• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Less than 36 hours until PSX '16~
Tonight, BITES ZA DUSTO
Tomorrow, I wake up early to do my IELTS test, then I slack off all day until the PS4 Console exclusives event starts, then I use VPN to watch the newest Planet Earth 2 episode

I wouldn't say they announced it, there was some Q&A where it was a question, but since then they've never talked about it, and clearly the game wasn't far along in production when that answer was given. Now they're using a Sony engine, crediting Mark Cerny, Sony is publishing, etc which makes me think that things may have changed.

If it is coming yeah, it's most certainly a timed exclusive.

It has a panel at PSX so I guess we will see how PR refers to it.

It's PR.
How do else do you think they're gonna refer to it ;)

Corpekata

Banned
Tonight, BITES ZA DUSTO
Tomorrow, I wake up early to do my IELTS test, then I slack off all day until the PS4 Console exclusives event starts, then I use VPN to watch the newest Planet Earth 2 episode

It's PR.

Well, typically, if it's timed, they will call it "First on X" or console exclusive. If they start saying it's coming exclusively to PS4 (which yes, has some exceptions), then I'd bet on it being actually exclusive. If they change their tune after "confirming" it in the summer, I'd say things have changed.

Tonight, BITES ZA DUSTO

It's PR.

I REALLY can't wait for a specific moment that is supposed to happen.
Also, about PSX, that'll be the moment where SEGA announce their PC port or not.

Tizoc

Well, typically, if it's timed, they will call it "First on X" or console exclusive. If they start saying it's coming exclusively to PS4 (which yes, has some exceptions), then I'd bet on it being actually exclusive. If they change their tune after "confirming" it in the summer, I'd say things have changed.

At this point I just want to know what kind of game Death Stranding is. I couldn't care less about the themes Kojima thinks he's clever by putting and using in the game, but as is it's either an uninspired shooting game or an adventure game with light combat and some puzzles.

derFeef

At this point I just want to know what kind of game Death Stranding is. I couldn't care less about the themes Kojima thinks he's clever by putting and using in the game, but as is it's either an uninspired shooting game or an adventure game with light combat and some puzzles.

Tactical espionage with superpowers.

Kudo

Some games site i saw linked Twitter reported last week that death stranding is 18 months Sony exclusive, not sure how reliable that is tho

If its timed, that sounds about right, it's definitely not going to be available on other platforms few months from launch with Cernie on-board.

Nzyme32

Is Death Stranding not coming to PC anymore?

I'd doubt it. Has Sony's branding all over the recent trailer.

It's coming to PC, maybe not day and date as PS4, but PC is very likely since they announced that initially.

Imo it is a certainty that it comes to PC eventually. It has had Sony branding from the start and had been explained as an exclusive with a later PC release - though that investor brief was taken down almost immediately, it was legitimate. It makes a lot of sense to do it that way too, particularly if Sony publish it on PC, but I wouldn't expect it for years after the ps4 version.

Not a PC announcement. More like something "Shenmue I-II/Bayonetta /Vanquish/VF5 FS coming to PS4"... and also to PC.

Well nothing has had that unless it is day and date with PC and console. Besides, we've seen Sony's new approach to exclusivity at E3 this year, where everything was just "exclusive to PlayStation" and already we know a bunch of third part is just timed exclusivity. Nothing new.

gelf

Maybe Sony has realised their wording around exclusives was too easy to work out and have endeavoured to be more vague in the future.

UltraJay

So I got a email saying that Gigantic is open to all users from 12/1 to 12/4 on *just the Windows 10 store*. As expected, queue times are 5 mins+. The one game that I got into was pretty fun. Apparently the open beta kicks off on the 8th? That should be better if both that and the full game are cross play.

Since that was my first game I earned 314 "crowns" and 305 "rubies". Rubies seem to be the currency that you earn less of but doing cross-game objectives (tarot cards) seem to earn you a fair amount.

This game has boosts for crowns and exp as well. But they don't work on hourly or daily timers but based on the amount of games you win. So for 25 rubies you can get a 1-win boost for 2x crowns or 2x Prestige and these increase in 1(25 rubies), 10(225 rubies), 50(1,000 rubies), and 100(1,500 rubies) amounts.

FAKE EDIT: Okay, I've been in queue for 10 minutes now.

Hektor

That Overwatch GOTY thread is going as expected.

The dumbest posts are the ones complaining that a videogame won the game awards for its gameplay rather than story. Some going so far as to call that an unfinished game.

Makes you wanna to logout and never login again tbh

Bring the humble monthly on.

I subscribed the first time to get the Dragons Dogma game, played it a bit on console some years ago and couldnt stand the technical aspect of the game in terms of stuttering. Cant wait to check it on my new rig.

Now i have to slow down with all the game subs like humble, gamepump etc.

The dumbest posts are the ones complaining that a videogame won the game awards for its gameplay rather than story. Some going so far as to call that an unfinished game.

To be fair, a storyless (?) MP ego shooter isnt a game i would nominate for a goty too. I know what you mean, its competitive, skill is needed a lot (?) etc.. But when i imagine Counter Strike is nominated for a goty... Or a MMO game. I dont know.

They should specify their categories, same with the wichter dlc as rpg goty.

On the other side, its the vga, and i dont really care about goty called titles as there are most triple a titles i hardly play.

tldr, its not that dumb i think.

Nabs

I guess we can expect this soon.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=764361838

5E4CBA4301C4810AF97D91F7E52AC1B74594169D

Shahadan

It really is dumb as shit.
Overwatch is not my favorite game this year but clearly one of the (if not the) better crafted games. It deserves it.
Subjective ideas about the required amount of content or nature of the genre are irrelevant, lol.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
To be fair, a storyless (?) MP ego shooter isnt a game i would nominate for a goty too. I know what you mean, its competitive, skill is needed a lot (?) etc.. But when i imagine Counter Strike is nominated for a goty... Or a MMO game. I dont know.

They should specify their categories, same with the wichter dlc as rpg goty.

On the other side, its the vga, and i dont really care about goty called titles as there are most triple a titles i hardly play.

tldr, its not that dumb i think.

A game doesn't need a story or anything like that to be good or the "best of the year", thats like saying The Walking Dead shouldnt have won GOTY cause it has almost no real gameplay...
Both have there place and pros and cons

---------------

Indie Gala Capsule Computers the FRIDAY SPECIAL Bundle #42

https://www.indiegala.com/friday

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Black Sails The Ghost Ship -- MB-838D59E8D6D3CBC8 - Taken by Saty
8BitBoy -- MB-49998D4443D44743 - Taken by Hakkelus
Gem Wars Attack of the Jiblets -- MB-59A43E445B8DE784 - Taken by septicore
SWR JST DX Selective Memory Erase Effect -- MB-919374920DB0044F - Taken by darkchewie

Tizoc

Mass Effect does look a bit Dragon Age Inquistioned

:/

And people will delude themselves to voting it Goty.
I also learned all too late taht Dragon Age Inq. has an active mod community with mods that greatly cut down on stuff like the map missions.
Gotta remember to use those in the future whenever I replay it.

People really need to be more open-minded about the fact that others like different things and also stop taking these awards so seriously.

People look for different things in their games and that's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom