• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

You know that part after the invisible bug section where you can chuck a grenade and kill a bunch of cultists for spinels? Apparently if you hit them with a flash grenade, it gives you time to pick them off using whatever munitions you have on you. Not only that, but when they go to run into the hallway that closes behind them, the door will actually shut before any of them makes it through. So they'll just start to come after you.

def sim

I used a guide to get the transferable item in the RE7 demo. I hope the main game doesn't consist of nonsensical or overly obtuse puzzles like the ones found here.

4301452896fa05cc3d19409151f88fd4.jpg

• LIGHTNING RETURNS™: FINAL FANTASY® XIII
  • GOETIA
  • LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER
  • LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER 2
  • HITMAN INTRO PACK
  • HITMAN GO: DEFINITIVE EDITION
  • TOMB RAIDER: UNDERWORLD

wow how much is that? total rip off if its anything more than 5

bbd23

ModBot said:
Instructions for bbd23:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bbd23, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GOETIA -- MB-BE8DB019C1299D78 - Taken by Knurek. 16 entrants total.
HITMAN GO: DEFINITIVE EDITION -- MB-5C219BFCF29E666B - Taken by gabbo. 26 entrants total.
LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER -- MB-ED07824D60F96696 - Taken by Large Professor. 2 entrants total.
LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER 2 -- MB-17223BCAF08EBBF5 - Taken by dimmer. 1 entrants total.
LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII -- MB-AB17930D7CDFEE84 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 24 entrants total.
TOMB RAIDER: UNDERWORLD -- MB-FEB892A801AB4ABE - Taken by KainXVIII. 2 entrants total.

t1482252905z1.png

Javier23

Banned
I used a guide to get the transferable item in the RE7 demo. I hope the main game doesn't consist of nonsensical or overly obtuse puzzles like the ones found here.
Seriously. Not even gonna try to get the item in any case, don't think so. In any case I have no doubts they were just following the PT recipe for a playable teaser. I'm still expecting the game to be basically a great looking classic RE in first person. Incredibly excited about it.

I got lucky big time with a giveaway today so here's me giving away a few small things in return.

Merry Christmas GAF.

First time using ModBot so don't be too harsh on me!

ModBot said:
Instructions for hooijdonk17:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hooijdonk17, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

A Bird Story -- MB-03BAE14746489BD4 - Taken by Purkake4
Commander: Conquest Of The Americas -- MB-680D6BDB4AA59E22 - Taken by voodooray
Defend Your Life -- MB-2C0B4011FC971316 - Taken by gaiadyne
Earth 2150: Lost Souls -- MB-56C24D1FCDCED91C - Taken by GAMEPROFF
Earth 2150: The Moon Project -- MB-74DDB4197AB14660 - Taken by Mackenzie 92
Enclave -- MB-96973D2FBD0C317C - Taken by fifasnipe2224
Gorky 17 -- MB-60DB1EB465F98CF7 - Taken by dimmer
Pressure -- MB-FD076833FAA4DF5E
Stigmat -- MB-F6C25D6BDD34370F - Taken by Hakkelus

No need to thank despite what it says. Cheers!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lightning returns, boo should have bought it. oh well

went shopping for groceries and couldnt resist, got me a steam 50€ gift card, my sale budget.

Anteater

for some reason I only have one shantae game and it never occurred to me to play it, I should give it a try sometime

it's just no one ever talks about it or something

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Im contemplating getting Shantae day one but my budget is already set for Winter Sale so who knows what will happen.

rtcn63

for some reason I only have one shantae game and it never occurred to me to play it, I should give it a try sometime

it's just no one ever talks about it or something

They're alright games that focus more on art style and charming characters than gameplay, which is just passable. The portable roots definitely show with regards to pacing and simplicity.

EDIT: On the positive, they're not exactly cakewalks your first time through.

Lain

1/2 Genie Hero is pretty good despite being a little rough around the edges and on the easy side for experienced players. Definitely made me glad to have backed it.

Plesiades

Merry Christmas!

giphy.gif

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dessart, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Killing Floor -- MB-5C01FCD40FF02392 - Taken by D3RANG3D. 1 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock II -- MB-F7CE49DD7CF78F34 - Taken by Accoun. 11 entrants total.
Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-788DFEAE76A48802 - Taken by Lain. 1 entrants total.
The Mean Greens: Plastic Warfare -- MB-887AA6C8AE329C31 - Taken by Phinor. 4 entrants total.
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter -- MB-CF26301D155E47F4 - Taken by Shalashaska. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
WARMACHINE: Tactics -- MB-B9C5ED3D91C73791

t1482255455z1.png

There's a hidden LIMBO code inside (heh). Not sure if it works though.

If you win WARMACHINE, I'll PM you a DLC code :)

patapuf

shantae: Pirates curse is a legit fun platformer/metroidvania imo.

It's not super challenging but everything else was pretty spot on.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

TOMB RAIDER: UNDERWORLD -- MB-113BE91B040BD079 - Taken by Tall4Life. 3 entrants total.

t1482247009z1.png

Javier23

Banned
Crytek just closed five studios. Why did they even had so many
I didn't know they had nearly these many and it already made sense to me they'd be going through this with just the Frankfurt one and whichever one Free Radical were part of (¿UK?).

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rockin' Ranger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Hitman Intro Pack -- MB-18BA17CEF197D4A7 - Taken by Zeeman. 24 entrants total.

t1482257055z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom