• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
So every once in a while I get a wild idea like I did this morning. I guess with Shadow Complex releasing on PC it got me thinking about my old Xbox account. "Maybe I should pick up an Xbox One. I'd like to play Rise of the Tomb Raider, and a lot of things I previously purchased on Xbox Live Arcade are backwards compatible." Then I remember, oh wait my account was suspended for no reason.

I decided I'd contact Xbox Support, just to see if they could point me in the right direction as to who to talk to regarding the account suspension that happened in 2007. Keep in mind that once it happened I sold my Xbox and haven't used one since. Obviously, the thought of re-purchasing all the BC stuff I already own is not appealing so my decision to buy more or less hinges on whether or not they can review (and hopefully overturn) my account suspension.

And after spending about 45 minutes in live chat, it turns out they cannot. But to be fair, their support person was kind of stumped as to why that was.

Oh well, their loss. I guess I'll go back to waiting for Tomb Raider's PC release like everyone else.

it once took me almost two hours to be able to reactivate my xbox live account because the last time they tried to auto-charge my credit card for a year of live many years ago it was declined.

Their customer service is messy

Wok

Humble Monthly December

Payday 2
Banished
Rust
Chroma Squad
Neon Struct
Company of Heroes 2

Background image down at the bottom looks like next month Reus?

Which background are you talking about?

Plus you are missing a demo:

Be the first to try out Shadwen, the upcoming stealth game from Frozenbyte! The game is making its worldwide debut with this demo for Humble Monthly subscribers. Stay hidden, or the guards will capture you on sight. Manipulate time to your advantage -- rewind time when you make a mistake to gain an upper hand on the guards, and control your movements carefully and precisely to nail each move and try different strategies for the ultimate solution. Use physics and a freely attachable rope to drag and topple objects. Make deaths look accidental by letting gravity do the grave work. In Shadwen, there is only one rule: remain unseen.This is only a demo and does not include access to the full game once it's released.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Call again, escalate the call. I've had my account taken, had the gametag changed twice, had money charged to a CC, and a bunch of other BS all get undone by escalating to people who are reasonable.

Apparently, their standard customer service doesn't deal with account suspensions at all. Also apparently, this is all handled via their online "Enforcement portal". When signing in it tells me that my account is suspended but that I don't have any active suspensions on my account.

F3LUzt8.png

EWd8Qwq.png

So I don't even know what to think anymore. The support guy was nice but in the end he apologized a lot for not being able to help.

So I'm playing Gurumin.

I'm in the starting town and one of the first citizens asks me out for a date. Isn't she supposed to be a kid?? WTF! (not to mention he looks like a creepy old man)

A later cutscene she meets a monster and she's glad to see it because it's a kid just like her. Looks like it confirms my suspicion.

And there are healing points where you get stripped naked to heal. Creepy as hell.

Great game so far though.

Knurek

Will there even be a January Humble Monthly bundle?
I'm expecting sub numbers to drop like a rock after the stuff they pulled...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
If I told you that a major studio hired a white women to do the motion, performance, and facial capture of a person of color along with their voice, how would some folks take to that?
For voice acting I honestly could not care less. I mean, there are some white voice actors who don't do a convincing black character, but that's a casting and/or voice direction problem.

When you start getting into performance and facial capture, that starts feeling a little more iffy to me. I'm honestly not sure.

any good endless runner games on Steam?

Run or Die has really good reviews.

C4rter

Wait what? What the? Company of Heroes 2 was in a Humble Weekly before? Isn't that against the rules of Humble Monthly?

C4rter

Well, this was the promotion back then:
ADoFpub.jpg

Sure they can bent it any way they want but "games that have not been featured in other bundles" sounds to me like they were not in other bundles before.

Well time to cancel my subscription anyway. Forgot to do it after the first bundle.

Chariot

ADoFpub.jpg

Sure they can bent it any way they want but "games that have not been featured in other bundles" sounds to me like they were not in other bundles before.

Well time to cancel my subscription anyway. Forgot to do it after the first bundle.
Yeah, some of them. The ad doesn't say that all games in the monthly bundle are new.

zkylon

zkylewd
ADoFpub.jpg

doesn't say they all have to be new-to-hb games, i think expecting that was super unreasonable

you're still correct to cancel your subscription tho

fuck hidden bundles, that shit's a scam

This isn't the kind of Mech games I want but...*sigh*

*puts on wishlist*

should've backed battletech like the cool kids like me

Really enjoying TEW's dlc. That combination of being deprived of weapons and the almost constant darkness reminds of Alien Isolation. I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff. Kidman is really growing on me, her VA did a great job, apparently it's her only role in a videogame.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Welp found the problem:

Any Xbox Live member with an active enforcement action may submit a case for review through the account's Enforcement History, provided the enforcement meets the following requirements:
  • The enforcement's duration is greater than 24 hours in length
  • The enforcement was issued in the last 18 months

My suspension is for another 984 years, but was received 103 months ago. Apparently that makes me ineligible for them to appeal my case.

Wok

ADoFpub.jpg

That is the difference between "for all" and "there exists".

zkylon

zkylewd
wait????? 984 years???

that's just a permaban

league does the same for ppl that have chat bans, they give them like 8000 game bans

dunno why it works like that but it's not uncommon i guess to just slap a big number in the day count instead of flagging ppl as banned

jshackles

You can prove Microsoft wrong here.

Just gotta live long enough to transfer my conscious to a robot body, then wait it out.

Seriously though, it seems like a pretty bad policy. It sucked when it happened in 2007 out of the blue with no recourse, and it sucks now almost 10 years later.

Ludens

Banned
Man, I'm stucked in the epilogue of Book 4 of Dreamfall because after another amazing section of "find all hidden item", you need to solve a puzzle by associating three items to another items, for three times. I solved two, I'm stucked on the last one, I tried all combinations but nothing. This game is horse crap.
EDIT: I rebooted the game, and I solved it on my first try. Guess the game just bugged out, since I tried that combination like 4 times (I also wrote it to be sure, so).

Grief.exe

I hate it that there's no 1080p IPS G-Sync monitor out there.
You can have each two of the three at the same time, but not all of them. :

Yeah, I'd upgrade to a G-Sync monitor in a heartbeat if there were a 1080p, non-TN option.

Everyone is targeting the high-end market so they can increase their margins right now, plus your demographic overlap is likely best at that high-end price point. Who is most likely to spend tons of money on a monitor? The guy with a very expensive GPU.

My opinion? Don't spend money to side grade a monitor to 1080p. Once you go 1440p, 1080p looks like garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom