• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

data

Why is CSGO on the Game Awards sale? It's literally the only non-2016 game in the list.

edit: nvm, TW3 and R6S are also non-2016 games

Im at work and my kid is sleeping so its the perfect time to chime in that rapper ryu looks rad. I might spend some fight money but im reeeaaalllllyyy saving for chaaracters

Honestly I had to go back and look and see what the difference between it and the Red Bull one was.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh shit, Dishonored 2 is 33% off already. Might have to bite.

The game's in a fairly good state now. It still doesn't run quite as well as it should, especially during the Karnaca Docks level, but maintaining 60fps is now achievable if you've the hardware or are willing to compromise on settings.

Edit: You'll want to opt into the betapatch branch as it's the most current publicly-accessible build.

OneUh8

Debating on grabbing Inside now or just waiting for the Christmas sale. I am trying to catch up on all the big and goty material games so I can not be too spoiled by goty discussions. Primarily Giant Bombs podcasts.

The Witness is 50% off, damn that is tempting. It won;t go lower for a long time.

On one hand, I wouldn't mind getting this. On the other hand, I could wait for the Winter Sale and the money spent can go towards the special Holiday cards.

Providing it goes back to 50% off during the Winter Seal.

Teggy

Someone sell me on ABZU. Is this something I'm going to play for 2 hours and then just be like, "well, that was interesting?"

For comparison, I felt like I paid way too much for Virginia for what it was.

dex3108

On one hand, I wouldn't mind getting this. On the other hand, I could wait for the Winter Sale and the money spent can go towards the special Holiday cards.

Well issue is that we don;t know will it be 50% off :D Logic says it will but strange things can happen :D

Lomax

I can see them not wanting it at 50% off for the whole winter sale, he's been pretty adamant about not discounting quickly.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is there gameplay? I've seen it compared to Journey, which at least has some puzzles and jumping, or is it more like Virginia where you are basically guided through the whole thing?

I played it during this year's Extra Life stream. There is some gameplay, but I would say not even as much as Journey had. I also played Virginia the same day, and I feel like Abzu was only marginally more of "a game" than Virginia.

Abzu is pretty neat and really nice looking - but there is almost no replayability.

Eila

Didn't The Witness dev say it'd remain full price for a long time? Kinda shocking to see various 2016 blockbusters so cheap already.

Tizoc

Didn't The Witness dev say it'd remain full price for a long time? Kinda shocking to see various 2016 blockbusters so cheap already.

This is why i don't put too much faith in a developer or publisher's words/statements :p

Nabs

The Witness has had many sales throughout the year. It's one of the few indies that has done it right.

Now, Stephen's Sausage Roll...

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Got that bundle. 95p, plus 11 games have cards? No brainer.

Also, I paid with PayPal.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Somebody spam them with Windjammers requests.

My man!

windjammers_by_realghostvids-d6tyt55.gif

Teggy

I played it during this year's Extra Life stream. There is some gameplay, but I would say not even as much as Journey had. I also played Virginia the same day, and I feel like Abzu was only marginally more of "a game" than Virginia.

Abzu is pretty neat and really nice looking - but there is almost no replayability.

Hm. OK, I guess I'll have to decide if $10 for an experience is worth it. It would be one towards 52 for the year I guess :)

Monooboe

Debating on grabbing Inside now or just waiting for the Christmas sale. I am trying to catch up on all the big and goty material games so I can not be too spoiled by goty discussions. Primarily Giant Bombs podcasts.

You should grab it, well worth it and not a game you want spoiled.

gngf123

I bought Abzu for £10 near launch and honestly felt it was £10 mostly wasted.

It's a very pretty game that offers practically nothing else.

Sch1sm

Been playing this, one of the games I got this sale. Figured I'd try out some less noticed "puzzle" titles of the year that have just flown entirely under the radar or lack significant data or reviews.

One word: unimpressed.

Minimalist thing where you play as the black box pictured above, move across the board to reach the coloured + to colour yourself to that. You then have to get to the coloured patch that matches it to drop the target square to its black piece. Right, right, simple enough. Plenty of iOS/Android games like this that do it (and better, tbh).

But the Normal is too easy. And Smart is too easy. I haven't had the chance to touch the Genius set of levels, but I'm hoping it does something for me. 16 levels to each, ends real quickly. Wouldn't replay it. Barely want to touch it as is, I'm bored of it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

rtcn63

It's a very pretty game that offers practically nothing else.

Sadly this is how I've begun to view gaming, both indie and AAA. Graphics, stuff to do, but little attention to the core gameplay (and often technical performance) that should matter as much. Devs keep doing it because people keep falling for it. Reviewers in particular.

Maybe this is why so many folks just play Spelunky and Bad Rats for hours on end.

Wok

Sadly this is how I've begun to view gaming, both indie and AAA. Graphics, stuff to do, but little attention to the core gameplay (and often technical performance) that should matter as much. Devs keep doing it because people keep falling for it. Reviewers in particular.

Maybe this is this why so many folks just play Spelunky and Bad Rats for hours on end.

Thumper. You want to play Thumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom