• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

I hate it that there's no 1080p IPS G-Sync monitor out there.
You can have each two of the three at the same time, but not all of them. :\

Kriken

That's what most people thought but, after seeing the trailer last night I figured this was gonna be their new actual Far Cry game.

The concept and timing make it sound like it's a Blood Dragon type game. Stil, haven't beaten FC4, so I can wait for this to hit $15

Uzzy

2893760-herstory-2.jpg

Really though, if anything other than Life is Strange had to win best narrative, I'm happy it's this. Same with Ashly Burch and best performance.

The Westwood award made me feel ancient. The RTS genre is apparently so outdated and irrelevant that they had to use MOBAs as a reference point so kids today would understand the games that basically defined my childhood, Command and Conquer.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I hate it that there's no 1080p IPS G-Sync monitor out there.
You can have each two of the three at the same time, but not all of them. :\

Yeah, I'd upgrade to a G-Sync monitor in a heartbeat if there were a 1080p, non-TN option.

maty

Finally the Epic Games Launcher updated and I can now begin to download Shadow Complex. YES!

Regarding game removal, I don't understand why some people can't get some of us would like to remove games we didn't like from our accounts. You could also ask why would anyone add/buy a game if you are not going to play it, and the answer is going to be the same because I want to.

In my case, I don't care about the +1s but if I enjoyed them. So far I've deleted 4 games which I have played and are just bad.

Superfrog, Ku: Shroud of the Morrigan, Canyon Capers, Rush Bros.

All came from bundles or were given away for free.

If I told you that a major studio hired a white women to do the motion, performance, and facial capture of a person of color along with their voice, how would some folks take to that?

Haunted

Why does this look worse than the last game. (I mean graphically, but yes its lame overall)

Did the B team make this?
Looking at the most likely production timeline, this seems to be a spinoff intended to bridge the gap until the next mainline Far Cry, kinda like Blood Dragon.

15 minutes left until the HB Monthly reveal. No clues or context on what these games will be. This will end well.
Literally the only type of person I'd recommend blind bundles to is someone who hasn't bought any Steam games before and is aiming to get to a large collection in a short amount of time.

Anyone else is a sucker or rich. Or both.

The concept and timing make it sound like it's a Blood Dragon type game. Stil, haven't beaten FC4, so I can wait for this to hit $15

Oh right right. I understand why anyone would think it's like Blood Dragon. Just after last night, I can't say I am surprised.

If I told you that a major studio hired a white women to do the motion, performance, and facial capture of a person of color along with their voice, how would some folks take to that?

if she's good at her job good for her. But then again I don't really care about the skin color or gender of an employee like the majority of gaf seems to.

Ribeiro

So, i have a question and want some opinions. I bought one PS4 bundle (that was not technically a bundle apparently) with COD BLOPS 3 and COD AW @ Amazon.de for 333 Eur. They sent the game by a diferent parcel from the PS4 with a delay of 3 days. I am not a huge COD fan anymore, and i bought the PS4 for the exclusives. Should i return the games and get a 86Eur back or the PS4 versions have some that is better than the PC version?

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Just played through Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist...

Most intense heist ever!!!

This is meta as fuck, just like the Stanley Parable. I liked it :)

Jawmuncher

So, i have a question and want some opinions. I bought one PS4 bundle (that was not technically a bundle apparently) with COD BLOPS 3 and COD AW @ Amazon.de for 333 Eur. They sent the game by a diferent parcel from the PS4 with a delay of 3 days. I am not a huge COD fan anymore, and i bought the PS4 for the exclusives. Should i return the games and get a 86Eur back or the PS4 versions have some that is better than the PC version?

Get money back, no one is playing advanced warfare. BLOPS3 has a lot of cool PC features that should be keeping the community at a decent size if you ever decide to go back.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Indie Gala "Creepy Adventurer" Bundle

Pay only $1 and Get these 3 great games!

Post Mortem (STEAM)
Amerzone: The Explorer’s Legacy (STEAM)
Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood (STEAM)

Pay only $1.25 or more (ONLY FIRST 24 Hours) and Get The Entire Bundle of 12 Steam Games!

AGON - The Mysterious Codex (Trilogy) (STEAM)
AGON - The Lost Sword of Toledo (STEAM)
Curse: The Eye of Isis (STEAM)
Atlantis 2: Beyond Atlantis (STEAM)
Salammbô: Battle for Carthage (STEAM)
Dracula 4 and 5 - Special Steam Edition (STEAM)
Prehistorik (STEAM)
The Egyptian Prophecy: The Fate of Ramses (STEAM)
Save the Furries (STEAM)

https://www.indiegala.com/creepy

And all other bundles are 50% off

Rust, Banished, Payday 2, Chroma Squad, Neon Struct, and Company of Heroes 2 in the Dec. HB Monthly.

Signing up for January's HB Monthly nets you Payday 2.

I think right after it was announced they said it would be a full priced game. That's the point I completely lost interest.

You lasted that long??

The Westwood award made me feel ancient. The RTS genre is apparently so outdated and irrelevant that they had to use MOBAs as a reference point so kids today would understand the games that basically defined my childhood, Command and Conquer.

Word

Rust, Banished, Payday 2, Chroma Squad, Neon Struct, and Company of Heroes 2 in the Dec. HB Monthly.

Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Backlogger

Far Cry Blood Dragon was never priced as a full price game though whereas Primal is.

I think it looks cool but will probably grab for PS4 since it will take years for it to drop to $15 on Steam but it will be $15 on Gamefly used in 8 months.

Copons

Humble Monthly December

Payday 2
Banished
Rust
Chroma Squad
Neon Struct
Company of Heroes 2

Background image down at the bottom looks like next month Reus?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So every once in a while I get a wild idea like I did this morning. I guess with Shadow Complex releasing on PC it got me thinking about my old Xbox account. "Maybe I should pick up an Xbox One. I'd like to play Rise of the Tomb Raider, and a lot of things I previously purchased on Xbox Live Arcade are backwards compatible." Then I remember, oh wait my account was suspended for no reason.

I decided I'd contact Xbox Support, just to see if they could point me in the right direction as to who to talk to regarding the account suspension that happened in 2007. Keep in mind that once it happened I sold my Xbox and haven't used one since. Obviously, the thought of re-purchasing all the BC stuff I already own is not appealing so my decision to buy more or less hinges on whether or not they can review (and hopefully overturn) my account suspension.

And after spending about 45 minutes in live chat, it turns out they cannot. But to be fair, their support person was kind of stumped as to why that was.

Oh well, their loss. I guess I'll go back to waiting for Tomb Raider's PC release like everyone else.

Soulflarz

Banned
im sweepy

i asked square support for a refund
they never replied
f off square support

And after spending about 45 minutes in live chat, it turns out they cannot. But to be fair, their support person was kind of stumped as to why that was.

Call again, escalate the call. I've had my account taken, had the gametag changed twice, had money charged to a CC, and a bunch of other BS all get undone by escalating to people who are reasonable.

So every once in a while I get a wild idea like I did this morning. I guess with Shadow Complex releasing on PC it got me thinking about my old Xbox account. "Maybe I should pick up an Xbox One. I'd like to play Rise of the Tomb Raider, and a lot of things I previously purchased on Xbox Live Arcade are backwards compatible." Then I remember, oh wait my account was suspended for no reason.

I decided I'd contact Xbox Support, just to see if they could point me in the right direction as to who to talk to regarding the account suspension that happened in 2007. Keep in mind that once it happened I sold my Xbox and haven't used one since. Obviously, the thought of re-purchasing all the BC stuff I already own is not appealing so my decision to buy more or less hinges on whether or not they can review (and hopefully overturn) my account suspension.

Oh well, their loss. I guess I'll go back to waiting for Tomb Raider's PC release like everyone else.

My faith in MS support was lost when it took them about 3-4 months to get me a refund of $50 that someone took from me during that FIFA hacking thing (people stealing accounts to buy FUT stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom