• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two 'meh' bundles in a row.
Not crap, obviously, but not great ones either.

This one is really good for me at least. Rust and Chroma were on my wishlist and I dont have banished or Neon Struct, also the main reason I bought it was because I wanted Towerfall, so really this one will make me keep the subscription.

If Ubisoft would put Unity and Rogue on sale cheap enough to warrant a purchase I might be caught up enough to actually want to buy Syndicate.THERE IS MONEY ON THE TABLE UBISOFT, TAKE IT.

Jawmuncher

I wonder if the rule that you can't buy the current bundle is due to cuts to publishers/devs. Even loot box lets you buy a specific months box.

Amzin

Well my cheapo copy of Transformers Devastation turned up today. Completely forgot about ordering that, fat chance you're getting played anytime soon. Speaking of...

I'm still sad about missing that sale. I've been wanting that game to get cheaper for a while... I shelled out for FO4 and Just Cause 3 among other things lately so didn't feel like I could do $30+ for Devastation. What's even more annoying is they're taunting me with the price STILL being 55% off but has been "out of stock" since I saw it :p

If Ubisoft would put Unity and Rogue on sale cheap enough to warrant a purchase I might be caught up enough to actually want to buy Syndicate.THERE IS MONEY ON THE TABLE UBISOFT, TAKE IT.

this whiffs of Syndicate bombing by whatever expectations Ubi had for it.

All i can say is good. you milked the cow till it was dry and then beat the dead horse that was right next to it. You couldn't handle doing one every other year so now reap what you sowed.

Knurek

Everyone is targeting the high-end market so they can increase their margins right now, plus your demographic overlap is likely best at that high-end price point. Who is most likely to spend tons of money on a monitor? The guy with a very expensive GPU.

My opinion? Don't spend money to side grade a monitor to 1080p. Once you go 1440p, 1080p looks like garbage.

Yeah, but my 970 is not enough to drive 1440p in newer titles. It's barely enough to drive 1080p in them, and having a GSync monitor would surely extend its lifetime.
Plus, obviously, 120Hz with ULMB would be lovely for emulators.
I just can't fathom going back to TN viewing angles.

Well my cheapo copy of Transformers Devastation turned up today. Completely forgot about ordering that, fat chance you're getting played anytime soon. Speaking of...

I don't know what I'm feeling right now but any tables I encounter in the next few hours you have been warned!
Did you order Transformers from Amazon UK? Mine still hasn't been dispatched.

header.jpg

You know how this works:

1 - NingenJanai
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -

t1449259200z0.png

Murricans and asians welcome too

Is no one gonna join this? I think I should be able to, if I'm not already playing it with some friends.

Ludens

Banned
What was in monthly bundle?
EDIT: Found it

Banished
Rust (EA)
Chroma Squad
Neon Struct Deluxe Edition
Company of Heroes™ 2
Company of Heroes™ 2: The British Forces
Company of Heroes™ 2 - The Western Front Armies: US Forces
Company of Heroes™ 2 - The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West
Payday 2
Payday 2: The Big Bank Heist
Payday 2: Gage Mod Courrier
Payday 2: Gage Assault Pack
Payday 2: Dragon Character Pack

Accoun

I read that it will be delayed by a week for Polish users.
Since, you know, Ubisoft has a bone to pick with us for some reason.

That's because there are so many PC gamers in Poland and they don't want to fuck it up with a bad PC version, right?

Right?!

Dr Dogg

Just to clarify Xenoblade Chronicles X is eligible for the SteamGAF GOTY's right? It's sooooo purrdy.

I'm still sad about missing that sale. I've been wanting that game to get cheaper for a while... I shelled out for FO4 and Just Cause 3 among other things lately so didn't feel like I could do $30+ for Devastation. What's even more annoying is they're taunting me with the price STILL being 55% off but has been "out of stock" since I saw it :p

I have no idea what's going on with this physical release. Surprised Activsion even bothered but can't complain.

Did you order Transformers from Amazon UK? Mine still hasn't been dispatched.

Yep, got dispatched Wednesday so hopefully yours might be soon(ish).

The Bloodborne salt for last night's awards is real over on gaming side.

Funny how some peeps don't care about Award Shows until their precsious doesn't win something :p

xPaw

SteamDB developer and generally a pretty crafty guy.
I finally did what I wanted on SteamDB: price tracking for packages, which allows us to correctly find price changes (and not just discounts!). I've changed this page https://steamdb.info/pricechanges/ to display price changes in packages (initial price changes, not discounted prices). As apps on Steam store display prices from packages, this page will be enough to find sneaky price increases/decreases.

But have you played Bloodborne?

Why people get upset over individual game awards is beyond me
I have and the load times and frame rate drops led to be returning to Lordran to engage in jolly co-operation with friends.

I'm disappointed about some awards but I won't make a thread or harp on about it. People have different opinions
Is no one gonna join this? I think I should be able to, if I'm not already playing it with some friends.
I would but I'm playing Mario Kart with some friends and then Xenoblade.

zkylon

zkylewd
everything about farcry primal sounds terrible to me

the more steps away from farcry 2 they take the worse it looks

Gintoki

I finally did what I wanted on SteamDB: price tracking for packages, which allows us to correctly find price changes (and not just discounts!). I've changed this page https://steamdb.info/pricechanges/ to display price changes in packages (initial price changes, not discounted prices). As apps on Steam store display prices from packages, this page will be enough to find sneaky price increases/decreases.

Just in time for the winter sale

chronomac

Enjoy
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2 -- MB-DDD2CCEB0CA1340E - Taken by Sajjaja. 2 entrants total.

t1449259090z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom