• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp1990

Banned
Anyone here playing Space Hulk: Deathwing? I heard it's similar to Left 4 Dead and it really draw my attention, but I don't think it'll be as fun if I play by myself :p

dot

what are some good 1-2 hour games if one wanted to "cheat" in these last 15 days left of 2016 for the 52 games thing?

Im at 40 games btw

Woodle Tree Adventures
Bleed
Dynamite Jack
Fork Parker's Holiday Profit Hike
Gunman Clive
You Have to Win the Game
Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory
Soul Gambler
Greyfox
Escape Goat
Bad Rats
Offspring Fling

what are some good 1-2 hour games if one wanted to "cheat" in these last 15 days left of 2016 for the 52 games thing?

Im at 40 games btw

From my 63 or so this year:

• Bad Sector HDD (1 Hour)
  • Bitray (1-2 Hours)
  • BOllO (4 minutes for 100%)
  • Bus Tycoon ND (2 Hours for 100%)
  • The Deadly Tower of Monsters (4 Hours - In my top 5)
  • Evo Explorers (2 Hours)
  • hocus (2 Hours)
  • klocki (1 Hour)
  • Planet of the Eyes (2-3 Hours)
  • Spin Rush (A bit more than an Hour for 100%)
  • Unmechanical (2 Hours, a bit of an oldy but goody)
  • Zenge (1-2 Hours)
  • Zombo Buster Rising (2 Hours)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No Man's Sky

DopeyDecentHanumanmonkey.gif

Wok

The only non-free, on Steam game from that list I own is Message Quest so I guess I'll try that.

But it should be noted that, for the record, you suck at suggestions Wok!

You'll change your mind after you finish Message Quest!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No, the contrary! See, you have already admitted I give good recommendations, it is just that you have bad a priori vs. free games!

Oh thats what you meant. Did you not see me say it was on the record before? You cant wiggle out of it, its final.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Im at 40 games btw

Looking at the Steam games you own which you've never played (or idled):

Astray: played this the other day, it's an "okay at best" first person horror game that takes like 2-3 hours to beat. it has a bioshock 1 pipe puzzle in it though
Contradiction: it's more like 4-5 hours but you should play it anyway
Crow: isn't very good, but can be finished in 1-2 hours
Dinner Date: no comment
Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise: lol
Hexcells: actually good, can last anywhere between 2-4 hours
Super Amazing Wagon Adventure: haven't played it, but i've heard good things and a single playthrough is supposed to be short
Without Within: very short visual novel
Year Walk: interesting horror adventure game, can be finished between 1-3 hours. it has an achievement you can unlock by playing it on new year's day, which is kinda cool

Sarcasm

So I decided to start a new starting character in DS3. I can't get past the tutorial boss heh.

Don't remember how I did it on my main, who 100% the game on heh.

Don't understand how a roll can dodge and at same time next time it doesn't.

rtcn63

So I decided to start a new starting character in DS3. I can't get past the tutorial boss heh.

Don't remember how I did it on my main, who 100% the game on heh.

Don't understand how a roll can dodge and at same time next time it doesn't.

You used a flash grenade when he transformed

So on the assumption I'm going into this Seal with the chance to pick up some gems and really only one AAA game release from this year, should I choose:
- Civ VI
- Total War Warhammer
- Stellaris

Anno

So on the assumption I'm going into this Seal with the chance to pick up some gems and really only one AAA game release from this year, should I choose:
- Civ VI
- Total War Warhammer
- Stellaris

Stellaris would get my vote, though I've had lots of fun with all three. It's not as mechanically complex as other Paradox games yet, though, so don't expect that.

Granjinha

- Civ VI
- Total War Warhammer
- Stellaris

Which style you prefer? Turn based? Real time?

I think Stellaris is the worst of those three. My favorite one is Total Warhammer, but honestly, all of them are pretty good.

Stellaris would get my vote, though I've had lots of fun with all three. It's not as mechanically complex as other Paradox games yet, though, so don't expect that.

Which style you prefer? Turn based? Real time?

I think Stellaris is the worst of those three. My favorite one is Total Warhammer, but honestly, all of them are pretty good.

I've played the Civ's so I get the gist there. I enjoy them, but I'd probably lean toward waiting til next summer on that one and see how far it comes down.

I only recently saw TW Warhammer and saw the praise for it on here, so it's piqued my interest. I have a few of the TW games but I haven't spent a lot of time on them. I like a good RTS though, despite the fact I usually suck at them.

Don't know enough about Stellaris, and I actually have Sins of the Solar Empire in my library but haven't done much with it but play the tutorial. Are they similar (ie, RTS in space?).

I think I'd lean toward TW, but it sounds like the DLC might make it a more complete game, so it's likely even with a sale it might be north of $50 for the game + DLC.

Hmmm.

Granjinha

I've played the Civ's so I get the gist there. I enjoy them, but I'd probably lean toward waiting til next summer on that one and see how far it comes down.

I only recently saw TW Warhammer and saw the praise for it on here, so it's piqued my interest. I have a few of the TW games but I haven't spent a lot of time on them. I like a good RTS though, despite the fact I usually suck at them.

Don't know enough about Stellaris, and I actually have Sins of the Solar Empire in my library but haven't done much with it but play the tutorial. Are they similar (ie, RTS in space?).

I think I'd lean toward TW, but it sounds like the DLC might make it a more complete game, so it's likely even with a sale it might be north of $50 for the game + DLC.

Hmmm.

About TW and the DLC: They are a bit overpriced but the factions are really great. Completely unique and a lot of replayablity to the game, even changing the campaign.

Also: Even if you don't own the DLC, they appear as your enemies in the campaign. You just can't use them (someone can correct me if i'm wrong)

Honestly, i have about 60 hours in the game and i only played two factions. Even without the DLC it's completely worth it. Even being overpriced, i do think they are worth it too, though.

It's also the most accessible Total War game to date (the best one, too.)

Anno

Hmmm.

Stellaris is an RTS in space, but one focused much more on exploration, diplomacy and storytelling than outright combat. There's plenty of combat to be had if you want but I much prefer investigating space anomalies and reading the events they produce, managing diplomatic relations with my neighbors and galactic power players.

TW is definitely worth it even without the DLC. Tons on content in just the base game and it's a lot of fun.

Rhaknar

Message Quest was pretty fucking cute alright.

more like this pls

gelf

The only people who think SEGA is bailing on PC haven't payed attention to Sega in years.

I doubt anyone thinks Sega is bailing on PC, they have very a strong presence on the system with strategy games in particular. We just fear them giving up on porting the classic console games. Of the Japanese publishers who have a Steam presence they are the most anaemic at porting classics right now..

Rhaknar

A Bird Story is short and cool right?

and ditto for The Silent Age?

About TW and the DLC: They are a bit overpriced but the factions are really great. Completely unique and a lot of replayablity to the game, even changing the campaign.

Also: Even if you don't own the DLC, they appear as your enemies in the campaign. You just can't use them (someone can correct me if i'm wrong)

Honestly, i have about 60 hours in the game and i only played two factions. Even without the DLC it's completely worth it. Even being overpriced, i do think they are worth it too, though.

It's also the most accessible Total War game to date (the best one, too.)

Stellaris is an RTS in space, but one focused much more on exploration, diplomacy and storytelling than outright combat. There's plenty of combat to be had if you want but I much prefer investigating space anomalies and reading the events they produce, managing diplomatic relations with my neighbors and galactic power players.

TW is definitely worth it even without the DLC. Tons on content in just the base game and it's a lot of fun.

Thank you for these responses! I'll wait to see what the Seal brings. Think I'll lean toward TW and hope there's a decent deal on it!

Parsnip

Played through Firewatch, game 35 for this year.

It's a well told story and the dialogue between H and D is excellent for the most part. What's bit of a bummer is that while Henry's relationship with Delilah chances with your dialogue choices, none of it matters in the end. The big beats of the story are set in stone as is the eventual conclusion to their relationship.
The story itself, well, I guess I was expecting something else with the way it was building, only to be a little disappointed by the reveal. That's not to say that it was a bad story, but I guess it felt a little obvious in the end.

Now I still have Superhot left of this years short games I need to play before goty time. Unless I can think of anything else that I own already.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Regular Steam client:
- Click game name
- "You have 9 friends who play"
- Click view all friends who play game
- Click friend
- You have arrived at a page comparing your stats with your friend's stats in the game, so you can see who is further, when they played it, if they are a scrub. For example, zkylon has played 12 hours of Hitman Go and has a puny 3 achievements.

Steam Big Picture
- Enter game name
- "You have 9 friends who play"
- Enter view all friends who play game
- Select friend
- You have arrived at the friend's bio page with no way to know how much of the game they've played

cool cool cool, glad that horizontal no manager employment structure is working out for Steam.

Tapejara

Ninja Turtles reaches its lowest price before possible removal.

He asked me about that yesterday... and still hasn't bought it. Tsk, tsk!

You guys think removal is that likely? $29.99CAD is a bit higher than I would like to pay, but if it's likely the game's getting removed I'll definitely grab it.

Also, Activision's Transformers games are all on sale too. Coincidence, or likely they'll be delisted as well?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You guys think removal is that likely? $29.99CAD is a bit higher than I would like to pay, but if it's likely the game's getting removed I'll definitely grab it.

Also, Activision's Transformers games are all on sale too. Coincidence, or likely they'll be delisted as well?

Always assume the worst when it comes to Acti's licensed stuff. My go-to example is that the Bond games disappeared in January 2013 even though the contract wasn't due to expire until the end of 2014.

Volimar

are the Elder Scrolls series known to be progressive towards LGBT people? Ive noticed there are quite a few gay characters in ESO, well at least lesbian characters (baby steps?), but they dont make a big deal out of it, a female character will just casually say her wife needs help or something, which I apreciate.

One of the big characters in the Thieves Guild DLC for example (and also the best character in the dlc) has a whole questline about her girlfriend.

Like I said, there doesnt seem to be any male gay characters (at least that Ive seen) but a little is better than nothing, I guess?

I'm almost positive that there are male gay characters as well. At least one I definitely remember. Back in Skyrim male and female characters could marry both male and female NPCs.

Tapejara

Always assume the worst when it comes to Acti's licensed stuff. My go-to example is that the Bond games disappeared in January 2013 even though the contract wasn't due to the expire until the end of 2014.

Good to know. I might as well grab TMNT then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom