• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

lol @ Real Madrid

harPosr.jpg

That is all.

What a cock-up. It'd be highly, highly amusing if they got thrown out for that.

derExperte

Did I get the link to the sign-up for this from here? Anyway:

Hello!

Remember us, Crows Crows Crows, whose email list you subscribed to? For news about our vague unspecified upcoming projects? Well, we’ve got something very exciting to tell you:

In just under 48 hours, we’re going to be announcing – and releasing - our first experimental game!

http://crowscrowscrows.com/report/countdown.html

It’s going to be starring award winning comedian Simon Amstell, who has whispered and yelped and joked around into a microphone for us, and it’s – well. We don’t want to spoil it.

Here’s what we’ll tell you. It’s a strange and whirlwind sort of heist game, it’s between 15 and 20 minutes long, and here is ONE screenshot of it:

screenshot

Two hours before we release on Friday, we’re going to send you all one (1) Steam key, so you can be among the very first people to play. Thank you so much for supporting us along the way!

Right. We’d better be off. There are tiny things to get sorted, there are details to put in place, there are bits and pieces that need to be aligned.

We’ll see you on Friday,

Crows Crows Crows

Dr Dogg

And here was me thinking Simon Amstell faded into obscurity after ruining Buzzcocks (always Mark Lemarr's gig in my eyes). And let's be honest who outside the UK even knows who he is.

Just finished Life is Strange, clocked at 14 hours.

Totally got bored with the first two episodes. Had some goosebumps moments on episode 3 onwards, with some crazy twists here and there. However, the ending is just so weak and pretty much predictable from the first episode. Perhaps there's totally different ending(s) if I chose some choices in different ways, especially on that last scene, but I doubt it. Loved the overall journey and story telling though. And I'm still complaining (and won't stop) about the horrible facial animations. So many great scenes and conversations in this game that are pretty much fucked up due to the bad expressions that the characters showed. Really, what a shame. I hope they can nail it on the second season.

BorntoPlay

Oh i miss the new thread.. i was doing a huge upgrade to my pc..

On BF got a core i5-6500 skylake, z170xp-sli gigabyte motherboard, samsung 850 250 gb ssd, and 16 GB DDR4 2666 Corsair Vengeanse lpx,... and now, i'm a Happy Gamer =D

Just finished Life is Strange, clocked at 14 hours.

Totally got bored with the first two episodes. Had some goosebumps moments on episode 3 onwards, with some crazy twists here and there. However, the ending is just so weak and pretty much predictable from the first episode. Perhaps there's totally different ending(s) if I chose some choices in different ways, especially on that last scene, but I doubt it. Loved the overall journey and story telling though. And I'm still complaining (and won't stop) about the horrible facial animations. So many great scenes and conversations in this game that are pretty much fucked up due to the bad expressions that the characters showed. Really, what a shame. I hope they can nail it on the second season.

you're tripping, episode 2 is the best one.

also yea, ending is doodoo, we talk about it all the time someone brings it up :p its a pretty cheap ending imo.

you're tripping, episode 2 is the best one.

also yea, ending is doodoo, we talk about it all the time someone brings it up :p its a pretty cheap ending imo.

Students bullying
, the episode?
I've watched that kind of show so many times on TV. The choice I had to make at the end was kinda hard though.

Dr Dogg

As much as I loath Liverpool I've taken a shine to Klopp for the way he handles himself in front of our stupid press and shows them up for what they are. For the time being anything German gets a pass in my book

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
And here was me thinking Simon Amstell faded into obscurity after ruining Buzzcocks (always Mark Lemarr's gig in my eyes). And let's be honest who outside the UK even knows who he is.
Unless you're like me and watches all those dumb panel shows.

eyeless

i don't why you brought up simon amstell but he's way better than your favorite mark lamarr who's name you don't know the spelling of

deal w/ it old man

also i'm not from the uk

If it wasn't for British panel shows, the ABC in Australia wouldn't know what to do with themselves, they might need to start producing their own content.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Have you watched Jonathan Creek? What's-his-face QI regular is on that. The one that isn't Stephen Fry.

It's mostly good shit.

You mean Alan Davies ? :p

Great show, used to watch that with my mum. The only show I can think of that is remotely similar is the brilliant japanese show Trick.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is this new?

Free gtx 950 upgrade from 750Ti.

Looks like it's just when buying from one of those vendors? I got excited there for a second since I bought a 750ti for my wife's PC a while back and thought they were offering a free upgrade to gtx 950.

Looks like it's just when buying from one of those vendors? I got excited there for a second since I bought a 750ti for my wife's PC a while back and thought they were offering a free upgrade to gtx 950.

seems that way...says "Configure By 12/4 At Participating System Builders For Your Free Upgrade"

Ozium

are the keighlys tonight or tomorrow?

edit also damn I should buy undertale I should have bought it ages ago but I'm an idiot

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
less than 2 days t go and no hints on the Humble Monthly ?

I think their hints were a one time only thing to get people hyped to initially subscribe.

If they gave hints every month, it might cause people to start dropping the subscription. I'm pretty sure they want it to be a "Surprise! Didn't like what you got? Too late to unsubscribe this month! But next month might be better!" kinda thing.

I honestly forgot that was a thing.

That's also typically the goal in these types of situations. Let people that are subscribed forget.

Soulflarz

Banned
I think their hints were a one time only thing to get people hyped to initially subscribe.

If they gave hints every month, it might cause people to start dropping the subscription. I'm pretty sure they want it to be a "Surprise! Didn't like what you got? Too late to unsubscribe this month! But next month might be better!" kinda thing.

In which case I don't want to sub

That's also typically the goal in these types of situations. Let people that are subscribed forget.

But if they dont hype it, no one is going to subscribe.

Accoun

Fallout 3 over Witcher 3
Huh?
Fallout 4 came out and boosted the sales of Fallout 3 for people that want their post-nuclear Bethesda game fix but can't afford/don't want to spend that much money on the new game? Just like when (supposedly) the PS3 launch boosted sales of PS2 here.

Plus what's already been mentioned.

Fair point. They never did say the hints would be a recurring theme.

Something like PS+ would be better where they reveal the content of the month beforehand.

They do know that if it's an average bundle people will stop subscribing, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom