• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd

Teggy

Prey looks super cool. You can be a coffee cup!

Still don't understand what the relationship to the old Prey is. Never played that game.

I saw this game just recently released and I thought "wait, isn't this game already out earlier this year?"

I wonder if I should get The Dwarves. A rtwp RPG with controller support is such a rarity.

Cool. I actually read the book that the game is based on. I remember at the time thinking it was structured exactly like a videogame.

Lomax

The recently announced Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Steam page is up

And since this is Gearbox we're talking about, no loyalty program for those who own the previous Bulletstorm. Just a 15% preorder discount for a $50 game.

Wait, they think people will pay $50 for this now? Wasn't it a disappointment sales wise the first time around? I paid $2 for my gwfl copy on origin, that's probably about what I'd pay for this version.

Prey looks super cool. You can be a coffee cup!

Still don't understand what the relationship to the old Prey is. Never played that game.

There is none. It's probably the most pointless use of an IP ever.

Monooboe

I did get interested in Prey, not only because I'm a fan of coffee.XD

Wonder if it is somehow rogue-like:ish, thinking back to the first trailer with repeating the same day and also the trailer said something about dying.

Anno

I'm glad that Zelda is finally doing something kinda different, but that gameplay looked super rough.

Tellaerin

Wait, they think people will pay $50 for this now? Wasn't it a disappointment sales wise the first time around? I paid $2 for my gwfl copy on origin, that's probably about what I'd pay for this version.

Apparently the preorder bonus is DLC that allows you to play through the campaign as Duke Nukem, with a new script and voiceovers from Duke.

I really think the guys at Gearbox overestimate how much people care about Duke Nukem anymore. It's like telling me that if I preorder, I can play through the campaign as Vanilla Ice, or some other aging b-lister whose fifteen minutes were up decades ago. :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
yeah, it's basically a new system shock or something

That was the intention, funnily enough:

18x3zvzy0yqropng.png

I'm assuming "3" is a typo.

Nabs

I love Shovel Knight, but I'd rather have a new game by Yacht Club. I hope they're knee deep into something else.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
The recently announced Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Steam page is up

And since this is Gearbox we're talking about, no loyalty program for those who own the previous Bulletstorm. Just a 15% preorder discount for a $50 game.

Bulletstorm is great, but damn that's a lot.

Corpekata

Banned
i think what was said is that if they didn't use the ip they would lose ownership of it, so they just slapped it into this to keep it

That theory doesn't make sense. Why bother? It's an IP that holds next to no value, and they couldn't even sell the first game to get any money out of it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
REDACTED goty? im ok with that I guess

Whole worlds gone to hell, when the scraps of a dead MMO can be GOTY, for real though that was a good show overall, I really liked, DOOM OST performances fucking RIPT BRAH!!!

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm pretty disappointed with the footage of mass effect andromeda, i really dislike the super clinical rockstar style trailers that are like a list of things you can do in the game

I probably wasn't the only one who thought "No Man's Mass Effect" in that one section of ME Andromeda trailer.
i thought all that stuff reminded me of that last dragon age game that i didn't play cos it looked like a single player mmo aka the worst possible idea

That theory doesn't make sense. Why bother? It's an IP that holds next to no value, and they couldn't even sell the first game to get any money out of it.
i bet there's some value in calling this random thing prey 2 since it'll get people talking

but yeah idk, that's what i heard

Teggy

As mentioned any Prey box key will activate on Steam. Dark Messiah also does this.

There was a list of games like this floating around somewhere but I cannot find it anymore.

I guess I shouldn't buy used off eBay then, in case the code is used or not there. Weird to think there were Steam codes in 2006.

bbd23

So was Randy Pitchford's big announcement for today the overpriced Bulletstorm rerelease?

Yes....and that gearbox publishing exists now!

that was worse than last years game awards tbh...at least death stranding with mads looked weird and cool...will wait for the PC version.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Gearbox can't scam Sega out of any more money, so they've got to get funding for the next Borderlands from somewhere.

kevin1025

Banned
But you can play as Duke Nukem from beginning to end!!!

Not
sold!

Yes....and that gearbox publishing exists now!

that was worse than last years game awards tbh...at least death stranding with mads looked weird and cool...will wait for the PC version.

I missed the Game Awards, I'll try and find it later! Mads Mikkelsen in Death Stranding has me infinitely interested.

For Kingsglaive randomly showing up (but not available in most places?), that gives me hope!

But yeah, that Bulletstorm price, yikes. It's $54.99 here in Canada.

Total Warhammer being part of the VGA sale and yet not being on sale at all... oh, Creative Assembly, what have you wrought?
Valve must feel pretty good right now. A tryhard clone of their 2007 game just won goty in 2016.
There's a DotA joke in here somewhere, I'm sure of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom