• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadax

Mordheim + The Flame in the Flood look good. But not really worth it since I already have Dragons Dogma :(

data

Well, this month was worth it for Dragon's Dogma alone. Hacknet being a game I almost bought for 5 euros is a really nice bonus. Not sure about the rest, doesn't look like anything I really want to play. Mordheim looks cool, but its reviews are bad and apparantly it has tons of RNG :/

Edit: What is up with Minion Masters? Do we get the premium edition or not?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dungeon Souls is out of EA it seems

Wok

Edit: What is up with Minion Masters? Do we get the premium edition or not?

Activation says so.

mLjYDnT.png

dex3108

New The Division patch and expansion really pushed number up and made them stable. Above 20K concurrent payers per day on Steam only is not bad at all.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I think you guys need to look more into the games than just the banners. There's a few really good gems in this months Humble Monthly.

Eila

The hell is Minion Masters? Says I already own it but I'm not sure where I got that from. Guess I'll keep the key for now and see what I already have activated when it comes out.
Bought the bundle for Dragon's Dogma so I'm not pissed, but I didn't expect it to be so weak.

Amzin

I had DD and Escapists already, but wanted FitF for a while now and some of the others look alright. Not bad for the net cost for sure.

I disliked Vermintide a lot so may skip next month unless I can sell off that key for a pretty fair comp.

Jawmuncher

I think you guys need to look more into the games than just the banners. There's a few really good gems in this months Humble Monthly.

I'll probably play WesternPress when I have friends come over.
But looking at all of these, I know they won't appeal to me. We all have our taste's and I can't say any of these really appeal to me.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'll probably play WesternPress when I have friends come over.
But looking at all of these, I know they won't appeal to me. We all have our taste's and I can't say any of these really appeal to me.

Most certainly, I know some are excited by HackNet, but that's not up my alley. I was interested in Mordheim and The Flame in the Flood, though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I honestly dont know what people expect from the humble monthly. for $12.

You already had DD which retails for 30€ and is usually only on 50% sales. Flame in the Flood is 20€, just came out of EA and was rarely on sale. Mordheim Retails for 40€ and the highest sale I saw was 50% (maybe 66%? im not sure). The Escapists is rarely over 50% also.

All these games have positive to very positive feedback on steam also.

edit: hell I forgot Hacknet which is super aclaimed. I mean, wtf?

Jawmuncher

I honestly dont know what people expect from the humble monthly. for $12.

You already had DD which retails for 30€ and is usually only on 50% sales. Flame in the Flood is 20€, just came out of EA and was rarely on sale. Mordheim Retails for 40€ and the highest sale I saw was 50% (maybe 66%? im not sure). The Escapists is rarely over 50% also.

All these games have positive to very positive feedback on steam also.

It's not quality people are discussing. It's games that appeal to their tastes. That's the gamblw with these bundles. I don't think anyone here is really saying these games are bad. Just not up their alley, thus it can be seen as a bad bundle for them.

Rhaknar

It's not quality people are discussing. It's games that appeal to their tastes. That's the gamblw with these bundles. I don't think anyone here is really saying these games are bad. Just not up their alley, thus it can be seen as a bad bundle for them.

actually most people are saying "what a bad bundle" not "these games dont appeal to my taste but I can see how the bundle is wroth the price of admission" so...

actually most people are saying "what a bad bundle" not "these games dont appeal to my taste but I can see how the bundle is wroth the price of admission" so...
Many post short and not comprehensive. After I got around this, it got much easier to ignore.

Ibuki

Banned

Why would they have to elaborate? Obviously it doesn't appeal to their tastes if they are saying it's bad.

Rhaknar

Why would they have to elaborate? Obviously it doesn't appeal to their tastes if they are saying it's bad.

I guess im not the type of person that thinks because I dont like something its bad. But hey thats me, carry on.

oh and I didnt say they needed to elaborate, I was counter pointing Munch saying "people arent saying they are bad" when that was EXACTLY what people were saying.

Ibuki

Banned
I guess im not the type of person that thinks because I dont like something its bad. But hey thats me, carry on.

You are going out of your way to complain about people's reactions to the bundle.

If they paid for it and are not happy with it, they can call it bad. Unless you work for Humble I don't see why that should offend you.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zero-Crescent, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

HackNet -- MB-5CDDCE0C46FB963F - Taken by Ibuki

Wok

For me, the question is whether I end up playing enough games from the Humble Monthly bundles to warrant the price. Otherwise, it is just a luxury bundle for +1s since I still buy other games that I am more inclined to play. I have to look at the list of bundles of this whole year.

Edit: I also have to take into account the fact that I get 10% off from the whole Humble store.

That's not a bad monthly there. I've been wanting a good deal on Flame in the Flood and almost picked it up last month. The soundtrack is by Chuck Ragan and it's killer, from what I hear and from what I've heard of it.

I did. I'm in it for the ride since I doubt I'll get many new games out of it.

But it is for charity, and I kind of do giveaways and want to do one closer to Christmas, so this will help add some more titles for that time.

That's a really solid way of thinking about it.

Rhaknar

<meta name="keywords" content="Marvel vs Capcom 4, MvC4, Marvel vs Capcom IV, Marvel vs Capcom, MvC, Marvel, Capcom, Marvel Comics, Capcom Unity, PSX, Playstation Experience, Capcom Cup, Street Fighter V, Ultimate, Marvel, Capcom, MVC3, Iron Man, Cutman, Hulk, Ryu, Wolverine, Captain America, Deadpool, Dante, Lord Raptor, Chris Redfield, Morrigan, Moon Knight, Amaterasu, Chun-Li, Hauzer, Doctor Doom, Dormammu, Felicia, Regina, Ant-Man, Super Skrull, Thor, Viewtiful Joe, Shocker, Trish, MVC2, MarvelVsCapcom4, MarvelVsCapcom, MarvelVsCapcom3, MarvelVsCapcom2, tu4ar, fateoftwoworlds" />
<meta name="description" content="Marvel vs Capcom 4 - Coming Soon!" />

Stop making troll sites Munch, Regina aint happening and you know it

Jawmuncher

<meta name="keywords" content="Marvel vs Capcom 4, MvC4, Marvel vs Capcom IV, Marvel vs Capcom, MvC, Marvel, Capcom, Marvel Comics, Capcom Unity, PSX, Playstation Experience, Capcom Cup, Street Fighter V, Ultimate, Marvel, Capcom, MVC3, Iron Man, Cutman, Hulk, Ryu, Wolverine, Captain America, Deadpool, Dante, Lord Raptor, Chris Redfield, Morrigan, Moon Knight, Amaterasu, Chun-Li, Hauzer, Doctor Doom, Dormammu, Felicia, Regina, Ant-Man, Super Skrull, Thor, Viewtiful Joe, Shocker, Trish, MVC2, MarvelVsCapcom4, MarvelVsCapcom, MarvelVsCapcom3, MarvelVsCapcom2, tu4ar, fateoftwoworlds" />
<meta name="description" content="Marvel vs Capcom 4 - Coming Soon!" />

Stop making troll sites Munch, Regina aint happening and you know it

If I made a troll site. It would be Regina, Rick, Gail, and then like 4 RE characters.
I was legit shook reading that though for a few seconds.

MadGear

I know a friend of mine will most likely get Vermintide but since I'm no fan of L4D I doubt that I would end up enjoying this (even with its Warhammer fantasy setting). I usually don't mind the quality of games when we play coop but Borderlands and L4D make me feel dead inside. It would be fun hearing another of his "Age of Sigmar" rants tho.

rtcn63

I learned that the real reason I was let go from my minimum wage job was because I wasn't being social. Brah, all I do is complain about video games and write shitty OT titles that never get used, you really want me to talking to other employees 4-8 hours straight? I was doing y'all a favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom