• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Does anyone know how many games there are to "explore" on Steam?

YqPB9Tj.png

I am almost past 6,000 games marked as not interested, and I wonder how long till I have seen them all.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I finally did what I wanted on SteamDB: price tracking for packages, which allows us to correctly find price changes (and not just discounts!). I've changed this page https://steamdb.info/pricechanges/ to display price changes in packages (initial price changes, not discounted prices). As apps on Steam store display prices from packages, this page will be enough to find sneaky price increases/decreases.

Any chance of a long package history page a la the long app history page (i.e. one that displays store additions/removals specifically)? I try to check for sub removals twice daily, but having to skip through the broader package history page can be a huge in pain in the arse after, say, a new currency has been implemented as a bajillion subs get in the way.

Drillow

What was in monthly bundle?
EDIT: Found it

Banished
Rust (EA)
Chroma Squad
Neon Struct Deluxe Edition
Company of Heroes™ 2
Company of Heroes™ 2: The British Forces
Company of Heroes™ 2 - The Western Front Armies: US Forces
Company of Heroes™ 2 - The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West
Payday 2
Payday 2: The Big Bank Heist
Payday 2: Gage Mod Courrier
Payday 2: Gage Assault Pack
Payday 2: Dragon Character Pack

So, can I get these games if I subscribe now or am I screwed?

xPaw

SteamDB developer and generally a pretty crafty guy.
Any chance of a long package history page a la the long app history page (i.e. one that displays store additions/removals specifically)? I try to check for sub removals twice daily, but having to skip through the broader package history page can be a huge in pain in the arse after, say, a new currency has been implemented as a bajillion subs get in the way.

Price tracking page will show price removals (although that may also mean that simple errors in our price fetching might show up, there are multiple cases where we keep loosing track of prices due to stupid caching on Valve's end)

madjoki

Remember Splot by Frozenbyte? The unfinished game that was part of one of the early HBs? Which we were all supposed to get for free once it released? You don't right?

Frozenbyte forgot too.

It was released sometime ago
but not on steam, drm-free only and ios.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Price tracking page will show price removals (although that may also mean that simple errors in our price fetching might show up, there are multiple cases where we keep loosing track of prices due to stupid caching on Valve's end)

Ah, cool. Cheers.

Sini

Does anyone know how many games there are to "explore" on Steam?

YqPB9Tj.png

I am almost past 6,000 games marked as not interested, and I wonder how long till I have seen them all.
2015-12-04_21-55-06.png

Thanks to this I can't do the new community badge. There's region locked games stuck in the queue.

Ludens

Banned
"Not Tradable, Not Marketable"

Try again in two months or so.

I ask because I had the same problem with Binding of Isaac pre-order thingy, but I managed to sell it in the end. So no one can sell those at the moment, right?

But how do I get them? I don't see them in my inventory and I turned on the game.

Boot TF2.

wait how does one qualify for the AK TF2 items? I've had that game since launch

TF2 Premium, if so boot TF2.

I ask because I had the same problem with Binding of Isaac pre-order thingy, but I managed to sell it in the end. So no one can sell those at the moment, right?

Boot TF2.

They put blocks on those items for a certain amount of time before they make them able to be traded/sold...you should be able to eventually but until then you can't

Wok

I have 260 games. There's still about 20 games in my queue.

Thanks, fellow cat.

Okay, so that must be it. Between games and DLCs, it is hard to have a proper count. The total for someone who owns no game on Steam would be close to 7,000.

I am glad I have reviewed all the games. :D

Now I have to further check my wishlist.

zkylon

zkylewd
Pretty sure only 5 of us like Far Cry 2.

Even if it's the only good one of those they made.
i mean, farcry 1 was pretty good

i didn't like blood dragon much, and haven't played 3 or 4 so can't talk much about that

but 1 was pretty cool

You still have to admit Far Cry 2 had some heavy flaws.
oh yeah, farcry 2 is kind of a mess. but it's still the closest games have ever gotten to a stalker clone and that's one beautiful thing to try to mimic

unfortunately it didn't quite capture stalker's magic and it could be super tedious more often than one would hope but hey, it tried something

you didn't have to kill 50 boars to craft like a poach to store your grenades in, you were to busy fighting malaria while getting shot and making buddies with mercenaries with dark pasts

Sini

Thanks, fellow cat.

Okay, so that must be it. Between games and DLCs, it is hard to have a proper count. The total for someone who owns no game on Steam would be close to 7,000.
There's also about 50-60 games I've marked "not interested" outside of the queue.

Uzzy

The kind of people who would delete Devolver Digital games would probably also enjoy their genitals spontaneously bursting into flames.

Yep, got dispatched Wednesday so hopefully yours might be soon(ish).
I was actually looking through my Amazon orders today and wondered if it would ever be sent. I hope that it arrives soon so that I can feel like I got some decent value for the £10 promo code that I used with it.
Funny how some peeps don't care about Award Shows until their precsious doesn't win something :p
It's funny until you remember the Uncharted 3 and Nathan Drake Collection review threads. People get far too caught up in companies who will almost always do what's best for business, not fulfil the desires of raging fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom