• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Urgh yuk... Playing Dirt 3 with gyro is a great bit of fun, but that shitty No Man's Sky song is in the game... well it wasn't shitty till I associated it with no man's sky

well i just gotta know what song you're talking about. i thought no man's sky just had ambient music.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The reason I mention it is because right now that number doesn't include PayPal orders I don't think. But hopefully it goes up over time or it may only last a year. I like the idea of it, and if the first game is LIT, I'm personally already happy with my subscription.

Lit's cool, but I have to say I liked the original WiiWare aesthetic more than the rebooted / iOS aesthetic.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Lit's cool, but I have to say I liked the original WiiWare aesthetic more than the rebooted / iOS aesthetic.

100%, I don't think it's clarified (I mean, it might not even be LIT, but certainly seems like it) but I severely hope it's the WiiWare game and not the mobile one. XD; I'd take the mobile one, but I'd be excited if it's the WiiWare one.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The feel when you buy a new PC but Windows 10 doesnt support your Quake 3 Engine games 😭

I am thinking about a virtualisation solution now. Was so excited to play Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Jedi Knight 2 again.

Grief.exe

Urgh yuk... Playing Dirt 3 with gyro is a great bit of fun, but that shitty No Man's Sky song is in the game... well it wasn't shitty till I associated it with no man's sky

No Man's Sky causes PTSD.

The feel when you buy a new PC but Windows 10 doesnt support your Quake 3 Engine games 😭

I am thinking about a virtualisation solution now. Was so excited to play Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Jedi Knight 2 again.

I played Jedi Knight 2 on Windows 10 fairly recently.

I don't remember any specific fixes, but when you're playing a game over a decade old you are going to expect tweaks.

dex3108

I just talked with Origin Support about Bioware Points. In short they told me to talk with Bioware they can't do anything about it because it is developers decision to do things on Origin how they want to do them. So if somebody wants those ME DLCs go and scream to Bioware XD

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just talked with Origin Support about Bioware Points. In short they told me to talk with Bioware they can't do anything about it because it is developers decision to do things on Origin how they want to do them. So if somebody wants those ME DLCs go and scream to Bioware XD

BioWare will just defer the matter to Papa EA, resulting in an endless loop that you follow until such a time that you give up and just bite the bullet.

Jawmuncher

I'll wait for the ME1-3 Remaster collection

bbd23

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bbd23, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Western Press -- MB-4078D28D79978935 - Taken by rainking187. 7 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Mordheim: City of the Damned -- MB-AA9BC87724E5A333 - Taken by Benedict. 13 entrants total.
Hacknet -- MB-0CDA90E94FA22DB5 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 4 entrants total.
Minion Masters -- MB-B95E12CF002C6657 - Taken by Vuze. 4 entrants total.
The Flame in the Flood -- MB-70DFAE030F496525 - Taken by freshVeggie. 19 entrants total.
The Escapist -- MB-CEA431EE68FB9EA7 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 10 entrants total.

t1480714956z1.png

the escapist comes with some dlc stuff, ill just give the winner those codes

forgot to add autorepost so hereeeeee

Jawmuncher

Speaking of which I beat Xanadu Next as well. Thanks again to Nillansan for that.

untitled37zj6d.png

Enjoyed it a lot. Reminded me a lot of the fun I had with Ys and Ys II. I'm not big on Dungeon Crawlers of the hardcore variety but this was the perfect balance. It never got too hard I felt, and it was easy to continue once you used the right guardians and opened up shortcuts. My only complaint is that I felt the last dungeon (The Castle) was a bit too big. Was very easy to get lost in there, and I felt you're better running through the dungeon and grabbing everything. Then when you unlock the final path level up quickly with the double XP guardian and using spells to quickly kill enemies near the warp pad.

But yeah, fun game. Very surprised. If I had bought it at launch at full price, the $20 dollar tag would have been money well spent. Also it worked quite well with the steam controller, which was how i played it.

DLC for Mass Effect 1 and 2 is nice but completely skipable. The DLC for Mass Effect 3 is completely necessary and is a crime that at least From Ashes and Leviathan were not included. The Citadel was amazing as well. Best DLC for the trilogy but it made sense to be separate.

Jawmuncher

DLC for Mass Effect 1 and 2 is nice but completely skipable. The DLC for Mass Effect 3 is completely necessary and is a crime that at least From Ashes and Leviathan were not included. The Citadel was amazing as well. Best DLC for the trilogy but it made sense to be separate.

Nonononononono

If your romance option is Liara in ME1, the Shadow Broker is mandatory.
Hell even if she isn't, Shadow Broker is easily the best DLC piece aside from The Citadel.

enjoy

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Minion Masters -- MB-6355DC9D8E2B0ACC - Taken by duppolo. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen -- MB-711FA775B1E1753B - Taken by Shalashaska. 22 entrants total.
Western Press -- MB-6DD4BBC29ABB7029 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 7 entrants total.
The Escapists -- MB-3C0399760ECCA983 - Taken by ctw0e. 6 entrants total.

t1480723430z1.png

data

Nonononononono

If your romance option is Liara in ME1, the Shadow Broker is mandatory.
Hell even if she isn't, Shadow Broker is easily the best DLC piece aside from The Citadel.

Does ME1 on steam include the DLC? I can't find it it

And does ME2 include any DLC? I've got the digital deluxe edition

Doomedfool

So weird seeing all the complaints about this months Humble. I saw the list and was pretty damn happy. It was worth it for me just for Dragon's Dogma alone, but there are 3 other games that I was already interested in in this one. I am pretty damn happy, but I guess my brain doesn't work the way most others do. :p

Granted, I am a little worried already about next month's bundle. Vermintide looks like it might be fun, but I am not that interested in a game that is mostly multi-player focused.

Nzyme32

Doesn't Dirt have music only in replays?

It has music in the menus, pre-race and post race (in career mode anyway). For some reason that is continually the post race song. I had to stop playing.

Maybe Nzyme has a sort of NMS-tinnitus that will likely follow him intermittently until he's dead

Years of being a session musician, and now this is what kills me, and I didn't even buy the game. Geoff Keighley you fucking murderer; this is all your fault. I'm gonna haunt you for eternity!!

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Diedac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

The Escapists -- MB-6079AB3625241997 - Taken by Lashley. 9 entrants total.

t1480726254z1.png

I'll give the dlc to whoever win

Drakhyrr

Here's a little something I've been forgetting and that's about to expire:

I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
Expeditions: Conquistador (GOG) -- MB-2502A97C2CC946A5 - Taken by Regginator. 2 entrants total.

t1480716492z1.png

Jawmuncher

Does ME1 on steam include the DLC? I can't find it it

And does ME2 include any DLC? I've got the digital deluxe edition

The DLC situation is kinda weird.

With Mass Effect 1, you can redeem the key on origin and that for sure has the original DLC. Or install them through other means. The DLC is free though so whichever way works.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/17460/discussions/0/343786195660632443/

Mass Effect 2 you have to buy the DLC from Bioware here, Even on origin it's the same way. It's a really shitty system. The Deluxe is just extra items and such.
http://social.bioware.com/page/me2-dlc

This is why I want a rerelease so bad.
So all the content can be in once place for one price, even if its stuck to origin.

Regginator

Damn, my first Humble Monthly and I'm disappointed. Luckily I primarily bought it for Dragon's Dogma ($10.80 which is lower than the recent Steam sale) so I'm not particularly burned on it, but I kinda hoped for better/more well-known games. Not saying the current games are bad of course, just never heard of them before and as a result less excited. Still gonna give them a try.

On the other hand, Hacknet seems to be pretty fun though, I'll fire it up next week.

Knurek

Why is this game so bloody good?
We already received so many great VNs on Steam this year.
Don't make me choose between Umineko, Steins;Gate, Root Double and this for Steam GOTY awards.
Please stop.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Contagion -- MB-EC383525E6A5DF60 - Taken by voodooray

Nillansan

Speaking of which I beat Xanadu Next as well. Thanks again to Nillansan for that.

untitled37zj6d.png

Enjoyed it a lot. Reminded me a lot of the fun I had with Ys and Ys II. I'm not big on Dungeon Crawlers of the hardcore variety but this was the perfect balance. It never got too hard I felt, and it was easy to continue once you used the right guardians and opened up shortcuts. My only complaint is that I felt the last dungeon (The Castle) was a bit too big. Was very easy to get lost in there, and I felt you're better running through the dungeon and grabbing everything. Then when you unlock the final path level up quickly with the double XP guardian and using spells to quickly kill enemies near the warp pad.

But yeah, fun game. Very surprised. If I had bought it at launch at full price, the $20 dollar tag would have been money well spent. Also it worked quite well with the steam controller, which was how i played it.

Thanks for the impressions and glad to hear that you enjoyed it!

Plesiades

I still don't understand how Bioware Points are still a thing. Is there some arcane authentication system in place that only works with a BioWare Social Network account but not with Origin?

user237

ModBot said:
ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Balloon Blowout -- GNK9G-I9C30-H3ERC - Taken by fuzzy123
Fabulous Food Truck -- MB-2C57B83D4315CE33 - Taken by septicore
Dessert Storm -- MB-9DF77E7F892EEA93 - Taken by septicore
The Hidden Dragon -- MB-00549AC68398CE98 - Taken by Hakkelus
Ludo Supremo -- MB-D56547218D863020 - Taken by nightstorm
Balloon Blowout -- MB-8D9E190FDEF68F4C - Taken by fuzzy123
Mahjong Deluxe 2: Astral Planes -- MB-0A4ADAB4A29B7E29 - Taken by Reverse Flash
Pepe Porcupine -- MB-B88F1BFE82185A62 - Taken by ExoSoul
Kitty Cat: Jigsaw Puzzles -- MB-96773A5C73D27234 - Taken by ExoSoul
Bubble Blowout -- MB-817B8589169F7C56 - Taken by ExoSoul
Fantastic 4 In A Row 2 -- MB-5D91BDA5F74115E8 - Taken by Reverse Flash
Mahjong Destiny -- MB-4BF0B150AF7C0286 - Taken by Jawmuncher
Where's My What? -- MB-1E988881B8E2F445 - Taken by ExoSoul
Mystery Of Rivenhallows -- MB-E1A54DE9CB97F003 - Taken by T-Rex.
Barnyard Mahjong 3 -- MB-B41C87519598F50D - Taken by ExoSoul
Mahsung Deluxe -- MB-99DB84DDF44F7C58 - Taken by Reverse Flash
Fantastic Checkers 2 -- MB-298C126B43F65F6A - Taken by fuzzy123
Bayla Bunny -- MB-C97F07525353712E - Taken by Undead Bokun

take them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom