• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I know this is going to sound weird, but I'd rather pay STEAM's price and have a guaranteed way of getting my money back due to this being a Koei Tecmo game.

That actually doesn't sound weird at all, and was going to mention that in my post also lol

Dr Dogg

That's a funny looking 'monster'.
ss_0492dde5daa6ff572f720ec72b0f81380341114d.600x338.jpg

Though seeing an ACE Team game I was kind of expecting a brawler of some sorts.

Steam should do monthly subscriptions to offer better services for its users. I would gladly pay $50 a year to be able to play online with my friends.

Turn in your badge and your gun. You're suspended from Steam GAF indefinitely!!!

Have you played Solitaire in Windows 10? It has ads that display on the screen in the menus and while you're playing. It has card deck designs you can buy as DLC.

lol, amazing. Do the DLC decks cost less, about the same or more than an actual deck of cards. Also, how do they justify ads? Because it's free? I'm on Windows 7 still, I don't see much point in upgrading at the moment. I kind of dread building my next tower.

Please, please, please, don't pre-order a PC port where Koei is involved. I want Japanese games on PC too, Dragon Quest in particular, but don't reward a company with such an awful track record with money blindly.

Want to play solitaire without ads? That'll be $1.49 a month or $10 a year.

SolitairePrice.jpg

Maybe having Xbox Live Gold in the future will give you premium access for free...

Ha, amazing. A subscription fee to play ad-free solitaire. They create a problem that didn't exist before and charge you for the solution.

Steam should do monthly subscriptions to offer better services for its users. I would gladly pay $50 a year to be able to play online with my friends.

I would pay that if they improved their marketplace. Hell I would make that back in a week selling cards faster

Not at all. It doesn't feel very much like Fallout 3. With the talking avatar, expanded color pallet, and making VATS useless along with the community building / crafting, it feels like a very different game.

VATS useless? It is more OP then ever. You have a 95% to get a headshot at all times. Combine that with the luck tree and it is non-stop headshots.

VATS useless? It is more OP then ever. You have a 95% to get a headshot at all times. Combine that with the luck tree and it is non-stop headshots.
Depends on your stats I suppose, I kept out of the last two trees and I never got good rates for headshots so I just kept to my mouse aim skills. Which was perfectly viable and I think that's a good thing.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Flesh Eaters -- MB-2685C7A41642324D - Taken by Saty
New kind of adventure -- MB-E92AB0DFD7C935C9 - Taken by anastef
Tinboy -- MB-6DBC553F9F783BF9 - Taken by Kuroyume
Eaten Alive -- MB-F4F567945F156955 - Taken by dave is ok
Ampersand -- MB-86876CEAF46D94B7 - Taken by Belgarion
Clergy Splode -- MB-FC2225015587F9C5 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo
Stellar 2D -- MB-D7D498CE0B980372 - Taken by Loptous
Terra Incognita ~ Chapter One: The Descendant -- MB-93E8FE7082CB90C2 - Taken by GaussTek
The Tower Of Elements -- MB-E130253F7B644742 - Taken by madjoki
Escape Machines -- MB-4EEFFF9D02FDE2EB - Taken by Purkake4

several of these have trading cards

take more than one game, if you want them

zkylon

zkylewd
Does anyone think that Fallout 4 is just Fallout 3 with crafting system?

not really, there's enough to differenciate it, like the new (worse) dialogue system and the new (worse) character system and then the poorly implemented base building and crafting systems

at least the power armor stuff is kinda cool?

but i'd say it's more similar to skyrim than fo3

Grief.exe

not really, there's enough to differenciate it, like the new (worse) dialogue system and the new (worse) character system and then the poorly implemented base building and crafting systems

at least the power armor stuff is kinda cool?

but i'd say it's more similar to skyrim than fo3

Bethesda going to dumb down to the point where Fallout 5 plays itself.

The less player input, the higher chance a player will get lost or confused.

Based off other Koei games will people be able to work past the 1080P resolution max for Dragon Quest or will it be stuck there for eternity?

L.O.R.D

this how i feel when trying to play any online game in saudi arabia

CVPrPtdWIAEqnbp.jpg

they just put a bandwidth limit to every unlimited plan here

it's bad that the ping is 250 ms already , now there is a limit ?
i wish i can play rocket league without lag.

zkylon

zkylewd
Bethesda going to dumb down to the point where Fallout 5 plays itself.

The less player input, the higher chance a player will get lost or confused.
i think this is a bad read tho

fallout 4 might be streamlined, but it's not a simple game. it's more like complicated but shallow.

fallout 4 has a ton of systems that have a ton of moving parts and are actually not really that accessible. best example would be the base building system, it's got many resources to manage that work differently, water has to be extracted from different sources, electricty must be connected by wires to be useful and people have to be assigned to food to gather it. and then there's happiness and defense and all of that. and then this system feeds into your looting because ur settlers find scrap for you that you can use to build up new stuff. and you can also make supply lines between bases to share resources etc etc

it's super complicated and very poorly tutorialized, but it's complicated. the thing is, none of these systems are actually deep tho. people need beds but you can just make a maze of beds and that's ok by them, you can assign anyone to do anything and it doesn't take into account their base stats or anything, things like that

the game is also really bad at giving you tools to interact with these systems. there's no settlmenent hud that tells you what everyone's doing or that allows you to easily set up someone for a task, you have to personally walk up and guess who's free to work there. ppl have come up with really creative solutions for this problem lke outfits but it's still something that's really bad from the design side

now an old system like the dialogue has been for sure streamlined, but i wouldn't really call it dumbed down, just poorly implemented. alpha protocol and mass effect both did a ton with very few choices, and the witcha 2 and 3 games have done summary text for dialogue choices and it's been mostly ok. that's just poor writing and poor design on beth side to not be able to go beyond "sarcastic" and different ways of saying no or yes

so i wouldn't say the game plays itself at all and i don't think that's beth's direction, i just think that they're really bad at systems and ui design and they're really bad at writing and unfortunately those things are core elements of rpg games so it makes sense for them to go in a more actiony direction with something like fo4.

i think that's a right move for them and the more they stay away from things they're clearly incompetent at the better for everyone

edit:

tl;dr - if they're trying to make the player less confused they're doing a really poor job, fallout 4 has some of the worst tutorializing and some of the most obtuse systems i've seen in years, things like not being told how to get off ur power armor or how to turn on your pipboy flashlight or maybe what legendary enemies mutating means or how to remove upgrades from weapons you just have to build them lesser upgrades to free up the old ones just prove to me that accessible might not be their #1 priority. it's probably high but u know. and im not against that direction because they clearly are crap at making actually working complicated sensible systems

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't put it past Microsoft. I assume (perhaps falsely) that they'll tie this in as a new "benefit" for existing Xbox Live Gold members, meaning that there won't be a separate PC subscription. Just like there isn't a separate Xbox One / Xbox 360 subscription now. Let's take a look for a second at what Xbox Live Gold actually offers:
  • Multiplayer Gaming - In the PC space, gamers have come to expect this is free since we've rarely if ever paid for it. Paid multiplayer gaming on PC typically falls in the realm of MMO games, so I expect that they'll try to push this angle with that new Fable game pretty hard.
  • Free Games (Games with Gold) - The Xbox 360 is on it's way out. They probably don't want to have to double the number of Xbox One games they're giving away with this program, so it makes sense they would try to find a "replacement" for this part of the program and it seems they've found one in something most people already own: a PC.
  • Exclusive Discounts (Deals with Gold) - Everyone seemed to love the $0.10 Microsoft Store sale on games. I could see them extending their Deals with Gold discounts to the Windows Store for these types of games.
  • Parties and Party Chat - Again this is something everyone familiar with PC gaming is already doing for free, so it'll be a tough sale. However, given the prevalence of the Xbox App on Windows 10 I could see some less informed users not bothering with Teamspeak or Steam Chat in favor of doing this party chat with their Xbox buddies, especially if it's cross-platform.
While I don't agree with it's merits, I can certainly see why Microsoft would be pushing for this. I think it really boils down to them looking for a long-term solution that everyone's happy with (Xbox One + PC) before officially retiring the service for Xbox 360 users.

At the end of the day though (assuming Microsoft does what Microsoft has been doing for years) you'll end up with a large number of people who buy Xbox Live Gold because it has benefits on multiple devices they own. The people who already have Xbox Live will see the addition of PC as a new "benefit" (even though all or most of this stuff is possible on PC for free) and you'll even get some chowderheads that want to play Fable or talk with their Xbox buddies but won't want to shell out for an Xbox One and will sign up. The rest of us will go on laughing at them, just like we've been doing for years anyway.
Yes, when you put it like that, it kinda makes sense. I wouldn't pay for it, but from what you said it's not hard to see how someone who's currently paying on Xbox would take advantage of these features on PC. They could even get some of their friends paying too. But still, it doesn't seem likely that it will be widely accepted outside of those cases.

Jawmuncher

Was it said that Titmouse was one part of the Studios who would work on an opening if the Stretch Goal is made for Indivisible?
Titmouse Animation ‏@TitmouseInc 13m13 minutes ago
Help @LabZeroGames reach @IndivisibleRPG's stretch goal for us to work on their opening!
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/indivisible-rpg-from-the-creators-of-skullgirls#/ …

For those who don't know what they have done
We Make Cartoons #VentureBros #ChinaIL #Metalocalypse #Superjail #Freaknik #MoonbeamCity #BlackDynamite #Motorcity #KingStarKing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom