• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
GMG got a pretty good sale going on right now.
It has Shadowrun: Dragonfall at 80% and Hong Kong at 50%.
Here comes the question: is it worth it to play both? As in, are they separate games distinct enough to warrant playing through both?

They're two completely separate games set in the same universe, one is not a sequel to the other. A few names pop up in both but don't fret the order.

Tizoc

Seeing as WiiU games don't county for the GOTY's in here my top spot is going to be a straight shootout between Pillars and Witcher III and I still need to finish both! But I've seen enough to know they're both very special games that I feel have a quality in their content, presentation, mechanics and structure that they stand out from the crowd for me.

Avellone might have been spread so thinly across multiple projects but he still writes the best companions and if it isn't the best implementation of RTWP then I don't know what is. Once I got a handle on positioning even trash encounters were enjoyable and it's bastard hard too.

Witcher III for me is more of an iterative title over its predecessor although moved to an open world setting. But I found some of the side content that you'd bumble into to be better written and give more insight into the world than the critical path of a lot of other RPGs. And it might just be the best equestrian simulator yet. Loved the horse riding in Red Dead and SotC but once I got the timing right for mounted combat, lopping off heads on horseback never gets old.

By here you mean SteamGAF or GAF in general @_@

omgggggg

I was just thinking of picking up that PS4 game, for all that nostalgia. I was such a yugioh nerd back in the day.

Could it may be that the pcgame will be a port of that? WHO KNOWS. Now i cant buy that PS4 game because of the chance of it beeing ported to steam.

And then it turns out that PCgame is some other title and i could've bought the PS4 one all along. fml.

I bought the PS4 version a few weeks ago. No ragrets. I'll eventually double dip with the PC version, for posterity, unless it's a new game, in which case I'll get it near launch. I think that it will be a new game because I feel that we would know if it was a port.

Hektor

Got a Steamholiday sale foil.
vDNZM1D.gif

It's certainly not a port, as the title was only revealed for the mobile game.

I don't understand your way of thought here. I mean, if the title of the PCgame would've been revelead we would know for a fact, but since it wasn't there is a chanc of everything or not?

I bought the PS4 version a few weeks ago. No ragrets. I'll eventually double dip with the PC version, for posterity, unless it's a new game, in which case I'll get it near launch. I think that it will be a new game because I feel that we would know if it was a port.

Komai should've put their game into the SteamDB already.

Ozium

so I take it there is no meta anything and this seal will be boring and only about exploring discovery queues I guess?

I mean if there was something good it would have leaked by now

Also I feel bad for derExperte... please pray for him.

Ozium

I don't think the meta stuff usually leaks at all.

not outright stuff like oh hey we're having auctions but gems and shit, also shit having to do with the clicker game before ppl knew what it was.. we get nothing now, not even any weird changes, things found, etc..

it's right there clear as crystal black and white, you get nothing, you lose. good day sir

feels like forever since i played eternity (sorry lol), ended up playing like 4 hours straight

i love this game so much, it's still got that classic wrpg pacing weirdness of cities feeling completely different from other parts of the game (i'm not even sure if that's a bad thing), but i enjoy it so damn much

reminds me a lot of temple of the elemental evil, a game i don't think about too often but as someone that never played that much of baldur's gate that's the game it keeps me thinking about. quests have are been really cool and i surprisingly enjoy the combat even if it's rtwp and has that d&d thing of like overwhelming you with a million different spells. i like the companions a lot, they're a lot more subdued than the very wacky companions some wrpgs tend to have but i really appreciate how grounded they feel and there's still a lot of personality in characters like durance and kana, while the others all have likable traits to them too. the whole story and world is so freaking well done, there's a lot of work put into details like language and politics and currency and history and everything. it's all really immersive to me, i love it

it's probably gonna be my goty, i liked witcha a lot but i also had a lot of issues with how the open world felt kind of filler, so i'm really enjoying this equally dense game but that's more respectful of my time and is just 'real' content all the time

It is my Goty, the first isometric RPG that I played and I liked it a lot.

Vastag

Anyone having problems with FlyVPN. Latelly I having a lot of problems with it when buying from nuuvem. Is there any other alternative?

I don't understand your way of thought here. I mean, if the title of the PCgame would've been revelead we would know for a fact, but since it wasn't there is a chanc of everything or not?
I thought at first you meant it could be a port of the mobile game that was announced along with it.

I've never seen the PS4 game, but if that did get ported then I don't think it would take them a year for that, it is a very small game IIRC?

Anteater

Scalebound will offer four-player co-op and aims to demonstrate "the power of what the Xbox One can do." One of Platinum's original ideas was to make Scalebound a motion-controlled Wii game starring a little girl and featuring dinosaurs instead of dragons.

Could've been the perfect game for steamgaf

Ban Puncher

ZDgKe3B.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Man Puncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Temper Tantrum -- MB-DC08C400950BE907 - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.

t1450528908z1.png

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Also 3 days until gaming side.

You guys will have to show off the best of steamgaf, no 1000 year old dragons or bullying.

Durante

The game should not look like this.
It did not look like this on any platform it was released on.
Seriously.
Quick and dirty screenshot of how FF6 SNES looks like when scaled properly to 1080p:
retroarch-1219-091049wssax.png

And here's Terra sprite.
terralms0a.png

No ugly, kill-your-eyes pixels there, right?

Best of all, this method works with all resolutions. From 640x480 up to 8k.
Why Squeenix couldn't use something like this for their Steam release? Just have a few presets for the CRT shader, for people who can't stand scanlines/curvature/etc.
Still too sharp, not enough phosphor bloom.

The game looked closer to this on the CRT TVs of the time IMHO:
screenshot_2014-11-015es3c.png

Stardew Valley update:

Happy holidays, everyone!

Lately there’s been a lot of discussion within the community about the release timetable of Stardew Valley. It’s been weighing heavily on my mind, and I’ve spent many hours discussing the different possibilities with my publisher. It seems to boil down to two options:

1. Wait to launch the game until both single player and multiplayer are completely finished.

2. Launch the finished single player first and then add in multiplayer at a later date.

The matter is further complicated by the various ways in which these options could be executed (early access, beta, etc.). As I had mentioned in my last post, I was planning on doing some kind of public beta this month. Unfortunately, it didn’t end up being feasible for logistical reasons. However, it’s always been important to me that you guys get to play the finished game as soon as possible. You’ve all been very supportive of Stardew Valley for so long and I want to do everything in my power to repay that kindness. It feels wrong to delay the game for months to finish multiplayer when I have a complete single-player version ready for you to play.

That’s why I’ve decided to launch the single player version of Stardew Valley while I continue to work on multiplayer.

I feel good about this option because I believe single player is a full and wonderful experience; I wouldn’t release it if I felt differently. Multiplayer will certainly add new depth and fun to the game, and that’s why I’m still committed to finishing it. But delaying single player as a result doesn’t really benefit anyone. It’s clear to me now that multiplayer will still take many months of work. While waiting for the full SP/MP release would likely maximize sales, I think that this staggered approach will be better for you guys and for my own peace of mind.

I don’t know the release date for this single player version yet. There’s still a small amount of work to be done on single player before it’s completely ready. I will let you know the exact date as soon as I can!

SDV_twitch_boxart.png

Right now I’m adding steam achievements to the game.

As always, thanks for reading!

-ConcernedApe

I hope for an early 2016 release

Azure Striker Gunvolt is... such a shitty port. I mean not the port itself is shitty but the implementation of the 2nd DS screen. If you are in your optionsmenu/hub it is shown in a really really small screen in the lower right. If you are playing on a TV, its really small and hard to read.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
If I won't get a Demon's Souls Remastered on PS4 this emulator better work for 1080p + 60 FPS.

I think a few more years until it'll be able to play games like that fully without any bigger graphical glitches (also isn't demon's souls 30fps locked and sub 720p?)

ModBot said:
Instructions for bluesun,exe:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bluesun,exe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

FINAL FANTASY XIII- -- MB-5276C6DEF5E49C13 - Taken by XShagrath. 34 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
THIEF- -- MB-39805311EE3AAECF - Taken by Terra_Ex. 15 entrants total.
LARA CROFT AND THE TEMPLE OF OSIRIS- -- MB-818EF8C39DCE263A - Taken by The Red Wizard. 34 entrants total.

t1450542948z1.png
Games from the Square bundle I didn't want.

Hektor

Rain6 is legit scarier than some horror games.

Knock.... Knock.... Knock Knock.... Knock.... Knock..... BOOM RATTATAZONG RATTATAZONG MAN DOWN MAN DOWN RATATTATAT BOOM I SEE 3 ENEMYS TO THE LEFT RATTATA RATTATA

Grief.exe

Azure Striker Gunvolt is... such a shitty port. I mean not the port itself is shitty but the implementation of the 2nd DS screen. If you are in your optionsmenu/hub it is shown in a really really small screen in the lower right. If you are playing on a TV, its really small and hard to read.

People were saying the same thing at release, but dig through the options menus. I don't own the game, but if I remember correctly there are multiple ways to display that second screen.

Big-E

I have a question regarding the Steam mobile authenticator. Do you need an actual cell reception everytime you log in to a different machine? The reason why I am asking is because I live in a remote community now with zero cell reception. I have internet but no phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom