• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaleinc

Banned
Those games were never rumored/leaked though...? It was always going to be the 7 free games and then a repeat.
They were on the leaked list

Date Offer

Nov 24 Rayman Classic on Mobile
Nov 25 30% off Ubisoft Games
Nov 26 Exclusive Collection of E3 2016 Cards
Nov 27 Ubi30 Exclusive GIF
Nov 28 For Honor GIFs
Nov 29 Ubi30 360 Image
Nov 30 Just Dance Greeting Card
Dec 1 Ubisoft DIY Advent Calendar
Dec 2 Steep Wallpaper
Dec 3 Exclusive Digital Posters from E3 2016
Dec 4 Rabbids HoliDec Goodies
Dec 5 WWW Wallpaper
Dec 6 Ubisoft Cocktail Recipes
Dec 7 Assassin’s Creed 3 on PC
Dec 8 Ubisoft Wrapping Paper
Dec 9 300 Game Giveaway
Dec 10 Watch_Dogs 2 Wallpaper
Dec 11 Ubisoft Gift Tags
Dec 12 Ubisoft Dessert Recipes
Dec 13 Ghost Recon GIFs
Dec 14 Wallpaper for Mobile
Dec 15 Prince of Persia on PC
Dec 16 Rayman Legends on PC
Dec 17 Splinter Cell on PC
Dec 18 The Crew on PC
Dec 19 Rayman GIF
Dec 20 Steep GIF
Dec 21 Exclusive 2017 Digital HoliDec Cards
Dec 22 Ubi30 Wallpaper
Dec 23 Ubisoft HoliDec Decorations

SteamBros, I got an invite to the For Honor technical test. And while not technically steam related I do have three additional invites I can send to uplay friends. If you're interested in trying it out PM me here with your uplay name. The thing runs from now to the 19th. First come first served if anyone is even interested and all that jazz.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
played one hour of Flame in the Flood, its just as good as I expected (hoped?).

Doing ok on supplies, even if a bad encounter with a wild boar broke 2 bones and gave me a bad laceration which I had to use almost all my medical supplies to heal. A later encounter with a wolf went much better since I had built a spear trap. Made some new clothing to keep myself warm, made me a knife and a hammer, got me some raft upgrade parts, and me and my dog keep trucking down the rapids looking for...something? Actually quest wise we're looking for high ground for a radio signal.

Met some wild kids, they spoke funny. Gave me a rabbit snare, that was nice of them. Caught a rabbit and ate it but it was bad, gave me parasites, not so nice. Made some gloves out of its pelt tho at least. Desperatly need more inventory slots. So yeah, I totally see the appeal of survival games, they just had to wrap it around a package that appealed to me, which this is.

Also the soundtrack is fantastic. And so is the art style. Y'all were fucking tripping balls when you dismissed it in last month's Humble Monthly. Not enough anime in it for Steamgaf I guess.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Since Flame in the Flood is full of this type of music (country? country rock? spece trucker music? whatever its called), let me remind you peasants about the greatest videogame theme ever created.

djgtu52.gif

edit: also now I feel like playing Rebel Galaxy again

So, how is War for the Overworld these days? I remember it being a bit buggy on release so I skipped it (and forgot all about it...). Has it been patched up real nice?

They were on the leaked list

Date Offer

Nov 24 Rayman Classic on Mobile
Nov 25 30% off Ubisoft Games
Nov 26 Exclusive Collection of E3 2016 Cards
Nov 27 Ubi30 Exclusive GIF
Nov 28 For Honor GIFs
Nov 29 Ubi30 360 Image
Nov 30 Just Dance Greeting Card
Dec 1 Ubisoft DIY Advent Calendar
Dec 2 Steep Wallpaper
Dec 3 Exclusive Digital Posters from E3 2016
Dec 4 Rabbids HoliDec Goodies
Dec 5 WWW Wallpaper
Dec 6 Ubisoft Cocktail Recipes
Dec 7 Assassin’s Creed 3 on PC
Dec 8 Ubisoft Wrapping Paper
Dec 9 300 Game Giveaway
Dec 10 Watch_Dogs 2 Wallpaper
Dec 11 Ubisoft Gift Tags
Dec 12 Ubisoft Dessert Recipes
Dec 13 Ghost Recon GIFs
Dec 14 Wallpaper for Mobile
Dec 15 Prince of Persia on PC
Dec 16 Rayman Legends on PC
Dec 17 Splinter Cell on PC
Dec 18 The Crew on PC
Dec 19 Rayman GIF
Dec 20 Steep GIF
Dec 21 Exclusive 2017 Digital HoliDec Cards
Dec 22 Ubi30 Wallpaper
Dec 23 Ubisoft HoliDec Decorations

gonna guess there were errors made on that list then...because if there were going to be more than 1 new game added to the list for December (ACIII) they would have already said so and had spaces set up for them...it was always those 7 games

Rhaknar

the 2017 GOTY ladies and gentlemen.

Because Mahvel will get delayed to 2018

edit: lolwhut, no star wars weekend deals. Im actually shocked for realsies. Hearts of Iron IV 33% off and Dead by Daylight 30% off are the weekend deals. Dead by Daylight is also free for the weekend

Since Flame in the Flood is full of this type of music (country? country rock? spece trucker music? whatever its called), let me remind you peasants about the greatest videogame theme ever created.

http://i.imgur.com/djgtu52.gif[/IMG

edit: also now I feel like playing Rebel Galaxy again[/QUOTE]

Chuck Ragan is folk punk primarily. It leans more toward roots music than the orchestral elements of his Flame in the Flood stuff.

There's this whole thing where the frontmen of killer punk/hardcore bands got older, dropped everything but an acoustic guitar, and went full-on roots. Ragan, Tim Barry, Kevin Seconds...

Some newer youngin front-people joined in, too. There's a lot of that if you feel like going down that rabbit hole.

After TLG, performance just does not seem to matter to reviewers across the board. Sadly.

Hopefully they'll patch in new texture options so it can be turned low enough for core i5's to run at a stable 60fps.

You know what performed liked butter and looked amazing?
header.jpg

You know what looked amazing and had solid performance?
header.jpg

Let's not forget this gem, which was an MT Framworks title and was a blast
header.jpg

All 3 of these are easy contenders for GOTY that actually perform well. IDTech 5 was a mistake and should never be used again.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Everyone worried about PCGamer's pick for GOTY: try to remember that the real GOTY pick doesn't happen until January. Right here.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
And for that we are thankful eternally

unless some anime trash wins GOTY then we riot

I'll be surprised if the three games posted immediately above my last post don't crack the top 10 here. And I'll also be surprised if Dishonored 2 does.

jshackles

people will make Skyrim theit goty as usual

Not on my watch, SteamGAF deserves better

It's actually not eligible because it's a remaster of an existing Steam game

Grief.exe

Nah. There was a bundle for around $6.

played one hour of Flame in the Flood, its just as good as I expected (hoped?).

Doing ok on supplies, even if a bad encounter with a wild boar broke 2 bones and gave me a bad laceration which I had to use almost all my medical supplies to heal. A later encounter with a wolf went much better since I had built a spear trap. Made some new clothing to keep myself warm, made me a knife and a hammer, got me some raft upgrade parts, and me and my dog keep trucking down the rapids looking for...something? Actually quest wise we're looking for high ground for a radio signal.

Met some wild kids, they spoke funny. Gave me a rabbit snare, that was nice of them. Caught a rabbit and ate it but it was bad, gave me parasites, not so nice. Made some gloves out of its pelt tho at least. Desperatly need more inventory slots. So yeah, I totally see the appeal of survival games, they just had to wrap it around a package that appealed to me, which this is.

Also the soundtrack is fantastic. And so is the art style. Y'all were fucking tripping balls when you dismissed it in last month's Humble Monthly. Not enough anime in it for Steamgaf I guess.

Sounds like my kind of game too. Love Roguelikes.

Everyone worried about PCGamer's pick for GOTY: try to remember that the real GOTY pick doesn't happen until January. Right here.

Waiting in vain for Factorio and Rimworld to get a full release by the end of the month.

I'll be surprised if the three games posted immediately above my last post don't crack the top 10 here. And I'll also be surprised if Dishonored 2 does.
The only anime game that belongs in the top 10:
header.jpg

Deus Ex had better.

That game has been overly criticised for rather little imo
618.gif

Preach. Yes the microtransactions suck but I honestly didn't know they were there until after people made a fuss. You have to go look for them to complain. Oh, and the preorder bonuses really sucked. Other than that? A massive improvement over Human Revolution in every way, barring the story.

Rhaknar

Holy crap! The game hasn't even been out for a month and it already has over 6000 reviews.

Jason from Giantbomb was shilling hard for it on this week's bombcast, but he's a stylish action game fanboy

Rhaknar

The Division is also a weekend deal, 50% (still too much), and its also a free weekend

edit: and yes after restarting I also got a giftable Minion Masters

jshackles

Steins;Gate would be eligible for SteamGAF's GOTY right?

Looks like it, yeah. It's a game that came out on Steam in 2016 that isn't DLC and isn't a remaster of an existing Steam game.

Grief.exe

Classic Sierra Bundle -91% (Complete The Set)

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/2249/

Warning: You'll ("permanently"?) miss epilogue for new King's Quest if you don't own that.

I've heard the Cleopatra and Zeus games are classic city-builder games. I've never played them, but they look similar to Banished where you don't directly order people to work, but set their jobs and the direction you would like the economy to take.

That bundle also includes Time Shift which is always slippery to nail down at a good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom