• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

Well, all the games so far in that yogcast bundle but GG have been bundled. And I already own GG. Not like I was spending $30 in some bundle anyway.

Uzzy

Christmas comes early for SFV.

The tree has been decorated, presents are wrapped, and stockings are stuffed. Six new Premium Holiday costumes and a special Holiday-themed version of the New York stage are coming for Street Fighter V! Alongside the freshly fallen snow, Alex’s hometown is now decorated for the holidays with festive lights, ornaments only his mighty shoulders could lift, and presents scattered throughout.

Each Premium Holiday costume is priced at $3.99 / €3.99 / £3.29 and includes colors 1-10. The Holiday stage is priced at $1.99 / €1.99 / £1.29 or 40K Fight Money. Additionally, there is a Holiday bundle that will include all of this content for the discounted price of $19.99 / €19.99 / £15.99. This special Holiday content will only be available for a limited time ending January 17th so be sure to grab them on the PlayStation and Steam Stores to celebrate. The release date will be announced during PSX!

Are you ready to throw down? Also coming to Street Fighter V are B-Boy and B-Girl costumes for Ryu and Chun-Li. These premium costumes are $3.99 / €3.99 / £3.29 each and also include colors 1-10.

PlayStation Experience attendees will have a chance to try out all of this content at the Capcom booth before it is officially released. Also, if you tuned in to Red Bull Battlegrounds, the very first Season 2 character will also be unlocked for play. The release date for the Holiday content, B-Boy/B-Girl costumes and the first Season 2 character, will be announced during PSX.

And now the costumes.

Laura_Holiday.jpg
Juri_Holiday.jpg
Karin_Holiday.jpg
Ken_Holiday.jpg
R_Mika_Holiday.jpg
Zangief_Holiday.jpg
Ryu_B_Boy.jpg
Chun_Li_B_Girl.jpg

Tizoc

Eeeeeh Rapper Ryu and Santa Gief for me :p

BTW Dragon Quests Heroes 2 is slated for release on PS4 by April 2017, KOEI has lately been releasing their titles day and date with consoles and the same will apply to Berserk Musou, so I'm hoping the same here.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Licencing might be difficult given the troubles they seem to be having with the X-Men brand being spread out.

WRT X-Men, the issue is likely not licensing, but Marvel's expressed preference to starve the beast. If you didn't know, when Marvel was having a tough time they issued a variety of infinite-length exclusive licenses to creative partners. This famously includes Spider-man and Ghost Rider with Sony; and X-Men and Fantastic Four with FOX, and Hulk with Universal, and Iron Man with Artisan, and... These licenses go on forward unless the companies with them stop making movies, at which point the rights revert. So Marvel/Disney's strategy has been to a) aggressively negotiate to end or curb those licenses and get the characters back, b) in the mean time deliberately undersupply those characters in mediums they do have rights to (for example, Marvel has the comic rights to all its brands) in order to lower their value and make it more likely the licensees while stop producing films so they can get the characters back.

So my understanding is that the lack of X-Men characters in games up until now, especially in Disney's cash cow mobile stuff, is not stemming from lack of rights, but a deliberate plan to neglect X-Men until FOX is forced to give the rights back.

chronomac

So...there seems to be no harm in waiting to be that Yogscast bundle until more games are revealed, right? Why would you buy now, unless you really wanted those already revealed games?

Tizoc

So...there seems to be no harm in waiting to be that Yogscast bundle until more games are revealed, right? Why would you buy now, unless you really wanted those already revealed games?

They've revealed what 5 games? That'd be $6 each for them if you bought it now.
Not sure why you're all in a hurry to buy this bundle when you can just wait a whole month to get it if it interests you >_>

They've revealed what 5 games? That'd be $6 each for them if you bought it now.
Not sure why you're all in a hurry to buy this bundle when you can just wait a whole month to get it if it interests you >_>

That's because it's available in limited quantity. They claim to stop selling it once it reaches 50 000 bundles sold.

Eila

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/dollar-mega-bundle

28 games for -C$1.34 / $1.00 / £0.95 / 1,13 €

-- ABC Coloring Town
-- Balloon Blowout
-- Barnyard Mahjong 3
-- Bayla Bunny
-- Block Blowout
-- Chess Knight 2
-- Dessert Storm
-- Fabulous Food Truck
-- Fantastic 4 In A Row 2
-- Fantastic Checkers 2
-- Kitty Cat: Jigsaw Puzzles
-- Ludo Supremo
-- Mahjong Deluxe 2: Astral Planes
-- Mahjong Deluxe 3
-- Mahjong Destiny
-- Mahsung Deluxe
-- Mini Golf Mundo
-- Murder Mystery Adventure
-- Mystery Of Rivenhallows
-- Pepe Porcupine
-- Puppy Dog: Jigsaw Puzzles
-- Puzzles At Mystery Manor
-- Puzzles Under The Hill
-- Sweet Candy Mahjong
-- The Hidden Dragon
-- Ultimate Word Search 2: Letter Boxed
-- Where's My What?
-- Bubble Blowout

So many +1s here for me. Gimme all the shovelware.

Hektor

WRT X-Men, the issue is likely not licensing, but Marvel's expressed preference to starve the beast. If you didn't know, when Marvel was having a tough time they issued a variety of infinite-length exclusive licenses to creative partners. This famously includes Spider-man and Ghost Rider with Sony; and X-Men and Fantastic Four with FOX, and Hulk with Universal, and Iron Man with Artisan, and... These licenses go on forward unless the companies with them stop making movies, at which point the rights revert. So Marvel/Disney's strategy has been to a) aggressively negotiate to end or curb those licenses and get the characters back, b) in the mean time deliberately undersupply those characters in mediums they do have rights to (for example, Marvel has the comic rights to all its brands) in order to lower their value and make it more likely the licensees while stop producing films so they can get the characters back.

So my understanding is that the lack of X-Men characters in games up until now, especially in Disney's cash cow mobile stuff, is not stemming from lack of rights, but a deliberate plan to neglect X-Men until FOX is forced to give the rights back.

Schemes like this are so evil yet smart that i'm never quite sure if i should be disgusted or impressed.

Lomax

I mean I get that this is for charity but, perhaps a smaller cheaper bundle would've been more attractive.

I like these bundles existing, because they make the people who say sites like humble bundle are popular because of charity shut up. These high priced charity bundles rarely do a fraction of what the good deals do. Though having 60 games in the end might make this one interesting, we'll see.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What is Xenus 2? Pictures make it look like Far Cry. Was there a Xenus 1?

It's a bit like Far Cry and a bit like Stalker and very very very very much buggy eastern European junk. EviLore made an OT for it in 2010 (back when it was only available in the west on GamersGate):

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=416756

Side note: this is actually a Double OT which also includes The Precursors, a similar FPS-Open World-RPG that is built around a sci-fi planetary exploration concept rather than a jungle exploration concept.

Teggy

Something like Far Cry meets Eurojank. Check the GAF OT for it, hilarious.

It's a bit like Far Cry and a bit like Stalker and very very very very much buggy eastern European junk. EviLore made an OT for it in 2010 (back when it was only available in the west on GamersGate):

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=416756

Side note: this is actually a Double OT which also includes The Precursors, a similar FPS-Open World-RPG that is built around a sci-fi planetary exploration concept rather than a jungle exploration concept.

This made me laugh:

STOP RIGHT THERE. Answer these questions before proceeding.

1) When someone mentions Fallout: New Vegas, do you respond by complaining about the bugs?

2) Do you think Crysis and Metro 2033 have bad art and animation?

3) Were you baffled by S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and unable to figure out what you were supposed to do?

4) Is Uncharted 2 your favorite video game of all time?

...because my last few posts in this thread are literally complaining about New Vegas bugs, and the answer to 4 is pretty much "yes".

Grief.exe

Which would explain why they were fine with an older property seeing a rerelease with X-Men characters in Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but don't play nicely with a new product like UMVC4.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Which would explain why they were fine with an older property seeing a rerelease with X-Men characters in Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but don't play nicely with a new product like UMVC4.

So we gotta hope for a UMVC3 HD PC Release then. Got it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
By the way:

3dCZ43p.png

I was looking for the tweet that I saw earlier today. Basically, if people have requests for games, they say they are eager to listen.

Now to see if any of that pays off when they announce which games they'll be releasing.

Wok

Ooops gotta go and update the thread then >_>

As I mentioned in your OT about Yogcast Humble Bundle, I find it weird that these charities are only for the UK. It could at least be something European. Anyway, this might be a hint that Stephen's Sausage Roll could be part of the bundle: increpare lives in the UK and he is the kind of guy who releases some of his work for free, so I could definitely see him accept this contract.

I saw that Blade Runner was in a spotlight for the GOG weekly wishlisted games.

That would be pretty cool.

Obviously, I'd prefer Steam but whatever. There are physical versions on Amazon for around 30 Donald J's.

Tellaerin

Kind of a poor strategy if true, at least in the case of the X-Men. Those movies (inexplicably, IMO) keep making money, and a lack of tie-in merchandise doesn't seem to be hurting Fox any. It's really only the fans who end up suffering. :s

And now the costumes.

Chun_Li_B_Girl.jpg

♪ ♫ Thickness, thickness time is here~ ♫ ♪

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I am confident more copies will be added. Just look at the counter:

l3xSU5y.png

There are enough figures to go to 999,999.
All they have to do is put one really good game in this weekend and then fill the rest of the month with rebundled trash. I fully expect them to do this.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Mahjong Deluxe 3 -- MB-4ECD188D29EC0B11 - Taken by Lord Snow
Puzzles Under The Hill -- MB-D5E66ABE1E2ACD67 - Taken by ExoSoul
ABC Coloring Town -- MB-AA00C79D0089365E - Taken by Saty
Mini Golf Mundo -- MB-E6BC31679B123A08 - Taken by fifasnipe2224

Monooboe

Doing a "limited ACT NOW" thing for charity that is a month long doesn't sit right.o_O Ah well, at least all is going to charity either way.:D

Also that bundlestars mega bundle was indeed great for +1s, got me over 1500 games which was my goal to reach before the end of the year.

Im at work and my kid is sleeping so its the perfect time to chime in that rapper ryu looks rad. I might spend some fight money but im reeeaaalllllyyy saving for chaaracters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom