• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadGear

If you win WARMACHINE, I'll PM you a DLC code :)

Warmachine Tactics is such a flawed gem. I really ended up loving the games mechanics and it actually got me interested in the tabletop game as well but sadly the singleplayer campaigns presentation, story and overall mission design didn't do it justice. However there is an upcoming free DLC called "Dark Seduction" which will a add a new singleplayer campaign focusing on the Cryx to the game and hopefully that one will turn out to be much better than the No Man's Land campaign. IIRC they are also planing to do a Khador campaign at some point.

iosefe

If i didn't already have Hitman 2016 full experience on ps4 i'd be all in on PC, so here is your chance to do so

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (iosefe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman - Intro Pack -- MB-0672D1448721CA5F - Taken by Xanathus. 14 entrants total.

t1482248572z1.png

Plesiades

Didn't they also do some military simulation stuff, too (like famously Bohemia Interactive do)?

They were licensing the engine. I wonder if those contracts are still in place after it went "free".

This is from 2011: US Army spending $57 million on military simulator using CryEngine 3

And from 2010: Crytek has seven studios, military contracts
“There is a whole industry in serious games, and we have a lot of contracts going on from gas and oil companies, General Electric, all the way to SOCOM.

“We have a lot of military companies working with our technology, in fact. Technologies, simulations, contract work, whatever they need and whatever they want. We have a studio for serious game development. That studio is a subsidiary of Crytek, but it’s not called Crytek. It’s studio number seven — so secret I didn’t even mention it.”

Tizoc

Im contemplating getting Shantae day one but my budget is already set for Winter Sale so who knows what will happen.

Just get it during winter seal. Assuming you won't be spending Steam credit, a few traders could offer you a cheap copy :X

EDIT: Man this Final mission in Ch. 4 is irritating I manage to make it close to the goal but I get taken out by then :/

Anteater

They're alright games that focus more on art style and charming characters than gameplay, which is just passable. The portable roots definitely show with regards to pacing and simplicity.

EDIT: On the positive, they're not exactly cakewalks your first time through.

shantae: Pirates curse is a legit fun platformer/metroidvania imo.

It's not super challenging but everything else was pretty spot on.

Is Shantae: Risky's Revenge Metroidvania (or are they all)? That's the one I have

and wet skin Lara is the best, I love that effect in every game like Uncharted and Dragon's Dogma

Phawx

I didn't own three of the games in the SE box. Honestly much better than I was expecting!

Also, count my vote towards OBS. I use that exclusively when recording/streaming games.

rtcn63

Hitman if you want stealth sandbox with always-online

Deus Ex if you just want to spent 90% of the game hacking terminals for godhood

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Dessart, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dessart, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Killing Floor -- MB-5C01FCD40FF02392 - Taken by D3RANG3D. 1 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock II -- MB-F7CE49DD7CF78F34 - Taken by Accoun. 11 entrants total.
Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-788DFEAE76A48802 - Taken by Lain. 1 entrants total.
The Mean Greens: Plastic Warfare -- MB-887AA6C8AE329C31 - Taken by Phinor. 4 entrants total.
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter -- MB-CF26301D155E47F4 - Taken by Shalashaska. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
WARMACHINE: Tactics -- MB-B9C5ED3D91C73791

t1482255455z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't even know what i want from the sale, i think i want doom just so i can play it before goty stuff

i want dxhr2 but i'm not gonna have time to finish it i bet

Nzyme32

I'm thinking about getting one game for my winter game, Hitman and Deus Ex are front runners, but I'm undecided at this point.

nsr.gif

Mankind Divided was surprisingly great - particularly if you are a fan of the original Deus Ex and like to dig into all the emails and data stuff, which connects lots of things together gradually. I went into the game assuming it was terrible with the poop ending, but turns out the knowledge of that was what really made it a non-issue once I finished the game. Very happy with it, though I do yearn for more.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thinking about getting one game for my winter game, Hitman and Deus Ex are front runners, but I'm undecided at this point.

nsr.gif

I thoroughly enjoyed both of these games.

HITMAN is the value choice in terms of hours of content, but you have to be willing to play though every level many times to see all of the cool stuff.

Deus Ex is a much more story focused game. Apparently, HITMAN has a story, but I couldn't tell you word 1 about it, despite knowing most of the levels like the back of my hand. Dues Ex has a lot of fun mechanics with some fun hacking and shooting along the way. It feels like Human Revolution+ rather than a wholly new game.

Depends what you're looking for, I guess. Or get both and don't make a choice.

Ascheroth

Just completed Ori Definitve Edition. All the new additions were much appreciated and it got rid of my only real point of criticism: you're now able to backtrack to the areas that were one-time only in the original. Much appreciated.
New abilities were cool too. Air dash is awesome.

And boy, still can't believe how beautiful the game is and its soundtrack.

Now I'm ready for the sale. Or the next humble bundle. Whichever comes first :p

Teggy

Mankind Divided was surprisingly great - particularly if you are a fan of the original Deus Ex and like to dig into all the emails and data stuff, which connects lots of things together gradually. I went into the game assuming it was terrible with the poop ending, but turns out the knowledge of that was what really made it a non-issue once I finished the game. Very happy with it, though I do yearn for more.

MD was maybe not as good as HR, but if you liked the first game it is very much worth playing. The exploration and freedom of play style is all there, just set up in a slightly different way. I think the talk of it being half a game is overblown. There is a very clear story and a clear ending, although yes, there is more story to tell. It is still a good 20+ hours of playtime.

The one dumb thing that the game does is give you an early sort of point of no return message. It is not actually close to the end of the game and it is not a point of no return. I kind of get why they did it, but it completely threw off my expectation of where in the game I was. So if you play it, just remember the first point of no return message you get is not really a point of no return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom