• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wish crowns would go on sale, or the guts and glory pack.

they did go on sale, the 5500 crown bundle was 40% off

it was my only sale purchase lol

unless you mean in the ESO store inside the game

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just noticed a "Curators Say" section, that's interesting. Sensible. Don't remember seeing it previously for anything.

So $40 Canadian, probably.

And, uh, is the Gold Edition the one with everything? (I know y'all explained it a while back, but.... my memory's not that long.)

The Gold Edition probably adds 20-30 hours (at a minimum) to the base game per DLC and there are four of them included. It also adds a huge amount of extra variety to the game - almost everyone that opted for the $10 base game last time was disappointed they didn't buy the gold edition when it was on sale. You can upgrade to the gold edition later by purchasing the "DLC pack" from the in-game crown store for about $25 when crowns are on sale, otherwise it's $40 to upgrade.

Definitely worth getting the gold edition in my opinion.

Regginator

Deus Ex had better.

That game has been overly criticised for rather little imo

I wouldn't call "story literally cut in half" as something rather little, especially in a series that is known for a meaty main story.

It's what has blemished Mankind Divided. It should have been an amazing game (nay, an amazing Deus Ex) but it ended up being a good game with great gameplay and visuals, but half of a forgettable story.

Speaking of Doom, Lovely Planet Arcade is like Doom
not really
but cuter and puzzlier

it's a bit easier than the first game because it removes vertical aiming and places a stronger emphasis on puzzles than speed/movement/aiming

Teggy

Personally, I'm hoping that I am Setsuna gets a sizable discount this holiday sale because I'd like to see more people able to enjoy the game. I really enjoyed that game, especially the music.

The two biggest complaints I've seen about it have been the price and the fact that the game takes place in mostly snowy environments. Obviously if the game is on sale that eliminates the price issue, and personally I think the game's winter aesthetic works well for this time of year for those of us in the northern hemisphere.

The game is pretty short for a JRPG (about 15-20 hours) so it's hard to recommend the game for $40 at full price. Personally I'm hoping it'll go down to $19.99 since that seems to be a lot of people's sweet spot for a game like this - and for $20 I would certainly recommend it. It also warms my heart to see all of those mostly and very positive reviews on Steam.

Sucks that they didn't localize the vita version.

Volimar

YXUyOav.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sucks that they didn't localize the vita version.

Good thing fans have picked up the slack

(A vita translation was released a few days ago for Vita users on 3.60 with homebrew access. It uses the PC version's script.)

The Matrix meets Inception in this Marvel moneymaker.

[Jeopardy music]
if its the same as last time, it will be 50% for the gold edition ($30), 66% for the normal ($10). Gold has everything except the latest dlc, which is actually the cheapest because it doesnt add any zone, it just adds 2 dungeons

The Gold Edition probably adds 20-30 hours (at a minimum) to the base game per DLC and there are four of them included. It also adds a huge amount of extra variety to the game - almost everyone that opted for the $10 base game last time was disappointed they didn't buy the gold edition when it was on sale. You can upgrade to the gold edition later by purchasing the "DLC pack" from the in-game crown store for about $25 when crowns are on sale, otherwise it's $40 to upgrade.

Definitely worth getting the gold edition in my opinion.

Thanks.

I didn't realise I was such a sap for certain gameplay elements, but here we are.

Heads up for anyone excited to play HOARD: I couldn't get it to run once I upgraded to Windows 8. I kind of doubt that it has gotten any better since then.

Want to buy God Eater 2 and the Dark Souls 2 Season Pass on the 3 games for $30 deal on Bandai Namco, are the keys on the deal region locked to North America? Or will the keys have no problem registering in the UK.

Ozium

Personally, I'm hoping that I am Setsuna gets a sizable discount this holiday sale because I'd like to see more people able to enjoy the game. I really enjoyed that game, especially the music.

The two biggest complaints I've seen about it have been the price and the fact that the game takes place in mostly snowy environments. Obviously if the game is on sale that eliminates the price issue, and personally I think the game's winter aesthetic works well for this time of year for those of us in the northern hemisphere.

The game is pretty short for a JRPG (about 15-20 hours) so it's hard to recommend the game for $40 at full price. Personally I'm hoping it'll go down to $19.99 since that seems to be a lot of people's sweet spot for a game like this - and for $20 I would certainly recommend it. It also warms my heart to see all of those mostly and very positive reviews on Steam.

I am Setsuna in the squeenix gift box confirmed?

Teggy

Good thing fans have picked up the slack

(A vita translation was released a few days ago for Vita users on 3.60 with homebrew access. It uses the PC version's script.)

My backlog is too big to worry about home brew.

Maybe if the price is right I'll play it on <sigh> Steam.

voodooray

Ugh this Ginso level in Ori. Fuuuuuuuuuuu

Its a nightmare at first, but once you learn the layout, you'll know what to do. Hope you have a generous amount of life and souls before you started, otherwise you might be struggling :)

Watched someone take an hour to beat this level, and it almost killed her :)

If all else fails, just lower the difficulty. The whole game is a work of art, and made me replay both the remastered version, and original last week. Good luck!

Phox

Banned
I mean... I apreciate the generosity but... Couldn't you spread it between several giveaways? Looking for something there was nearly impossible.
All you had to do was ctrl+ F dark souls 3 and boom

Also my eyes jump to the game called breast battles then darted away when I realized it was actually beast battles :(

Annubis

All you had to do was ctrl+ F dark souls 3 and boom

Also my eyes jump to the game called breast battles then darted away when I realized it was actually beast battles :(

Did you read that new popular book "Fantastic Breasts And Where To Find Them" ?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I mean... I apreciate the generosity but... Couldn't you spread it between several giveaways? Looking for something there was nearly impossible.

Honestly I've wanted to go back and fix ModBot's ordering for a while now. The default Python dict data structure is unordered so stuff doesn't come out in any sensible order. I might make it HOT first, regular second, non-Steam third, turd fourth, A-Z within each category. This would also ensure that in a giveaway with some good stuff and a bunch of crap, the banner images are the good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom