• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If I made a troll site. It would be Regina, Rick, Gail, and then like 4 RE characters.
I was legit shook reading that though for a few seconds.

I was shook for a split second when I read Lord Raptor ;_;

Wok

I learned that the real reason I was let go from my minimum wage job was because I wasn't being social. Brah, all I do is complain about video games and write shitty OT titles that never get used, you really want me to talking to other employees 4-8 hours straight? I was doing y'all a favor.

You have a secret life about video games that nobody knows about.

bbd23

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bbd23, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Western Press -- MB-4078D28D79978935 - Taken by rainking187. 7 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Mordheim: City of the Damned -- MB-AA9BC87724E5A333 - Taken by Benedict. 13 entrants total.
Hacknet -- MB-0CDA90E94FA22DB5 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 4 entrants total.
Minion Masters -- MB-B95E12CF002C6657 - Taken by Vuze. 4 entrants total.
The Flame in the Flood -- MB-70DFAE030F496525 - Taken by freshVeggie. 19 entrants total.
The Escapist -- MB-CEA431EE68FB9EA7 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 10 entrants total.

t1480714956z1.png

the escapist comes with some dlc stuff, ill just give the winner those codes

Tizoc

Well I'm off to bed, I got an IELTS english test early in the morning tomorrow then I'll slack off all day until PSX '16.
Before I head off, I just wanna say that I still don't believe the Marvel info about the new fighting game, but if it is true then
Fuck-a-Marvel
Fuck-a-Marvel
Fuck-a-Marvel
Fuck-a-Marvel

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Well I'm off to bed, I got an IELTS english test early in the morning tomorrow then I'll slack off all day until PSX '16.
Before I head off, I just wanna say that I still don't believe the Marvel info about the new fighting game, but if it is true then
Fuck-a-Marvel
Fuck-a-Marvel
Fuck-a-Marvel
Fuck-a-Marvel

Guess what?

I'm wanna take you for a ride~

Fuck-a-Marvel
Fuck-a-Marvel
Fuck-a-Marvel
Fuck-a-Marvel

Good Luck!
They gonna take you for a ride!

Fuck-a-Marvel
Fuck-a-Marvel
Fuck-a-Marvel
Fuck-a-Marvel

good luck!

Is there a way in windows / program to hide the mouse cursor in games when using a controller as some games just want to stick it in your face all the time?

Parsnip

Is there a way in windows / program to hide the mouse cursor in games when using a controller as some games just want to stick it in your face all the time?
This probably works.

A bundle disappointment is a good dry run for Gamepump.

Speaking of, did we know that apparently Wayforward's game will the first game to be pumped. I saw them mentioned before, but I don't know if they said anything about their game being first.

game pump

Right now we're trying to keep it as a close knit family. We do a lot of development in-house but also have external partnerships with studios like Wayforward, the 25-year veterans who did Ducktales Remastered. They'll actually be releasing our debut game in January.
Our first game will actually be the PC debut of an award winning puzzle game that is fairly recent, after that we're going very classic from a gaming catalog that we actually pulled out of bankruptcy courts for the defunct publisher who once published them. That will give us a large catalog of games which we will spice up and mix a diverse style of games around. My focus, in terms of wishlist, are console exclusives from the NES, SNES, MSX era - those also require the most legal work in most cases, so we'll keep at them while also releasing others we've already received the rights for.

Award winning puzzle game from Wayforward then? It's probably LIT?

Teggy

So I never got a definitive answer on this - buying Prey on G2A would be doing evil right? Because I can't do evil.

BTW, today's Yogscast game is Goat Sim.

Monooboe

When is the deadline for SteamGAF GOTY? I'm playing Watch Dogs 2 right now and intend to go for Deus Ex next. Want to at least have played through them before settling on my list.

Wondering what other must play games there are?

MUnited83

For you.
It's not a bad bundle, but outside of Dragon's Dogma this is stuff you would expect from a regular bundle, not a monthly.

Wok

Alright, all things considered (games that I discover, games that I play but would have skipped otherwise, local fun with games like TowerFall, 10% off of Humble Store, self-control regarding impulse purchases, etc.), I think Humble Monthly is worth it for me.

Re-subbed. I am pumped.

Need some Steam detectives. Edit: Apparently, this one is for January: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LIT_(video_game)

Lomax

So I never got a definitive answer on this - buying Prey on G2A would be doing evil right? Because I can't do evil.

BTW, today's Yogscast game is Goat Sim.

I think most people would be okay morally with purchases like that, as they are just remainders of retail keys. I mean, you'll still be giving g2a a bit of money, so it's a little tainted, but not like buying stuff that is available elsewhere in a more legitimate fashion. Wouldn't really see it as any more evil than shopping at Walmart.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Minion Masters -- MB-F329474DFB8FE0B9 - Taken by Jadax. 2 entrants total.

t1480706983z1.png

didamangi

Play-Asia selling digital steam codes now?

There's a few deals there like Doom for $17, King's Quest Complete Collection $6.5.

Some keys are region locked though. Like Mafia 3, $20.6 for European countries only.

dex3108

I am still not sure should i buy The Witness or wait. I mean i want to play it and it is kind of the game that you can play whenever you want (with pauses weeks in between). :D

Dusk Golem

Alright, all things considered (games that I discover, games that I play but would have skipped otherwise, local fun with games like TowerFall, 10% off of Humble Store, self-control regarding impulse purchases, etc.), I think Humble Monthly is worth it for me.

Re-subbed. I am pumped.

Need some Steam detectives. Edit: Apparently, this one is for January: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LIT_(video_game)

I am excited if it's LIT, but I am a horror enthusiast. It was a well-reviewed, well received WiiWare game in 2009, it's a puzzle game with a horror theme.

Here were two trailers for it:

LIT Trailer 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS1x0hXU3EQ

LIT Trailer 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeC__fvHZX4

It was well received at the time, and being a horror enthusiast obviously this excites me. It's one that's not in my mostly complete collection of Wii Horror Games.

MadGear

Re-subbed. I am pumped.

Classic games of a defunct publisher? So I guess LJN games are finally coming to Steam?

Dusk Golem

Hmm, this interests me, so I ordered the $20 tier...

Hmm... Not really seeing much of a future for the service, if the numbers are consecutive...

There's a topic for Game Pump here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1315215

The reason I mention it is because right now that number doesn't include PayPal orders I don't think. But hopefully it goes up over time or it may only last a year. I like the idea of it, and if the first game is LIT, I'm personally already happy with my subscription.

Knurek

There's a topic for Game Pump here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1315215

The reason I mention it is because right now that number doesn't include PayPal orders I don't think. But hopefully it goes up over time or it may only last a year. I like the idea of it, and if the first game is LIT, I'm personally already happy with my subscription.

300 times $20 = $6000
Barely enough to pay for hosting for a year, nevermind the developer or legal fees.
If the numbers don't improve significantly, I don't think the service will more than few months.

Nzyme32

Urgh yuk... Playing Dirt 3 with gyro is a great bit of fun, but that shitty No Man's Sky song is in the game... well it wasn't shitty till I associated it with no man's sky

data

Kinda glad I didn't sell Minion Masters, it seems pretty fun so far.

I'm totally expecting the game to die very soon though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom