FFXIV and Osiris for 5€, but I never thought those can be bundled, since I have basically all SE games, excluding Sleeping Dogs Remastered.
EDIT: FFXIV is not a Steam key, this change everything, lol.

Tizoc

CWR7EOnWEAEOsol.jpg:large

CWJa1GwWEAQDzuD.jpg:large

How much longer do I gotta wait @_@

Also craving pizza...

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
My valve get sued post is still being posted in?
And they are still saying the same thing over and over again,from both sides.

Vlad

Nice to see that on there. I've actually still got the original and the expansion on CD around here somewhere. I was always the odd one out among my friends who were all into Starcraft at the time, while I thought TA was far, far superior.

How long has Total Annihilation had a giant UFO in it? I played it back in the day and only remember low-level skirmish nonsense and constantly running out of resources due to the commander unit's super attack.

There isn't. That's got to be a screenshot from a mod or something. Neither vanilla TA or the expansion had any sort of large flying units. Even the gigantic super-unit, the http://totalannihilation.wikia.com/wiki/Krogoth wasn't THAT big, and it was the largest unit in the game.

I wonder if it's still possible to play online. I don't remember the single-player being all that great.

Knurek

Crappy Squeenix Holiday Box means good discounts during the Winter Seal, right?

in b4 no discount for Final Fantasy games

yuraya

I almost bit on that mystery box because I really thought they would include the entirety of LiS. Glad I didn't. Already have XIII and don't care about any of the other stuff.

Dr Dogg

Well 2 out of 5 ain't bad.

All right let's play this silly game. What's in the box?!?!?!

My guesses
  • Tomb Raider
  • Hitman Absolution
  • Thief
  • Life is Strange Ep 1 and discount voucher for the rest
  • Final Fantasy V
Actually it's quite poor and I should be ashamed of myself.

I quite like Monaco (even if I dropped out the monospace font war a bunch of years ago, and now just use whatever default font uses my current editor of choice, like I guess now with Atom is Menlo, with Sublime was Consolas or something), but that's not Monaco though!

I think all Apple instances of Terminal or Xcode are Menlo now by default since Snow Leopard(?). To be fair what was posted is a bit of a horrible mishmash that looks familiar but looks distant at the same time.

BasilZero

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
Thief
Final Fantasy XIII
Life is Strange Episode 1
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Wow, glad I didnt get this lol

Only one game that I want in this pack and thats FFXIII - and I'm sure I can get it for cheaper when SE has a sale online on its store....

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My valve get sued post is still being posted in?
And they are still saying the same thing over and over again,from both sides.

Yeah I had to extracate myself from that thread after it became increasingly clear that people won't listen to reason and think that having a legal agreement with a company is the same thing as owning a piece of plastic.

Parsnip

Considering the only time FF was in the previous boxes was xmas 2014, and even then only as measly coupons, I don't know why anyone would expect things to be different now. The Square Enix boxes have always been more of Eidos boxes, excluding Last Remnant that one time.

Just like all Square Humble Bundles.

Copons

I think all Apple instances of Terminal or Xcode are Menlo now by default since Snow Leopard(?). To be fair what was posted is a bit of a horrible mishmash that looks familiar but looks distant at the same time.

I've been coding on Win for years now, but back in the day when I used Snow Leopard (all the way to Mountain Lion), I was totally sure it used Monaco, but now I'm reading it was updated to Menlo at some point.

Anyway, they all look the same to me. Like, apparently I was wrong with the whole Menlo in Atom thing, as I can't seem to find Menlo in the installed font list, and anyway I compared it to Consolas (used by Sublime, Cmder and at this point by Atom too I guess :D ), and, well... They really are indistinguishable
especially now that the end of the work week approach its end

Anteater

for fuck's sake, ffxiii-2 just drags on, how many times do you repeat the same shit, kill a boss, cutscene, fight the almost identical boss, he raise himself, and you kill him again, 3 bosses spawn, kill 2 of them and the last one raises one of them half way.

there's no save and I had to go because it was taking too long, fuck this shit

don't get me started on those shitty ass spin a room puzzles, wait for a platform to spin so you could cross to reach the last area, and follow a stupid fucking npc across an empty map back and forth for dialogues, ugh

Megauap

There are also some discounts in the SE Surprise Christmas Box:
20% off selected games*
10% off Life is Strange episodes 2-5
10% off Just Cause 3 (all editions)

*redeemable against a single title only. Excludes pre-orders, merchandise, all Final Fantasy titles, The Last Remnant, Front Mission Evolved, Gyromancer, Seasons of Mystery, Yosumin, Life is Strange, Just Cause 3, Lords of the Fallen and Enemy Front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom