• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

BTW, forgot I was going to mention that besides That Dragon I hadn't heard of a single one of those "impact" games, and they all looked pretty polished. The Iran game looked pretty high budget. Seemed odd that they had so little press.

zkylon

zkylewd
funny how after i finished the story missions in hitman i feel absolutely no drive to play more of it

i'm too predictable -___-

BTW, forgot I was going to mention that besides That Dragon I hadn't heard of a single one of those "impact" games, and they all looked pretty polished. The Iran game looked pretty high budget. Seemed odd that they had so little press.
1979 revolution is fairly polished to about telltale standards or so

i liked it quite a bit but it's very much not an open ended story and all that crap

Death Stranding will be released in 2024 then,
and it will still be unfinished

Hyh3veT.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jshackles,
ES is not showing instant sell for cards. How do i fix it? It's shows 1 click turn into gems tho.

Are you using Firefox or Chrome? I had to disable the instant sell feature in Firefox for the time being due to a bug that was introduced in Firefox 50.

So was Randy Pitchford's big announcement for today the overpriced Bulletstorm rerelease?

Stop right there. Bulletstorm was an amazing game and deserves another chance. Plus on the PC it will be freed from the GFWL albatross. If successful, maybe we will get a proper sequel. Hate on Gearbox all you want but I'm happy for People Can Fly and Bullet storm getting another chance.

MUnited83

For you.
Stop right there. Bulletstorm was an amazing game and deserves another chance. Plus on the PC it will be freed from the GFWL albatross. If successful, maybe we will get a proper sequel. Hate on Gearbox all you want but I'm happy for People Can Fly and Bullet storm getting another chance.

But people already know about this edition way before this. It's not even remotely a big announcement.
Pretty shitty too that previous owners get no love whatsoever.

kevin1025

Banned

Don't get me wrong, I loved the game! I'm all for this rerelease, just the price is not cool. It's setting it up for failure, or at least waiting for sales. $30, then you're talking!

It's not even in the top five best strategy games of the year. But I guess it has the name recognition to win these things.

Yeah... it's been a great year for strategy games. XCOM 2, Stellaris, and Total Warhammer, are all amazing, and there's several others that I haven't played that all seem widely praised.

Gonna be a real bummer when a Hearthstone expansion or whatever gets more strategy GotY nods.

Tizoc

Don't get me wrong, I loved the game! I'm all for this rerelease, just the price is not cool. It's setting it up for failure, or at least waiting for sales. $30, then you're talking!
Do previous owners get a loyalty discount?

Does the death stranding trailer feature gameplay?

Grief.exe

But people already know about this edition way before this. It's not even remotely a big announcement.
Pretty shitty too that previous owners get no love whatsoever.

Is there any precedent for a game receiving a loyalty discount from a game released by another publisher?

Gearbox wouldn't receive any royalties from the first game's release, so I can see why they wouldn't lower their profits for that reason. At the same time, fans of the first Bulletstorm are going to be most likely to purchase the remaster, throwing them a loyalty discount would sharply increase sales.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is there any precedent for a game receiving a loyalty discount from a game released by another publisher?

Gearbox wouldn't receive any royalties from the first game's release, so I can see why they wouldn't lower their profits for that reason. At the same time, fans of the first Bulletstorm are going to be most likely to purchase the remaster, throwing them a loyalty discount would sharply increase sales.

Yeah; just recently, Darksiders. Most of those who got upgraded to Warmastered Edition bought when THQ owned the brand, before Nordic bought it.

I just killed a man and took his chicken sandwich. I believe this is peak alpha.

It is kind of weird that the violence in the Witcher 3 gets more gory in later games as they simultaneously clamp down on the frontal nudity.

I just killed a man and took his chicken sandwich. I believe this is peak alpha.

It is kind of weird that the violence in the Witcher 3 gets more gory in later games as they simultaneously clamp down on the frontal nudity.
Are you sure it wasn't because you've had more skills or gears to trigger dismemberment later in the game?

And what did you mean by "clamp down on frontal nudity"?

derFeef

I don't belive any of the realtime 4k native on PS4Pro things for Death Stranding... but the game is not going to be released for years so we will sse and inbetween forget about that.

Corpekata

Banned
It's just sort of baffling nobody has cracked the hunting on PC or console genre yet. Yeah, there's been a few games with console or PC ports, but they're all designed with the limitations of handhelds in mind and feel half baked.

Lomax

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth had a loyalty discount from the original and a completely different publisher. In Bulletstorm's case though even a loyalty discount isn't going to offset that insane $50 price level. Gonna be interesting to see what sales are like, hasn't been a good year for Gearbox and this isn't going to change that I don't think.

Corpekata

Banned
It's coming to PC, maybe not day and date as PS4, but PC is very likely since they announced that initially.

I wouldn't say they announced it, there was some Q&A where it was a question, but since then they've never talked about it, and clearly the game wasn't far along in production when that answer was given. Now they're using a Sony engine, crediting Mark Cerny, Sony is publishing, etc which makes me think that things may have changed.

If it is coming yeah, it's most certainly a timed exclusive.

It has a panel at PSX so I guess we will see how PR refers to it.

Kudo

It's coming to PC, maybe not day and date as PS4, but PC is very likely since they announced that initially.

I'd honestly doubt it after they announced they're using Sonys in-house engine (and Mark Cerny), but we'll see, wouldn't surprise me either though cause they did say it was coming earlier.

Hektor

Some games site i saw linked Twitter reported last week that death stranding is 18 months Sony exclusive, not sure how reliable that is tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom