• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganado

For anyone that wants to get in on GS deals like the removed games (Riddick, Universe at War, Adventure Time) or Hitman for 15 bucks but doesn't live in the US, you can still buy giftcards and use them to buy the games.

Javier23

Banned
I'm thinking about getting one game for my winter game, Hitman and Deus Ex are front runners, but I'm undecided at this point.

nsr.gif
Hitman's definitely the more ambitious of the two. Mankind Divided doesn't deviate too much from the HR formula, which as a fan of the original (see avatar) is very disappointing, specially after both Dishonored.

Just completed Ori Definitve Edition. All the new additions were much appreciated and it got rid of my only real point of criticism: you're now able to backtrack to the areas that were one-time only in the original. Much appreciated.
New abilities were cool too. Air dash is awesome.

And boy, still can't believe how beautiful the game is and its soundtrack.

Now I'm ready for the sale. Or the next humble bundle. Whichever comes first :p

Ori DE is definitely on my GOTY 2016 short list

zkylon

zkylewd
idk about value proposition from hitman

i feel like a lot of the value of hitman came from buying it day 1 and going through that content as it released, instead of having it all available to you at once

like i just played all the missions once, then replayed paris and hokkaido once or twice, played an elusive target and some of the escalations, but i never felt the urge to replay these missions cos there was always something new. the idea of replaying these missions to do the laundry list of side objectives sounds super tedious in an ass creed kind of way and i enjoy hitman the most when it's just being goofy and playing with ai

i reckon it might feel different if you just have sapienza for like two months, or whatever

I just want the prince of persia games for 2.5bucks each ):
like sands of time and stuff?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Just get it during winter seal. Assuming you won't be spending Steam credit, a few traders could offer you a cheap copy :X

EDIT: Man this Final mission in Ch. 4 is irritating I manage to make it close to the goal but I get taken out by then :/

Im using steam credit so wont be dealing with traders.

Mankind Divided was surprisingly great - particularly if you are a fan of the original Deus Ex and like to dig into all the emails and data stuff, which connects lots of things together gradually. I went into the game assuming it was terrible with the poop ending, but turns out the knowledge of that was what really made it a non-issue once I finished the game. Very happy with it, though I do yearn for more.

It really is a treat for fans of the first game. HLTB says the critical path is about 14 hours but I spent 45 just exploring the world and reading all the emails and stuff. One small touch I really loved happens when you visit Golem city. There's a section over there which acts as a marketplace and there are radios in a couple of places playing Synapse which was one of my favorite bits of music from Deus Ex 1. What made it better was that this was the music that plays when you visit the Hong Kong market in that game. So, wandering around the Golem City market with Synapse playing on the radio is just enough to remind you of the first game if you still remember that bit.

The game has an abrupt ending for sure but it's not left unfinished or hanging in any significant way (well other than the fact that conspiracy theory stories will never let you reach the end. See any X-Files episode). I also wish it had a few more exotic locations to visit but in the end it was a fine game and I'm really not sure how it managed to get itself such a bad reputation.

idk about value proposition from hitman

i feel like a lot of the value of hitman came from buying it day 1 and going through that content as it released, instead of having it all available to you at once

like i just played all the missions once, then replayed paris and hokkaido once or twice, played an elusive target and some of the escalations, but i never felt the urge to replay these missions cos there was always something new. the idea of replaying these missions to do the laundry list of side objectives sounds super tedious in an ass creed kind of way and i enjoy hitman the most when it's just being goofy and playing with ai

i reckon it might feel different if you just have sapienza for like two months, or whatever

I certainly wouldn't describe the side stuff as tedious. Thery're more like little puzzles that teach you different mechanics and possibilities of how you can go about finishing tasks which you can then go back and apply to other missions. They also take you past character interactions and stuff that you may have missed whilst doing the main mission which are usually entertaining or have little easter eggs to the larger plot.

I would agree that this certainly fits well to the episodic nature of the release since you won't be tempted to move straight on to the next location and then miss out on all that stuff.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Saints Row 2 -- MB-A67513FA4E23273F - Taken by Goldensun_it

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

HITMAN INTRO PACK -- MB-3D9138A1F9DC5949 - Taken by Dessart. 21 entrants total.
TOMB RAIDER UNDERWORLD -- MB-AFE9D156D48D97CD - Taken by Valxal. 6 entrants total.

t1482265640z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Benedict

So the Yogcast bundle has games that won't be available to all the customers that pays for the bundle?
This must be one of HB lowest moments. What a shit move.
Glad I didn't buy that PoS bundle.
That new buyers of the bundle won't get all games will probably, hopefully, not work in their favour.

Tizoc

So the Yogcast bundle has games that won't be available to all the customers that pays for the bundle?
This must be one of HB lowest moments. What a shit move.
Glad I didn't buy that PoS bundle and that new buyers of the bundle won't get all games will probably, hopefully, not work in their favour.

ALL The proceeds from the bundle go to charity.
If anything it's the pubs who gave away the keys, so some of them only gave 50k Keys only.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah, I have sands of time on uplay but still need to play warrior within
isn't that the poopy one?

It really is a treat for fans of the first game. HLTB says the critical path is about 14 hours but I spent 45 just exploring the world and reading all the emails and stuff. One small touch I really loved happens when you visit Golem city. There's a section over there which acts as a marketplace and there are radios in a couple of places playing Synapse which was one of my favorite bits of music from Deus Ex 1. What made it better was that this was the music that plays when you visit the Hong Kong market in that game. So, wandering around the Golem City market with Synapse playing on the radio is just enough to remind you of the first game if you still remember that bit.

The game has an abrupt ending for sure but it's not left unfinished or hanging in any significant way (well other than the fact that conspiracy theory stories will never let you reach the end. See any X-Files episode). I also wish it had a few more exotic locations to visit but in the end it was a fine game and I'm really not sure how it managed to get itself such a bad reputation.
dam that sounds dope

i hope it gets to $20 somewhere :I

I certainly wouldn't describe the side stuff as tedious. Thery're more like little puzzles that teach you different mechanics and possibilities of how you can go about finishing tasks which you can then go back and apply to other missions. They also take you past character interactions and stuff that you may have missed whilst doing the main mission which are usually entertaining or have little easter eggs to the larger plot.

I would agree that this certainly fits well to the episodic nature of the release since you won't be tempted to move straight on to the next location and then miss out on all that stuff.
i feel like the opportunities are fine but really difficult to pull off without map markers and with map markers you just feel like you're going through the motions

i should replay sapienza at least, that map is great

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Any chances of FFXIII-2 on sale for 6$? been craving for that lately...

It would basically have to be a repeat of the price error that happened on the Square store awhile back, so probably not all that likely. Maybe not impossible, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

yuraya

So Michael Pachter predicted there will be no new Half-Life game next year....

This is it SteamGAF

This

is

it

Hold on to your butts

Tizoc

Darksiders 1 complete.
That last scene always give s me chills.

Hopefully after Battle Chasers releases they'll start working on a 3rd Darksiders game.
A game that focuses on Strife but with Vanquish inspired gameplay would be ace.

Next up Darkness 2.

Monooboe

Darksiders 1 complete.
That last scene always give s me chills.

Yeah I got chills at the end even when I played the game a second time knowing what was coming, so good. While I really liked Darksiders 2 it nowhere near lived up the hype that the end instilled in one.

MaxiLive

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MaxiLive, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

TOMB RAIDER: UNDERWORLD -- MB-D5A82B3749C0E09D - Taken by Valxal. 2 entrants total.

t1482267370z1.png

Spare from the bundle!

Deques

For anyone that wants to get in on GS deals like the removed games (Riddick, Universe at War, Adventure Time) or Hitman for 15 bucks but doesn't live in the US, you can still buy giftcards and use them to buy the games.
You can buy gift cards outside US?

Doomedfool

First of these Square bundles I have purchased, and I am not unhappy with it. I didn't own a single game in it (somehow), and there's a few I want to try.

My only downside is, I have played a final fantasy game since vii first came out on the pc (close to 20 years ago I think?). Love the idea of play once since it's also been a long time since I have played any jrpg. And this bundle comes with one that is the last game in a trilogy if I am understanding it right. Probably a stupid question, but I am going to want to play the first two before jumping into this one, rt? Guess it is part of their evil plan to make me buy them. :p

Grief.exe

Probably going to bite the bullet on the pop games during the winter sale.

Ubisoft hasn't properly discounted them on years and there is a decent chance of the games being pulled from the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom