• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz573

How many of you guys played this game? I would love another Midtown Madness.

Mm1_boxshot.jpg

I played the demo but I think it was the second game. It had a hidden lawnmower vehicle if I remember correctly.

Monooboe

Man I'm starting to regret not getting Elder Scrolls Online when I had the chance. I keep sampling games but nothing grabs my interest. Feels like I specifically need an openworld RPG to just disappear into.

fertygo

ModBot said:
Instructions for fertygo:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fertygo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
THIEF -- MB-35A74E5779CF4F3F - Taken by Khronico. 7 entrants total.
LARA CROFT AND THE TEMPLE OF OSIRIS -- MB-3F29FB6CD328B9C7 - Taken by pahamrick. 13 entrants total.

t1450459165z1.png

senix

Adnor

Banned
I don't know if it's a copypaste job like Midora's Kickstarter, but they definitely copied the style. Do you guys have a comparison of the grass?

^^^ And yeah, unless it's a straight up copypaste of assets they will not care.

I don't know if it's a copypaste job like Midora's Kickstarter, but they definitely copied the style. Do you guys have a comparison of the grass?

^^^ And yeah, unless it's a straight up copypaste of assets they will not care.

From what I can see is that he took the assets and modified them.

SSPssp

a4360a1388f4749122a91e6f4fca2e24.png

TRAILER 3

Which of the three do you guys think might work best to be the first thing to play once people enter the store page?

I like the description, it sets up the baseline, but then hints that something is off and it won't be as expected. I think its good right now, I wouldn't add much more to it.

I also have to go with trailer 3 because its important to grab the viewer's attention right away on steam nowadays. Its interesting and captivating. At first I preferred the first one because it was more subtle but it won't grab attention. I think you should go 3 then 1 in that order. It would be nice and jarring to the viewer.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

1hFaqwB.png
Street Fighter V Beta PSN EU (dunno if valid) - -- MB-2F2A89DCDB5278D8 - Taken by gelf

I actually really liked this game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for arts&crafts:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (arts&crafts, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Thief -- MB-E6AF8F2764577ADF - Taken by chronomac. 21 entrants total.

t1450470625z1.png

Why are games cheaper on Steam in Norway when all the inhabitants are rich from oil?

The Norwegian krone is really weak as of right now because of the ongoing oil crisis. I don't thing Valve updated the price of items for norwegian customers to match the current value of the NOK.
And i hope they never do

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Norwegian krone is really weak as of right now because of the ongoing oil crisis. I don't thing Valve updated the price of items for norwegian customers to match the current value of the NOK.
And i hope they never do

It's up to publishers to update prices. Valve may adjust the default conversion rate (thereby adjusting the recommended NKR price publishers see when releasing a new game), but that's it -- Valve will never adjust the prices of games that aren't its own.

Dsyndrome

Great success messing around with my MSI laptop and 4K TV today.

I've been having screen tearing anytime a game was played in Fullscreen and sent via HDMI to my TV in 1080P. Setting to Borderless Windowed fixes that, but has a slight performance hit on newer games. Vsync in fullscreen did nothing for the TV display.

Turns out, displaying on both the laptop display and the TV at the same caused the screen tearing on the TV. Turning off the laptop display fixed the issue entirely. Another benefit is that I found out I can output 4K to my TV now from my laptop!

Only problem is that stuff runs at 20-30FPS now at 4K. Might be interesting to try with older games and see if I can get 60FPS and 4K, not sure which games would benefit.

It's up to publishers to update prices. Valve may adjust the default conversion rate (thereby adjusting the recommended price publishers see when releasing a new game), but that's it -- Valve will never adjust the prices of games that aren't its own.

Yeah, i guess that makes sense. But they control the conversion rate between currencies when it comes to the marketplace right?

When they first introduced the norwegian currency i think i got about 6 nok for each dollar i had in my steam wallet. But the conversion rate is closer to 9 nok for each dollar now.

Deques

Why am I not getting any mail with the keys from Squeenix? :(
Am I supposed to get a mail?

edit: nvm, just checked my profile page and found the keys there

Colin.

Meh, SE surprise box is quite the let down this time. Repeat of a game included last year (Thief) a single episode of a five episode game (Life is Strange) and a subscription based game (FF XIV). Only real game of interest I don't already have is XIII :/

Saiyan-Rox

That square enix bundle could have been better tbh but that's just me. Glad I didn't buy it this year.

If anyone doesn't want the 20% off code I'll take it of your hands though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom