• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

didamangi

Yes, except if you're a Brazilian, Turkish Russian, or Chinese..
Kinda bummed that my region didn't get regional pricing (which is kinda normal for Capcom games), but I'll get it next month nonetheless. Anyway, is it safe to assume that the gmg voucher will still be available next month?

Turkish Russian huh? :D

Oh well, port looks excellent. Can't wait to play it.
riNF1Fc.jpg

Arthea

The funny thing about FF6 remake, while you are concerned about sprites, I always imagined that FF6 will look like this

I kid, I kid

I mean like this

not like this

or this

I just doesn't matter what sprites are used after how SE treated FF5-6 remakes, not for me anyway. No sprites can make it a good looking remake, a remake those games are worth of. That's why getting games slightly improved and running better and with better controls have to suffice.

L.O.R.D

Finished ff13-2, damn, what a tedious and repetitive game, took around 22hrs to beat but felt like eternity around half way through, it started ok but everything just seems to drag after a while. Similar to FF13 I guess but the stuff they added to the game often feel a bit too overdone, repetitive, just plain boring to do or drags on forever. Level designs are a bit better than the first game but the structure, puzzles and pacing still need some work.

Time for Lightning Returns!
80-90 hours and all achievements in the Xbox version

Yah,I felt it's repetitive, but i was ducked in, the next thing i wasted 80-90 hours on it.

You should play the dlc Gilgamesh and omega.

Arthea

Finished ff13-2, damn, what a tedious and repetitive game, took around 22hrs to beat but felt like eternity around half way through, it started ok but everything just seems to drag after a while. Similar to FF13 I guess but the stuff they added to the game often feel a bit too overdone, repetitive, just plain boring to do or drags on forever. Level designs are a bit better than the first game but the structure, puzzles and pacing still need some work.

Time for Lightning Returns!

I can't disagree more even if I tried.

Tedious? in 22 hours? You basically did speedrun, without any side stuff, or most of it, anyway. I can't even imagine what have you find repetitive just jumping from location to location till the end.
You know that a game has mulitple endings and nice sidequests, don't you?

There is one actually tedious part of the game, but other than that I don't even get what overdone stuff you have in mind, seeing as you haven't seen most of stuff.

For the record, FF13-2 is 70+ hour game if you do side stuff. It can be much more than that for certain reasons.

There are so many fast players here, it's kinda amazing, even disregarding side stuff, you guys finish games so fast I wouldn't think it possible at all, unless speedrunning.

how do I indigo prophecy on nuuvem

isnt nuveem blocking ppl now? and paypal too?

:O

you forget Nuuvem and live your live as if it never existed, simple

Not sure about my SteamDB-Fu, been a long time. Is Turkey the cheapest non-region-locked place to get Dragon's Dogma atm?
Seriously though, the monsters and battling backgrounds are pretty phenomenal. I seriously wish whoever was in charge of those was just responsible for the whole damn thing.
Glad you're enjoying the remaster. Personally prefer the old pixel charm. Timeless and more cohesive.
January? Wow, much sooner than expected. Thought this was going to have a couple months PS exclusivity. Very nice.
My spoiler-free review for Episode 7

hqdefault.jpg

And yes. People clapped.
Just a heads-up, to everyone honestly. Spoiler-tagged images don't work on mobile, so people will see them on those devices.

Colin.

how do I indigo prophecy on nuuvem

isnt nuveem blocking ppl now? and paypal too?

:O

Some games are payment locked, yeah. I've been able to purchase most games I've wanted from Nuuvem using a VPN without any issue. Fahrenheit was unfortunately one of those exceptions for me in the UK.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
May just be me, they've always weirded me out.

It's not just you. Precious Moments figures are scary. I grew up a few miles from the dude's chapel and let me tell you, Precious Moments collectors are just as scary as the figures they collect.

Does DS4 via bluetooth work well on Windows 10? Contemplating between picking up either a DS4 or XB1 controller + wireless adapter. Not sure which yet but DS4 at BB is currently $40 less than the XB1 controller bundle.

Arthea

Oh, I just looked up all packages and saw Brazil and CIS acratgged.

I see a steam sub with
Cross region trading and gifting is disabled for this item.

What you checked were retail keys, those are region locked for 2 regions only, I like how Brazil is now a region, it's all because of nuuvem, I bet

although it's easy to check, we just need to ask someone from there on steam.

rookiejet

I don't have a console so it's not like I'm going to get Revelator any time soon. Looks like I'll sell all my trading cards to soften the blow and buy it.

Wait till the 22nd, I think it will likely be on discount atleast equivalent to the launch one. Revelator is not changing any of the current characters and adding only a few things system-wise, so it might be worth it to buy the cheaper -SIGN- version to evaluate the game as whole (perhaps you might not like it and can skip the full-priced Revelator release). If you do like it will probably be worth it for the practice time till Revelator

Dsyndrome

Does DS4 via bluetooth work well on Windows 10? Contemplating between picking up either a DS4 or XB1 controller + wireless adapter. Not sure which yet but DS4 at BB is currently $40 less than the XB1 controller bundle.

I don't have any issues with it; getting the Bluetooth drivers for my laptop updated to Windows 10 compatible near the OS's release was the biggest hurdle.

Xanathus

Been playing Lightning Returns, I didn't realize it was this WEIRD. Like it's so super weird for a Final Fantasy game. It's like they got super self conscious about all the remarks about the linearity of FF13 and went fuck it we'll make a game ENTIRELY out of side quests.

Anteater

There is one actually tedious part of the game, but other than that I don't even get what overdone stuff you have in mind, seeing as you haven't seen most of stuff.

spinning room puzzles that were very linear but slow with multiple floors having enemies spawn inside each room, even with my speed of going through the game enemies were often easy to kill and die in a few hits until the very last dungeon so they didn't help (I'm not complaining about the difficulty but just thought the encounters weren't interesting).

The last dungeon's platforming section was full of waiting for a platform to spin around so you can jump on them, again,not interesting and a tad bit slow. I didn't find the boss fight designs too intriguing because they seem to respawn the same enemies if you don't kill them quick enough which makes it more tedious because you're essentially redoing the same fight when they spawn the same enemy (or resurrect), obviously if you figured out the strategy you could speed up the fight but that's after a bit of fighting the same stuff until you're figure it out, I actually find the boss fights to be a bit more interesting in the first game.

The last section prior to the last level also had a lot of running through empty areas just to trigger cutscenes. The last 2-3hrs were pretty boring to me.

Arthea

Been playing Lightning Returns, I didn't realize it was this WEIRD. Like it's so super weird for a Final Fantasy game. It's like they got super self conscious about all the remarks about the linearity of FF13 and went fuck it we'll make a game ENTIRELY out of side quests.

That's nothing new for FF, FFX-2 was like this and it was OK, different but still fun

Anteater

Having sidequests are fine, just the matter of the execution, some of the well received rpgs were composed of sidequests as much as the main quest

zkylon

zkylewd
dying light is gonna have its price increased soon, right?

not really taking that into considerion for buying it but just remembered i heard something about that and that just sounds really silly

MUnited83

For you.

not really taking that into considerion for buying it but just remembered i heard something about that and that just sounds really silly

The season pass is, not the game. And it doesn't sound silly at all. They are going to release a pretty bigass expansion that they didn't even plan when they released the game.

Arthea

spinning room puzzles that were very linear but slow with multiple floors having enemies spawn inside each room, even with my speed of going through the game enemies were often easy to kill and die in a few hits until the very last dungeon so they didn't help (I'm not complaining about the difficulty but just thought the encounters weren't interesting).

The last dungeon's platforming section was full of waiting for a platform to spin around so you can jump on them, again,not interesting and a tad bit slow. I didn't find the boss fight designs too intriguing because they seem to respawn the same enemies if you don't kill them quick enough which makes it more tedious because you're essentially redoing the same fight when they spawn the same enemy (or resurrect), obviously if you figured out the strategy you could speed up the fight but that's after a bit of fighting the same stuff until you're figure it out, I actually find the boss fights to be a bit more interesting in the first game.

The last section prior to the last level also had a lot of running through empty areas just to trigger cutscenes. The last 2-3hrs were pretty boring to me.

if you find this tedious and boring, I would like to see your reaction to that part of the game that I call tedious, lol
What you describe is not even mild inconvenience.

I think it was for the season pass only due to it being bigger than originally expected.

zkylon

zkylewd
The season pass is, not the game. And it doesn't sound silly at all. They are going to release a pretty bigass expansion that they didn't even plan when they released the game.
I think it was for the season pass only due to it being bigger than originally expected.

ah that makes more sense

this is why i dont follow aaa games, too complicated for my tiny brain

back to reading klk with me

I've really enjoyed Grow Home so far but now that my plant is up over the 1000m mark, growing it further has become so tedious with how many tendrils I have to grow out for each source of energy. So tired of fighting them to get them to go where I want. It looks neat after I'm done but yikes.

gamesplanet has mgs5 ground zeroes for 4$. it ends in two days. too bad it didn't end when steam winter sale begins, that way i could see which would be cheaper

Uzzy

Capcom pls. At least it's not like I had to spend all day at work doing bugger all, thinking about SFV, only to get home and have to wait 10 hours for the servers to come back up at 2am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom