• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Uzzy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Uzzy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Guilty Gear Xrd REVELATOR -- MB-F5F622AA6E05D68B - Taken by KainXVIII. 68 entrants total.

t1481840493z1.png

Knurek

To get that Sierra bundle on Steam, or not to get that Sierra bundle.
On one hand, Steam versions are easier to play with Steam Controller, and it should be an amazing fit with all those Sierra adventure games.
On the other, I already have all of them on GOG...
Decisions, decisions...

rtcn63

its a much better single player game than Dead Island, like what the actual fuck

They definitely share DNA. Although I believe Dead Island does loot better- in Dying Light, assault rifles are all you really need. Rarity in general doesn't mean much.

madjoki

Hmm, I don't think that's accurate, but admittedly I may be misremembering as Free Weekends generally don't apply to me.

Edit: Oh, right, there are a couple of FWs going on at the moment. Perfect time to test using my alt. account. I don't care whether I'm right or wrong, to be clear, though I've no qualms with expressing humility; it'll just be useful to know for certain whether or not I need to mention Free Weekends when the issue pops up again in the future. Better a thorough understanding than a partial one.

I got curious some time ago and that is conclusion I came to. Both of these messages are actually handled by same part of code and leads to same place, which is why they appear same. (SteamUI.dll / CMarketingController)

Actual default urls are defined in url_list.txt (can be overridden by sub)

Code:
SubscriptionExpired
{
	url "http://storefront.steampowered.com/v/index.php?gpdata=gift,expire,%p1%,%p2%"
	method	"internal"
}

QuitGuestPass
{
	url "http://storefront.steampowered.com/v/index.php?gpdata=gift,onquit,%p1%,%p2%"
	method	"internal"
}

GrantGuestPass
{
	url "http://storefront.steampowered.com/v/index.php?gpdata=gift,new,%p1%"
	method	"internal"
}

Feel free test yourself too, of course.

That Sierra bundle would be awesome if it didn't include the individual King's Quest episodes. I want the game but I want the complete collection so I can get the epilogue.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Minion Masters -- MB-09CA73E023C4CE6F - Taken by darkpathwalker92

Enjoy.

Jawmuncher

Dying Light to me felt like a dead island sequel in all the right ways. Took a lot of the elements from it and improved on all of them.

derFeef

Dying Light to me felt like a dead island sequel in all the right ways. Took a lot of the elements from it and improved on all of them.

Dying Light was way worse than Dead Island. I am pretty alone with that opinion, but as a Dead Island fan that game was a bummer.

Ludens

Banned
Lara Croft Go and DQH are possible candidates but the other 2... I don't think so (I wish Rise was there but I'm not hopeful).

Probably they will give away Hitman Go (I already own that sadly(, but JC3 and Rise have both season passes to sell, so maybe there's a chance.

Wok

SHENZHEN Solitaire is out and it is NOT offered to owners of SHENZHEN I/O...

I'm disappointed, Zach.

The message is misleading: of course, the solitaire game is part of SHENZHEN I/O, but what if I want a +1, additional cheevos (albeit duplicate of the cheevos of the original game), or to play Solitaire without downloading the full game...

4xchg7c.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Personally, I'm hoping that I am Setsuna gets a sizable discount this holiday sale because I'd like to see more people able to enjoy the game. I really enjoyed that game, especially the music.

The two biggest complaints I've seen about it have been the price and the fact that the game takes place in mostly snowy environments. Obviously if the game is on sale that eliminates the price issue, and personally I think the game's winter aesthetic works well for this time of year for those of us in the northern hemisphere.

The game is pretty short for a JRPG (about 15-20 hours) so it's hard to recommend the game for $40 at full price. Personally I'm hoping it'll go down to $19.99 since that seems to be a lot of people's sweet spot for a game like this - and for $20 I would certainly recommend it. It also warms my heart to see all of those mostly and very positive reviews on Steam.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Personally, I'm hoping that I am Setsuna gets a sizable discount this holiday sale because I'd like to see more people able to enjoy the game. I really enjoyed that game, especially the music.

The two biggest complaints I've seen about it have been the price and the fact that the game takes place in mostly snowy environments. Obviously if the game is on sale that eliminates the price issue, and personally I think the game's winter aesthetic works well for this time of year for those of us in the northern hemisphere.

The game is pretty short for a JRPG (about 15-20 hours) so it's hard to recommend the game for $40 at full price. Personally I'm hoping it'll go down to $19.99 since that seems to be a lot of people's sweet spot for a game like this - and for $20 I would certainly recommend it. It also warms my heart to see all of those mostly and very positive reviews on Steam.

Its 35% on the SE store ao thats most likely what you will get

bbd23

thats a plus for me! I completely forgot about this one even though watching videos leading up to the release had me pretty hyped for it. Def will pick it up if theres a decent sale.

deejay

Just finished Batman Telltale and wow! I might just rank it as the second best title of their portfolio (that I've played). Ending definitely hinted at a next season being planned which will be interesting. It seems to rustle the jimmies of some hardcore fans but as a casual fan of Batman I felt really entertained throughout the whole season.

They also finally managed to fix the Xbox controller controls in one of the last title updates which made the finale oh so much more comforting.

I definitely recommend to pick this one up if you're into their thing. It looked absolutely gorgeous at 4K too and aside from the odd framerate drop in the bat cave, ran at a stable 60fps too.

Excited for TWD s03 but I might just wait a little bit before picking it up. Also, TellTale: Where's wolf among us s02??

Did we play the same game? I literally just finished episode 4 and it's boring as fuck. Sure, you're allowed to have your own opinion, but the villains are very simplistic caricatures, with not one character standing out. They're all very, very generic, designwise.
As for the Xbox controller; near the end of the episode you're required to press two buttons (Right Trigger and another button) and where everywhere else in the game it allows you to press the Right Bumper this doesn't work for this specific combination. It's been in every episode so far and I have to switch to my keyboard in order to proceed. It's ridiculous. This is something that should've been working right from the start. But Game Of Thrones and Minecraft had it as well. Suppose it's too much effort for them to fix it. Tomorrow I'll finish the last episode and then I'll be mighty glad to finally be able to throw it off my HDD.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't know who Jason is, but I do know that his shilling was warranted.

Jason Oestreicher, the most neogaf-like of the crew, he's all about weird japanese shit like Monster Hunter, God Eater, Anime Fighting games, and as I said, stylish character action games.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Bought the dang Sierra bundle with some turd card money. Not because I really want it but I've been trying to mirror my GOG purchases over to Steam whenever possible and it ended up being $3.40 for me, so I treated it more like it was the Humble Sierra Bundle December 2016 edition.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Its 35% on the SE store ao thats most likely what you will get

Such a shame. It would be such a wasted opportunity for them. Personally, everyone I know that hasn't played the game has given the "it's too expensive for what it is" excuse.

It will definitely be in my top 5 Steam games list for the GOTY voting though.

Bought the dang Sierra bundle with some turd card money. Not because I really want it but I've been trying to mirror my GOG purchases over to Steam whenever possible and it ended up being $3.40 for me, so I treated it more like it was the Humble Sierra Bundle December 2016 edition.

Or a reverse GOG Connect, if you will

Rhaknar

Remember whe I said I wasnt gonna talk about ESO anymore? I lied, because yooooooooooooooo being a werewolf is too much fun. Just did a full delve (instanced dungeon areas usually with a quest or at least a boss inside) constantly in werewolf form, pouncing from group to group, and it was awesome (iWW form only lasts 30 seconds usually but you can extend it from eating corpses or from other passives like every 5 seconds a few seconds are added if you take damage and shit like that)

It also shits all over being a vampire (my other character is a vampire), much like real fiction I guess.

tenor.gif

Volimar gets me

Pakkidis

SWAT 1 is now on Steam which reminds me that someone needs to get around to put out SWAT 4 on Steam/GOG with working multiplayer.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/560350/?

Swat 1 was the stuff of nightmares when it was on 4/5 CD's. Here is how the game played out back then.

Insert CD 1, play training, accept mission.
Insert CD 2, play mission and fail...Insert CD 1...accept mission.
Insert CD 2, play mission and fail...Insert CD 1...accept mission etc..

Yeah it was awful.

Classic Sierra Bundle -91% (Complete The Set)

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/2249/

Warning: You'll ("permanently"?) miss epilogue for new King's Quest if you don't own that.

Too much double dipping for me. I've played all the Space Quests, all the Police Quests, 3 1/2 of the Quests for Glory (couldn't get through 3, didn't play 5) and I've got the KQ collection on Steam already (I've only ever played VI and some of II.)

Otherwise that's a terrific price.

Edit: Oh geez, just looked at it while logged in, and it discounted the price of the stuff I have on Steam, so it's even cheaper...still double dipping but hrnnnngh this is a tough choice. :(

Volimar

Remember whe I said I wasnt gonna talk about ESO anymore? I lied, because yooooooooooooooo being a werewolf is too much fun. Just did a full delve (instanced dungeon areas usually with a quest or at least a boss inside) constantly in werewolf form, pouncing from group to group, and it was awesome (iWW form only lasts 30 seconds usually but you can extend it from eating corpses or from other passives like every 5 seconds a few seconds are added if you take damage and shit like that)

It also shits all over being a vampire (my other character is a vampire), much like real fiction I guess.

tenor.gif

Volimar gets me

I've never gotten bit by either vamp or werewolf tho...

Jawmuncher

Are the sierra games going to be delisted? Is that why they are on special?

Activision owns sierra, so I don't see how they'd be delisted. I think it's them finally coming to terms that people want them, but aren't gonna spend outrageous amounts on them .

tenor.gif

Volimar gets me
zomg

You can be a WEREWOLF?! SOLD

What discount will ESO hit during the seal?

jshackles

I'm hoping it goes back down to $29.99 for the gold edition - would like to buy a copy for my son

I just noticed a "Curators Say" section, that's interesting. Sensible. Don't remember seeing it previously for anything.
I'm hoping it goes back down to $29.99 for the gold edition - would like to buy a copy for my son
So $40 Canadian, probably.

And, uh, is the Gold Edition the one with everything? (I know y'all explained it a while back, but.... my memory's not that long.)

Rhaknar

zomg

You can be a WEREWOLF?! SOLD

if its the same as last time, it will be 50% for the gold edition ($30), 66% for the normal ($10). Gold has everything except the latest dlc, which is actually the cheapest because it doesnt add any zone, it just adds 2 dungeons

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Game Royale 2 - The Secret of Jannis Island

I think this is the first German-only video game on Steam. I've seen Chinese-only, Japanese-only, I think one Portuguese-only, but never German-only.

well its kinda a in joke game produced by a popular german satire TV show, most non germans would probably be lost anyway :p

kinda strange to see this on steam... wonder if it will be free like the first one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom