• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, watched Super Bunnyhop's latest video about Tie Fighter and literally first comment was a huge spoiler about Star Wars Force Awakens. No clue if it's even true but man, people like trolling.

Vazduh

hmmm

FFhiqtQ.jpg

They are giving this game away free on bundle stars. I grabbed a code and forgot I have this game already.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Baron_Calamity, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Ship: Murder Party -- MB-7C16A239BB5C40A0 - Taken by Sch1sm. 2 entrants total.

t1450477526z1.png

Dr Dogg

Uplay won't give your computer herpes, I swear.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 4 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dr Dogg, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

header.jpg

xWBm0BY.png
Rainbow 6 Siege: Free Weekend on the awesome PC client (Uplay) #3 -- MB-730A7699836A2237 - Taken by TheMadMan007
xWBm0BY.png
Rainbow 6 Siege: Free Weekend on the awesome PC client (Uplay) #2 -- MB-4F4BAF42DBFF63E2 - Taken by doctorcdcs

zkylon

zkylewd
some pretty good stuff on nuuvem

i'm still figuring out how to do the numbers since it's like reais / 4 * 14 = new argie pesos while before it was like reais / 4 * 9.8 * 1.35 or something dumb like that lol

i might bite for dying light, i hope it's not too boredlands-y

kingdom and cities skylines look tempting too

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Time Mysteries 2: The Ancient Specters -- MB-981ECB3EC19CAF0E - Taken by Erebus. 2 entrants total.
Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart -- MB-BF60936EA5E5A204 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Demon Hunter: Chronicles from the Beyond -- MB-34C617D225CA3B1C - Taken by alr1ght. 1 entrants total.
Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden -- MB-59AF8479D2AA29E0 - Taken by madjoki. 1 entrants total.
Time Mysteries 3: The Final Enigma -- MB-ED97B8D6E3FD4A5E - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.

t1450468106z1.png

Jawmuncher

some pretty good stuff on nuuvem

i'm still figuring out how to do the numbers since it's like reais / 4 * 14 = new argie pesos while before it was like reais / 4 * 9.8 * 1.35 or something dumb like that lol

i might bite for dying light, i hope it's not too boredlands-y

kingdom and cities skylines look tempting too

It really isn't. There's some RPG there but it still feels more like mirrors edge with zombies and open world over anything else. Outside of being more combat focused in certain cases and a bit of crafting.

Momentary

Banned

Transition 2015 baby! I really hope the genre blossoms on the PC platform. What sucks is that there are so many shmups being released and hardly any of them are bad or even mediocre. They are pretty much solid. There's a rare turd here or there, but for the most part, if the only thing you played was shooters and you ONLY played on PC... you're going to have your hand full in the next few weeks.

zkylon

zkylewd
It really isn't. There's some RPG there but it still feels more like mirrors edge with zombies and open world over anything else. Outside of being more combat focused in certain cases and a bit of crafting.
ahh i see, i like that

i like the night and day thing and going out on mission with some sort of a time limit and scavenging stuff and all that really sounds cool to me, tho i don't like how gross it looks

yea idk if that site's correct lol

argieland just had pretty massive currency changes so it's pretty confusing

Zeknurn

HTC Vive to demo a 'very big' breakthrough in VR at CES
At today's Vive Unbound developers forum in Beijing, CEO Cher Wang teased that two weeks ago, Valve and her team made "a very, very big technological breakthrough" with their virtual reality system, so big that they decided to just skip the original version and ship this new one, albeit missing the Q1 date. "We shouldn't make our users swap their systems later just so we could meet the December shipping date." That said, Wang remained mum on what this upgrade is all about, except that it'll be unveiled at CES early next month.

I don't think there's been a more exciting time in Valve's history.

Teggy

I am about 50 hours into Witcher 3, 25 in Fallout 4, 20 in MGS V and 10 into Xenoblade. I have this bad feeling 2-3 of these games are not going to get finished before GOTY voting and might even wind up getting completely restarted somewhere down the line.

I am about 50 hours into Witcher 3, 25 in Fallout 4, 20 in MGS V and 10 into Xenoblade. I have this bad feeling 2-3 of these games are not going to get finished before GOTY voting and might even wind up getting completely restarted somewhere down the line.

Seems you should wrap up at least TW3. No joking, youve got anywhere between 40-60 hours of MGSV ahead of you. It's the longest game i've played this year, even longer than Xenoblade Chonicles

Shade

Also, I crafted about 150 badges yesterday and today and I noticed on the last few that I'm not getting Holiday Sale cards anymore. Is there a limit to how many you can get or something?

I crafted a lot of badges as well, and I'd say 5-10% did not show that I got a Holiday card. That being said, I believe they are still added to your inventory (don't quote me on that though just saw it posted elsewhere).

Teggy

Seems you should wrap up at least TW3. No joking, youve got anywhere between 40-60 hours of MGSV ahead of you. It's the longest game i've played this year, even longer than Xenoblade Chonicles

I almost want to restart Witcher 3 because I've overlevelled so much stuff by doing so many quests but I don't think I will. I haven't been to Skellige yet. Regardless I kind of already consider it my GOTY because I like the writing and quest structure/exploration so much. I only stopped playing it because I had a quest bug and then they started dropping big patches I kept waiting for the next one and the one after that...

MGSV I like the gameplay quite a lot too but started to get tired of going back to the base and micromanaging and was getting a little wary of what I was hearing about FOB even though I hadn't even gotten to that part yet.

Fallout I definitely like but I just got pulled away I guess. Inventory management was definitely becoming a bit of a bummer and I don't really want to use a mod on my first playthrough.

Xenoblade I kind of just started and will hopefully stick with. Also working on AC Syndicate and Undertale. I'm taking off xmas eve through New Years so hopefully I will put a big dent into something.

zkylon

zkylewd
I saw the Star War, made me feel like a kid again, highly recommended 9.65/10 I r8 it m8.

bb8 is the best

Fahrenheit is a whole 0.76$ at Nuuvem.
not sure if indigo prophecy is a game i could recommend anymore

it was kind of mindblowing at the time and i still think the cleaning up blood scenes in that game are awesome but it's also such a depressing letdown later on even if it's kind of unwillingly hilarious (unlike beyond two souls which is just depressingly lame lol)

for that money i guess you can just play those first few scenes but i feel like there are better uses of ppl's time i guess

Tizoc

Transition 2015 baby! I really hope the genre blossoms on the PC platform. What sucks is that there are so many shmups being released and hardly any of them are bad or even mediocre. They are pretty much solid. There's a rare turd here or there, but for the most part, if the only thing you played was shooters and you ONLY played on PC... you're going to have your hand full in the next few weeks.

Sell me on this game fam.

Corpekata

Banned
Can someone point me to a guide on the best way to play kotor/kotor II? which mods/patches/etc

I dont want to wander into the main forum

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_II_–_The_Sith_Lords

PCgaming wiki always tends to have the list of essential fixes and really notable mods like the restored content mods.

With KOTOR 2 it's probably just installing the mods via the workshop these days, the rerelease fixed a lot of issues.

Annubis

Can someone point me to a guide on the best way to play kotor/kotor II? which mods/patches/etc

I dont want to wander into the main forum

Decide if you want to wreck stuff with your lightsaber or awesome force powers.

If lightsaber: go light side (easy early; harder late game)
If force, go dark side (hard early; completely broken late game)

Don't make a skillful MC jedi. The game oozes with skillful party members.

zkylon

zkylewd
I almost want to restart Witcher 3 because I've overlevelled so much stuff by doing so many quests but I don't think I will. I haven't been to Skellige yet. Regardless I kind of already consider it my GOTY because I like the writing and quest structure/exploration so much. I only stopped playing it because I had a quest bug and then they started dropping big patches I kept waiting for the next one and the one after that...

MGSV I like the gameplay quite a lot too but started to get tired of going back to the base and micromanaging and was getting a little wary of what I was hearing about FOB even though I hadn't even gotten to that part yet.

Fallout I definitely like but I just got pulled away I guess. Inventory management was definitely becoming a bit of a bummer and I don't really want to use a mod on my first playthrough.

Xenoblade I kind of just started and will hopefully stick with. Also working on AC Syndicate and Undertale. I'm taking off xmas eve through New Years so hopefully I will put a big dent into something.

i don't think the level matters all that much, the game's pretty enjoyable even if you're overleveld since the best things about it are the story and the writing and the atmosphere, not necessarily the combat

Dr.Acula

Banned
I almost want to restart Witcher 3 because I've overlevelled so much stuff by doing so many quests but I don't think I will.

Being overlevelled doesn't really affect anything though. The game is mostly story and decision making, the only hard fights are one boss later in the game, and the fights in the Hearts of Stone expansion, and those fights are hard because of mechanics, they won't be appreciably harder or easier if you're higher or lower in level. And most of the XP comes from doing quests, and there are only so many quests available, so you can't outrun the levels that much. This is also helped by the fact that lower level quests will pay out crazy low XP (like 1 xp), the XP scales -so if you are five levels above the recommended Skellige quest, you will run through those quests and not gain levels, whereas if you are five levels below the requirement, you will jump something like 10 levels as you do them.

The level thing is only a factor if you underlevel significantly, because then you can't dmg monsters at all.

Teggy

between Games with Gold, Playstation +, and SE practically giving Th4ef away on PC, I feel like a jerk not playing the game when i've been granted access to it so many times.

and I still feel like im making the right choice in avoiding it

As promised I started it up again on Xbox yesterday for my 700+ points run. I'm going to have to redo the prologue with different settings though because the slow movement option is unbearable and the no reticle just isn't going to work for me.

Mixed2k

Yeah I usually restart as well if the game gets too easy, or if I want to play some other class, or because I haven't played for awhile, or because I want to breeze through the start of the game, or I can make up an excuse for it.

To sum it up, I don't finish many games.....
Probably played 150+ hours of Bardulr's Gate 2 and never finished it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom