• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

seems like I'm not interested in majority of the stuff steam has to offer

half.png

Yeah......... which is why you have so many on your wishlist. God damn man!

I'm at 305 and those are things that I have an interest in and might consider getting eventually, but there are more that hold the vaguest of interests, yet even then I doubt those would range above another 200 or so titles. There are just lots of games that can't possibly hold an interest since they are out competed

Vlad

They are amazingly hypnotic at times!

I'm actually doing that one at the moment though my approach is to make 2 squares and drop 4 struts in to join them up. Might have to try this strategy.

I just reinstalled the game, since I remember that that was actually my second solution to the puzzle, but apparently my first one was pretty similar. I originally made the same set of four pieces but then went and rotated them around to the correct orientations (more or less) and welded them together. That other gif I posted was my attempt at rotating the final product as I'm building it instead of the individual components. My original solution was this:

ZVQ5U0H.gif

Oh, and since you're going through the game, I'll give you a warning for something odd it does later on that wasted a few hours of my time. In the last set of levels, there's one level that's drastically different from all the other ones when it comes to what it is you're trying to do (you'll know it when you see it). For this level, the game introduces a new block for you to use. The problem is that, unlike every other time a new block is introduced, the game doesn't tell you that there's something new for you to use. Since I was operating entirely off of the hotbar and shortcut keys, I went through most of the game without even opening up the main block selection window, so I spent HOURS on this level trying to figure out what the hell I was supposed to be doing without even realizing that there was a new block available.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC,you can do it.

I more or less stopped collecting around nine months ago, which is why I'm no longer listed on Astats, removed the Game Collector showcase on my profile, and changed my featured badge to the golden potato. It's very possible I'll still be in the 8k ballpark a year from now even though indie bundles are still something I indulge in.

Parsnip

I should start Infinifactory again. I played it a bit when it was in early access but haven't touched it in a long time.

infinifactory_2015_04_02_20_45_06_by_majorparsnip-d8go3z2.gif

Is this the current version of DSFix i'll want to use for Dark Souls?

Also, is 60fps still an issue (as in, should I play at 30 instead)?

60 has some minor blemishes here and there and a few bigger ones, but if you have never played it before, you'll not notice them. You'll just think that it's a bit janky.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh humble monthly games revealed soon, hopefully with some good stuff for me for forgeting to cancel my sub >_>

I bought this month Monthly Bundle ? When is the deadline to cancel my subscription for next month ?

before the last friday of december

Phox

Banned
I bought the humble monthly and now I wanna buy the 30$ version... Arrrrggggg! Why do they do this to me!?

Are you sure it wasn't because you've had more skills or gears to trigger dismemberment later in the game?

And what did you mean by "clamp down on frontal nudity"?

I mean the Witcher 3 is way more violent then the first two games in content and execution. There is also significant sexual violence in the game. A lot of which presents the players with a canonical option to walk away from.

And yet, they now censor female frontal nudity and have these goofy camera angles to avoid showing Geralt's ass.

It is this bizarre application of puritanism. Men can talk about how they raped children, I can walk by soldiers raping a daughter while her family sits helpless, but women at a sex party have to be wearing panties.

I know it was done to make it "safer" for the 'under 18 but plays M-rated games crowd' but it is embarrassing what is considered acceptable and what isn't.

I would be so pissed off if they gave people the incorrect bundle however it turns out to be the bandle of games in the link.

Has anyone in the thread already pulled the trigger on the Yogscast bandle?

Too much bundle fodder so far for a bandle buy.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Humble Monthly about to hit, I'm sure it'll be great.
Probably.

I did. I'm in it for the ride since I doubt I'll get many new games out of it.

But it is for charity, and I kind of do giveaways and want to do one closer to Christmas, so this will help add some more titles for that time.

Nah, don't like the format. 30+ games for 30 bucks, a few revealed at a time, limited bundles available. Smells too much like gambling for me to be comfortable with it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
FLAME IN THE FLOOD BABY

Hacknet and Mordheim also? Shit memory redeemed!

edit: you guys are on fucking drugs, what the actual fuck?

Nabs

Humble, this isn't the time to drop the ball. Gamepump is right around the corner. I'm kidding. But seriously, I need to stop with these bundles.

Wow, Mordheim is dope. Should have bought it after all.

Leave a message in the BST thread if you're looking for a copy. It probably won't be too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom