• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulletstorm remaster is a nice surprise.

Mass Effect is looking pretty good imo. I hope there's lots of exploration.

I really need to see Death Stranding gameplay. I kinda get the feeling stealth will be an important part of the gameplay.

MadGear

I'm always glad that I don't waste my time staying awake for award shows. I also don't get why some people are so offended by Overwatch winning that shows GOTY award, its not like TGA is any more relevant than all those other websites doing their own GOTY awards.

Earth's Dawn releasing on December 7. Really love the look of it, although the gameplay seems rather average.

There was a quick look on this game a couple of weeks ago. The gameplay looked very disappointing.

Tizoc

I'm always glad that I don't waste my time staying awake for award shows. I also don't get why some people are so offended by Overwatch winning that shows GOTY award, its not like TGA is any more relevant than all those other websites doing their own GOTY awards.

There was a quick look on this game a couple of weeks ago. The gameplay looked very disappointing.

If Overwatch was a PS4 exclusive only, they would praising it to high heaven.

Sanic

Is this the current version of DSFix i'll want to use for Dark Souls?

Also, is 60fps still an issue (as in, should I play at 30 instead)?

Uncharted 4 was pretty alright. The multiplayer was busted, especially in comparison to how great the MP in UC2 was. The story was a little uneven with its pacing but was a nice, occasionally touching, send-off. The graphics were phenomenal.

Overwatch, though, is straight up GOTY. I'm voting for it five times on the Steam GOTY vote.

Update on Dishonored 2... finished the level that seems to be getting a ton of praise... I didn't like it. Conceptually, it's cool and really gels with the story. But it just forces such honed-in gameplay that it runs counter to what was so great about the first Dishonored: openish expanses with multiple routes.
The detection system still feels wonky. People turn around unprompted to see you or will randomly turn their back, just asking for it.
The charm is missing. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's the structure of the maps that feel less like a city with guards in it and more like a compound with a few citizens in it. Nothing feels lived in the way it did in the first.
I'm still going, though. Just, without the constant zeal that Mankind Divided instilled in me.

Pakkidis

At the end of the year will there be a separate thread for giveaways like last year? I have a lot of keys I want to giveaway, not sure if it should be here or start a new thread?

Tizoc

If uncharted 4 had 0 gunplay I would've liked it more
I like kid it's sense of adventure but the shooting while nice just ruins it for me

At the end of the year will there be a separate thread for giveaways like last year? I have a lot of keys I want to giveaway, not sure if it should be here or start a new thread?
Crom
Will accommodate

Sad, but true.

Look at 4k gaming before the PS4Pro and after.
Look at VR before PSVR and after.
Look at NMS when it was still unclear that its coming to PC...

1080p as well. The consensus "there's no notable difference between 720p and 1080p" changed overnight in 2013 and 900p was suddenly hot garbage.

1080p as well. The consensus "there's no notable difference between 720p and 1080p" changed overnight in 2013 and 900p was suddenly hot garbage.

Remember the discussions when a Xbox One game just had 900p, while that game on PS4 was 1080p?

Good times...

Vlad

Which game is this?

I think it's infinifactory

Yup, it's Infinifactory. The game has a gif creator built in, which ends up being rather hypnotic:

QkvYgPc.gif

Regginator

3 hours left to decide whether I want Dragon's Dogma or not, this would be my first Monthly... hngggggggg

$10,80 on its own for DD is a good price, but usually I'd have waited for it to drop lower, maybe $7,50. But the notion of getting 'five/six more games is making me doubt.

Yup, it's Infinifactory. The game has a gif creator built in, which ends up being rather hypnotic:

They are amazingly hypnotic at times!

I'm actually doing that one at the moment though my approach is to make 2 squares and drop 4 struts in to join them up. Might have to try this strategy.

It was terribly convenient that I was missing 4. The Frontline Tactics one is actually 9 bits of DLC for a F2P game.

Is it too late to get the Monthly bundle and opt out before the new one hits? Already have Dragon's Dogma. Then again, I have too many games backlogged.

Earth's Dawn releasing on December 7. Really love the look of it, although the gameplay seems rather average.
Artstyle reminds me a bit of Vanillaware. Looks fun.

Man, where is Vanillaware on PC :'(
I think they expect "and also PC versions exist" sort of things, not just PC announcements specifically.
PSX is good for PC game reveals. Just gotta wait after the show for confirmation etc.

QkvYgPc.gif
Because I can:

LGCffte.gif

Lomax

3 hours left to decide whether I want Dragon's Dogma or not, this would be my first Monthly... hngggggggg

$10,80 on its own for DD is a good price, but usually I'd have waited for it to drop lower, maybe $7,50. But the notion of getting 'five/six more games is making me doubt.

It's worth it, I can basically guarantee that you'd be able to sell the other keys to make up that $3 if you want to. Plus you'd only really have to get one more game you wanted to make it worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom