• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Played Batman AK for a couple of hours or so. On low texture, everything else medium & on, except nvidia gameworks off, it is running quite fine on my PC, surprisingly. 50-60fps most of the time in the open world, with dips to 40 in ground combat, and sub 30fps in heavy batmobile battles.

Surprisingly (again), I enjoyed the batmobile sections.

that looks great

Ozium

But I thought those bullets found them

LalhRAN.gif

Popstar

uBrSLx4.png

This is new? Now you can automatically get games removed from Steam account without refund. It even lets you select package to be removed.
I wonder if this will work properly for removing stuff like the original version of Company of Heroes. I'm worried my license for the "new Steam version" is linked to having the old version.

Nabs

im probably gonna play it on low guessing it wont stutter looking that bad and being on the SSD

just need to move it there when im done with other stuff

I still think you have a ghost hiding in your computer.

Honestly, Low doesn't look bad at all. I played it like that with no major performance issues.

zkylon

zkylewd
Looks much better than that, actually. Jpeg compression combined with imgur compression gave a big hit on IQ.
Just realized it after seeing the first picture.

whats your computer

if it looks that good on low i might just pick it up and try it that way?

I wonder if this will work properly for removing stuff like the original version of Company of Heroes. I'm worried my license for the "new Steam version" is linked to having the old version.

Well before you delete anything, it will give you a list of items that will go away.

Parsnip

Played Batman AK for a couple of hours or so. On low texture, everything else medium & on, except nvidia gameworks off, it is running quite fine on my PC, surprisingly. 50-60fps most of the time in the open world, with dips to 40 in ground combat, and sub 30fps in heavy batmobile battles.

Surprisingly (again), I enjoyed the batmobile sections.

Looks better than expected.
Also that game is weirdly cpu intensive, you too are hitting a cpu cap in the batmobile shot.

Looks better than expected.
Also that game is weirdly cpu intensive, you too are hitting a cpu cap in the batmobile shot.

Yeah, it's a pretty old cpu indeed.
Next year is the year to upgrade, I guess. But I'm also aiming for a PS4 for JRPGs goodness. Well shit.

oh that sounds manageable

maybe i'll buy it on christmas sale

i can still return it before the end of the year if it doesn't work right?

I think the deadline is around in the middle of December?
Not sure.

AsylumX

uBrSLx4.png

This is new? Now you can automatically get games removed from Steam account without refund. It even lets you select package to be removed.

Just tried this out on a bad game i had, it's really smooth the process.

On the other hand, I wonder if this feature is only available to accounts that have steam guard, because it could lead to really shitty pranks...

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Turbo Pug -- MB-480F8D67D80FBEB3 - Taken by GaussTek

it's a fast dog?

What a nice surprise that the VGA stream on Youtube is for once not disabled due to licensing rights in Germany, yay \o/

Kung Fury updated with story mode and 4 selectable characters :)
Oh man, that reminds me I never came around watching Kung Fury. Weirdly enough I watched The Hoffs music clip several times and The Hacker's Guide.
Both awesome.
I knew of MS-tan (from here again) but AMD too? Wonder what cliche Nvidia's mascot will fill. I'd guess the snobby, rich princess :)
uBrSLx4.png

This is great tbh but I can see some take it too far and remove games in a fit of ragequit!
Holy Smokes! That face artstyle is atrocious! :eek:

She reminds me of Ai Shinozaki (possibly NSFW)
Possibly NSFW, hah? Phew, glad I was alone.
I recognize some of the titles from AVGN. They were good for something at least.
Yaiba does not fit in terms of quality though. I saw gameplay videos and it wasn't a broken game. Mediocre maybe but is mediocrity these days already enough for "worst of all time"?

gelf

Some bundle leftovers, everyone needs Guacamelee :
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GT Legends -- MB-8AB7632964B0A1DB - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition -- MB-326787E13ADD0DF7 - Taken by Last Baron. 8 entrants total.
Survivalist -- MB-0F96B50C9477C36F

t1449200854z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom