• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

People were saying the same thing at release, but dig through the options menus. I don't own the game, but if I remember correctly there are multiple ways to display that second screen.

Yup, people really need to start going into options of a PC game and checking as many of the tabs or options available as the very first thing they do when playing a PC game or port.

9Ovaz7i.png

3o8doPSx4MWmlsLXJ6.gif

Imagine if it turned out to be some amazing game tho

Mivey

I have a question regarding the Steam mobile authenticator. Do you need an actual cell reception everytime you log in to a different machine? The reason why I am asking is because I live in a remote community now with zero cell reception. I have internet but no phone.
Shouldn't need cell reception. Also works fine if the phone is offline once in a while. I say that, because I suspect it is using the internal clock of the phone to "synchronize" with the server, meaning if the time on your phone deviates by a minute or two, the codes no longer align. Happened to me once, so as long as you have internet, Android should keep the clock synchronized.

I don't know about SFV. Probably just haven't played it enough but it feels good to play but at the same time it doesn't. It's this weird middle ground.

Thorgal

So can somebody explain this to me ?

now i am not someone who plays CS: GO but while bored i came across this video about best knife opening reactions : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxBVBlCw0R4

So i can pretty much understand that the knives they got are extremely rare ones so getting them is a great moment ,but some are acting like they just won a million bucks in cash .

What am i missing ?

now i am not someone who plays CS: GO but while bored i came across this video about best knife opening reactions : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxBVBlCw0R4

So i can pretty much understand that the knives they got are extremely rare ones so getting them is a great moment ,but some are acting like they just won a million bucks in cash .

What am i missing ?
Some knives are worth a couple hundred or so I think and besides that, just stupid overeactions for subscribers.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
a couple of hundred real life money on your steam account or just ingame ?

because if it is the former those reactions make a lot more sense .

The former. Valve experimented with dynamic in-game pricing once upon a time, but it was short-lived and greatly preceded the release of GO (it's more or less why Source has a since-rendered-inert beta app; you can no longer install it, but type licenses_for_app 260 into Steam's console and you'll see it).

Code:
] licenses_for_app 260
License packageID 80:
 - State   : Active( flags 640 ) - Purchased : Mon Sep 25 17:48:30 2006 in "AU", None
 - Apps    : 211, 215, 218, 220, 240, 260, 280, 300, 320, 340, 360, 364, 380,  (13 in total)
 - Depots   : 213, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 241, 263, 281, 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 308, 309, 341, 361, 362, 363, 381, 389, 232291, ... (34 in total)
License packageID 7874:
 - State   : Active( flags 512 ) - Purchased : Tue Apr 19 11:50:09 2011 in "", None
 - Apps    : 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 100, 130, 211, 215, 218, 220, 240, 260, 280, 300, 320, 340, 360, 364, 380, 400, 420, 440, 459, 500, 513, 520, 550, 563, ... (44 in total)
 - Depots   : 0, 95, 101, 102, 103, 213, 216, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 241, 263, 281, 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 305, 306, 307, ... (102 in total)

MUnited83

For you.

What am i missing ?

Well, they aren't winning a million bucks, but they are winning a pretty penny.

Thorgal

real life money. I sold a tf2 hat for $400. People are crazy

Really real.

The former. Valve experimented with dynamic in-game pricing once upon a time, but it was short-lived and greatly preceded the release of GO (it's more or less why Source has a since-rendered-inert "silent" beta app; you can no longer install it, but type licences_for_app 260 into Steam's console and you'll see it).

Well, they aren't winning a million bucks, but they are winning a pretty penny.

ok , then that makes sense .

how do you get them ? is it just winning a game , get ingame money and spend that on knife chests ? or do you pay real money for them ?

Oh my, Bad Rats 2 is mine.

Beautiful Misery awaits me.

RIP

rtcn63

*shudder*

second worst movie of 2015 for me >_<
can easily say its the worst comic book movie in about a decade

But Green Lantern exists. A superhero movie that goes out of its way to paint the secondary villain as an angsty loser for reading books and wanting to teach the underprivileged.

how do you get them ? is it just winning a game , get ingame money and spend that on knife chests ? or do you pay real money for them ?

RIP

You pay real money to buy case keys and then you have like an 1% chance of getting a knife (and that knife can be worth a wildly different amount of money)

Nabs

RIP

You can either buy chests, or play the game and wait for them to drop. Keys cost real money, and the people in that video have probably spent thousands on them over time. Gambling is bad, kids.

def sim

I don't mind heavy footsies but the hitboxes are for sure doing me in, or the range of some moves as well.

Footsies are my favorite part of Street Fighter! The shorter range is what kills it a bit, for me. Almost like an inferior 3S.

Though, again, too early to say things like that definitively. I wish I could play training mode and figure things out, but I get matched up almost immediately.

Footsies are my favorite part of Street Fighter! The shorter range is what kills it a bit, for me. Almost like an inferior 3S.

Though, again, too early to say things like that definitively. I wish I could play training mode and figure things out, but I get matched up almost immediately.

Yeah that's a good way of describing it but, yeah getting matched up really quick is nice but, I can't really learn the game as much as I would like to before hand.

Uzzy

Yeah that's a good way of describing it but, yeah getting matched up really quick is nice but, I can't really learn the game as much as I would like to before hand.

To be fair though, the point of the beta is to test the netplay. So getting matched up quickly is a good thing.

I've got the week of release booked off from work, so I can get some proper training in. Maybe someone will hack the beta and allow training mode after the beta finishes.

To be fair though, the point of the beta is to test the netplay. So getting matched up quickly is a good thing.

I've got the week of release booked off from work, so I can get some proper training in. Maybe someone will hack the beta and allow training mode after the beta finishes.

Oh I know, it's made to test netplay, I am not exactly mad at Capcom or anything lol.

Yeah that would be cool.

RPCS3 PS3 Emulator - After Burner Climax Ingame! DX12

I had no idea RPCS3 was doing any progress but this is big!
Last thing I knew they could almost not even emulate any 2d games.
HOLY SMOKES, this is incredible progress!
It will take years until great compatibility and emulation with hígher resolutions and framerates but man, I'd be already happy with playing them dank exclusives on original res and stable 30.
Imagine Demon's Souls and Red Dead Redemption at 1080p/60 though :O
Really great that all VR companies opt out for special VR controls. That's gonna make it a much better experience I reckon.

JaseC

So, I just realised it's been a year since I e-mailed Devolver about grabbing keys for The Expendabros and Holiday Hike... so I've e-mailed it again and mentioned I'd happily pre-order Hatoful 2. I was told last year that Devolver would look into making the games proper +1s, but it's my understanding that Valve discourages No Cost subs in cases of purely free content, in which case Devolver's hands were tied.

I'm probably on Fork's ignore list as "That annoying Australian".

MUnited83

For you.
So, I just realised it's been a year since I e-mailed Devolver about grabbing keys for The Expendabros and Fork Parker... so I've e-mailed it again and mentioned I'd happily pre-order Hatoful 2. I was told last year that Devolver would look into making the games proper +1s, but it's my understanding that Valve discourages No Cost subs in cases of purely free content, in which case Devolver's hands were tied.

I'm probably on Fork's ignore list as "That annoying Australian".

You should be able to get Fork Parker, but I wouldn't be hopeful about Expendabros. I emailed them about it , and they did reply, but they said they couldn't give me a key because it would go against their contract with Lionsgate.

Tizoc

You know all them gaben dollars u made from selling cards?
Why do we hesitate to spend them even on games that are under $2...

JaseC

You should be able to get Fork Parker, but I wouldn't be hopeful about Expendabros. I emailed them about it , and they did reply, but they said they couldn't give me a key because it would go against their contract with Lionsgate.

Yeah, that rings a bell, but back then Expendabros was supposed to be unavailable come 2015, so evidently something changed... plus it's not as though Devolver has right to stop people from playing the game as Valve doesn't allow publishers to invalidate licences (something something consoles and iOS something something), so the reasoning comes across as a misunderstanding if not hollow. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom