• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Neat then!

Yeah, that game would be pretty weird without achievements considering that earning the achievements also gives you in-game rewards.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh, I thought they were gonna keep them in game and just not have them on steam.

I mean I guess they could do that, but the game is already tracking the conditions of all of the achievements anyway. I'm glad to see they're actually included though, as I'll probably pick this up on PC for a replay sometime down the line.

Monooboe

Bethesda going to dumb down to the point where Fallout 5 plays itself.

I would argue the opposite, much of the game is what the player makes of it, one could totally skip the mainquest and just fool around in the world. You can sit in a lawn chair outside your house and listen to the radio as long as you wanted and the game wouldn't mind. Meaning your input is all that matters.

zkylon

zkylewd
i like the inspiration behind the tower of monsters stuff cos i really love old universal monster movies, but the game at least visually looks kind of a mess to me

ArjanN

I would argue the opposite, much of the game is what the player makes of it, one could totally skip the mainquest and just fool around in the world. You can sit in a lawn chair outside your house and listen to the radio as long as you wanted and the game wouldn't mind. Meaning your input is all that matters.

In a sense that it's sandboxy perhaps, but nothing really has consequences, and in the end you're really always just wandering across a moonscape shooting at everything that moves and picking up pointless loot.

autoduelist

Have there been any good traditional roguelikes of late that I've missed? I'm itching to get something good during the upcoming sale.

Have there been any good traditional roguelikes of late that I've missed? I'm itching to get something good during the upcoming sale.
What's old is new again...

ADOM!

I'm so very bad at it.
No Man's Sky is going to put this theory to the test.

Graphics options supported for high end PCs:
Rendering resolution
Shadow processing
Glare adjustment
Turning movie scene playback on and off
Number of characters displayed
Draw distance
Texture Quality
Support for both full-screen and windowed display modes
Support for a maximum frame rate of 60fps
Support for full HD display at a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080
From the Dragon Quest: Heroes page, I assume it means you can render at resolutions up to 1080P?

dex3108

Another day another mass shooting in US. Stay safe US SteamGAF. I just wonder who will authorities and media blame this time. Video games, mental health or pizza.

Saty

Steamspy's best-selling games for November, US only:

CVPvqyIW4AIVeMf.png:large

jshackles

Steamspy's best-selling games for November, US only:

I hear it's got a pretty solid Earthbound vibe. Also, my daughter said she really liked it.

I've seen it mentioned here the past few months and everyone has been raving about it, so I guess I should probably see what all the fuss is about. Plus, damn. Third place in sales behind Fallout 4 and Call of Duty? Damn.

Nabs

F.E.A.R. plays beautifully with the Steam Controller, so I went and picked up the F.E.A.R. bundle from BundleStars. Here's a spare F3:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

F.E.A.R. 3 -- MB-25F788F406A8B36B - Taken by Spirited

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I hear it's got a pretty solid Earthbound vibe. Also, my daughter said she really liked it.

I've seen it mentioned here the past few months and everyone has been raving about it, so I guess I should probably see what all the fuss is about. Plus, damn. Third place in sales behind Fallout 4 and Call of Duty? Damn.

Go buy play it.

It's probably GOTY for many steamgaffers, including me.

Trine 2 is on there, but no Trine 3. Ouch. (Not surprising, but still. Ouch.)

As an aside, I am quite pleased with Borderlands 2. Oddly fun, considering how simple it is.
Fallout 3 over Witcher 3
Huh?

A huge amount of the digital copies are for GOG only. The only place to get Steam versions are from Steam, AFAIK.

Dr Dogg

I really, really want to pick up Undertale but as I said earlier too many cakes in my mouth at the same time!

Though the latest treat might be the sweetest of them all. Yes that WiiU game, draw distance is fucking insane and I haven't had this big of a nerdy scifi feeling over a game since first playing Mass Effect.

Dr Dogg

Worst thing I will say it the geomentary aliasing of a game rendered at 1280x720 then scaled to 1920x1080 and the scaled again to 3840x2160 with whatever interpolation method and filtering my TV does is an assault on the eyes with even the slightest camera movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom