• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So just scanning through the PSX announcements, it seems the platform situation is as follows:

(The Sony first-party stuff is obviously PS4-only)

Multiplatform, including PC:
Marvel versus Capcom Infinite (4)
Ultimate Marvel Versus Capcom 3
Resident Evil 7
SF5 Akuma DLC
Nier Automata
Ys Origin (already out)
Dreadnought
Pyre
Absolver
(the entire indie sizzle reel)
Surgeon Simulator VR
Lara Croft GO
What Remains of Edith Finch

Multiplatform, PC unspecified:
Crash Bandicoot HD Trilogy

Multiplatform, no PC:
Destiny crap

PS4 only (or PS4/Vita only):
Ace Combat 7
Yakuza 6 / the other Yakuza game
Ni No Kuni II
Let It Die
Star Blood Arena
Nioh

???:
Windjammers
Vane (announced for PC, but no mention of PC version on the dev's website now)
Nex Machina (only announced for PS4, but doesn't say "Only for PS4" on dev's website when other PS4-exclusive games by same dev do)
(anything in the PSVR sizzle reel)

Durante

Do you have concrete information on the state of Ni No Kuni II?
Given its publisher's recent history and the previous information on the platforms of the game, I'm not sure it's actually PS4-only.

Tizoc

So just scanning through the PSX announcements, it seems the platform situation is as follows:

Resident Evil 7
SF5 Akuma DLC
Nier Automata
Ys Origin (already out)
Dreadnought
Pyre
Absolver
Surgeon Simulator VR
Lara Croft GO

Multiplatform, no PC:
Destiny crap

Ace Combat 7
Ni No Kuni II
Let It Die
Star Blood Arena
Nioh

???:
Windjammers
Nex Machina (only announced for PS4, but doesn't say "Only for PS4" on dev's website when other PS4-exclusive games by same dev do)

I would so get Let it die if they port it to steam. Granted I'd have to restart my character but hey the agme has perma death so it don't bother me non~

What remains of edith finch is coming to pc btw
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1321281

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

Resident Evil 7
SF5 Akuma DLC
Nier Automata
Ys Origin (already out)
Dreadnought
Pyre
Absolver
Surgeon Simulator VR
Lara Croft GO

Multiplatform, no PC:
Destiny crap

Ace Combat 7
Ni No Kuni II
Let It Die
Star Blood Arena
Nioh

???:
Windjammers

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1321281&highlight=edith+finch

About Edith Finch

Nzyme32

Resident Evil 7
SF5 Akuma DLC
Nier Automata
Ys Origin (already out)
Dreadnought
Pyre
Absolver
Surgeon Simulator VR
Lara Croft GO

Multiplatform, no PC:
Destiny crap

Ace Combat 7
Ni No Kuni II
Let It Die
Star Blood Arena
Nioh

???:
Windjammers

Surgeon Simulator ER just got added to SteamDB right during the show - not sure if it is also available now.

Ni No Kuni 2 doesn't have any specific information as to what is going on, but last PSX it was listed as "Console Debut".

WhiteWolf

Hey I have a question about sending gifts on Steam. Can you pick the date the gift link gets sent to the recipient when you check out on Steam? How about Humble Bundle? I want to gift link to be sent on Christmas.

Volimar

In which we pretend that Captain Marvel couldn't just throw Ryu into orbit if she wanted to.

I mean, I like Ryu, but no contest there.

Tizoc

In which we pretend that Captain Marvel couldn't just throw Ryu into orbit if she wanted to.

I mean, I like Ryu, but no contest there.

Ryu beat up, in the following order
A giant Apolcaypse
A giant Onslaught
A giant space monster that's made out of space goo
A dinosaur
A dragon
2 Giant mechs
A god of evil
Galactus, aka a planet eater

Forced MCU Captain Marvel is chump change compared to that.

rtcn63

The conceit will be that the original Megaman tries to copy the power of the infinity gems, but it backfires and he ends up taking some of everyone else's powers instead, allowing him to be infected by Sigma and becoming the penultimate game boss.

Tizoc

What's left to leak? Most everything is announced these days. Even Atelier!
(OMGOMGOMGOMG ATELIER ON PC)

I guess FFXV could leak, but no one would bat an eye :p

Honestly I just want to know what the hell XSEED and SEGA have in store for 2017, cuz I KNOW they got something in store.

Hektor

I guess FFXV could leak, but no one would bat an eye :p

Playing FFXV right now, i now hope it won't be coming until 2019 or so in a super polished rerelease version like square enix past games used to have, cos some parts of this game are piranha bytes level of jank.

Honestly I just want to know what the hell XSEED and SEGA have in store for 2017, cuz I KNOW they got something in store.

Imo, SEGA forever lost a huge opportunity after VC's huge success.
Smaller companies brought games people asked for in 3-6 months timeframe, SEGA still hasn't started 2 years after VC :/
Yakuza should've followed immediately after. Same for Vanquish.

Playing FFXV right now, i now hope it won't be coming until 2019 or so in a super polished rerelease version like square enix past games used to have, cos some parts of this game are piranha bytes level of jank.

Game.isn't getting a good word of mouth and is likely coming late. They killed all of its chances to ever sell over 500k on Steam.

XSEED would most likely be Senran Kagura: Estival Versus, TITS 3rd, Fate/Extella, Akibas Beat and maybe Ys.

SEGA.......Sonic Heroes, Sonic Boom, Sonic Mania, Sonic R and Sonic Shuffle. Also a surprise collection featuring vanquish, bayonetta, hatsune miku and yaku......hahahaha just kidding it will be the Sonic Boom Cartoon series collection for streaming on steam!!

Tizoc

XSEED would most likely be Senran Kagura: Estival Versus, TITS 3rd, Fate/Extella, Akibas Beat and maybe Ys.

SEGA.......Sonic Heroes, Sonic Boom, Sonic Mania, Sonic R and Sonic Shuffle. Also a surprise collection featuring vanquish, bayonetta, hatsune miku and yaku......hahahaha just kidding it will be the Sonic Boom Cartoon series collection for streaming on steam!!

No it won't and that stopped being funny years ago, and really goes to show how little many of you know and CHOOSE to ignore about SEGA's franchises.

Imo, SEGA forever lost a huge opportunity after VC's huge success.
Smaller companies brought games people asked for in 3-6 months timeframe, SEGA still hasn't started 2 years after VC :/
Yakuza should've followed immediately after. Same for Vanquish.

These things
they take time amigo
Picture it: SEGA Platinum Essentials Vol. 1: Bayonetta Duology
SEGA Platinum Essentials Vol. 2: Vanquish+Anarchy Reigns

Just be blind hype and it'll pay off in the end.

These things
they take time amigo

Nah, they take less time for smaller companies. But you always manage to bring me back to the hype trai. :")

Jawmuncher

These things
they take time amigo

We're getting SOnic boom at this rate

Eila

Well, they have Trails 3rd for sure, while I'm sure something Senran Kagura is also a no-brainer (Estival Versus most likely). After that, I don't know. They might have gotten dotemu to port something to PC, considering what a mess Little King's Story PC was (and still is, I believe).

Durante

They might have gotten dotemu to port something to PC, considering what a mess Little King's Story PC was (and still is, I believe).
They probably really regret that. I hope that one experience doesn't deter them from having more PC ports made (specifically for the western market) though, the concept in itself is sound.

They probably really regret that. I hope that one experience doesn't deter them from having more PC ports made (specifically for the western market) though, the concept in itself is sound.

Well, they have Trails 3rd for sure, while I'm sure something Senran Kagura is also a no-brainer (Estival Versus most likely). After that, I don't know. They might have gotten dotemu to port something to PC, considering what a mess Little King's Story PC was (and still is, I believe).

They have 3 unannounced games actively being updated on SteamDB. And specific updates I mean. LKS is also still being worked on. So yes, I guess it didn't killed their effort, more like think twice and be more cautious before launch. They should really do the Ghostlight/NISA approach and make fans beta test.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

They're probably both working with Gamepump to bring your favorite console classics of yesteryear to PC

Sch1sm

Try any of these if you have some time and a good opportunity to buy any on sale this month:
  • Dark Souls III
  • Day of the Tentacle Remastered
  • Forza Horizon 3
  • Furi
  • Inside
  • Orwell
  • Owlboy
  • Rusty Lake: Roots
  • Stephen's Sausage Roll
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine
  • The Witness
  • Thumper

Played DS3, Forza Horizon 3 (X1), Furi (PS4), and I own the first Rusty Lake which also released this year so I'll give that a shot. None of the others, so I'll give them a look. Also played DOOM, that's another that came out this year. But it's mostly that not enough has screamed at me to the point I'd put them on a list, y'know? DS3? Sure, really enjoyed my time with it. Furi? Not so much. Forza isn't a Steam game. DOOM was enjoyable. Played a whole lot of SFV but that's been a mess.

The Witness might, or Civ VI or HoI IV, but my wallet has just never been right for them. Thank you, though. 'preciate the suggestions. <3

If anyone else has some gems of the year they loved, that I should take a look at, send them my way.

Damn all the yakuza games and last of us2 are really tempting. I hope windjammers come to pc so we can support the real thing instead of some knockoff (disc jam)

Ascheroth

Played DS3, Forza Horizon 3 (X1), Furi (PS4), and I own the first Rusty Lake which also released this year so I'll give that a shot. None of the others, so I'll give them a look. Also played DOOM, that's another that came out this year. But it's mostly that not enough has screamed at me to the point I'd put them on a list, y'know? DS3? Sure, really enjoyed my time with it. Furi? Not so much. Forza isn't a Steam game. DOOM was enjoyable. Played a whole lot of SFV but that's been a mess.

The Witness might, or Civ VI or HoI IV, but my wallet has just never been right for them. Thank you, though. 'preciate the suggestions. <3

If anyone else has some gems of the year they loved, that I should take a look at, send them my way.

Honestly, just play Xanadu Next!
Should probably be 18$ in the winter sale.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Here are some of the games that came out this year that I liked enough to finish and would recommend:
  • Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • I am Setsuna
  • Epistory: Typing Chronicles
  • Homefront: The Revolution
  • Shadow Complex: Remastered
  • Xanadu Next

Durante

They're probably both working with Gamepump to bring your favorite console classics of yesteryear to PC
Honestly, I think GAMEPUMP® is the best thing that happened to PC gaming ever. Not only do you get lost gaming artifacts which are BRAND NEW to Steam delivered straight to your library every single month, you also help sick and injured kids at the same time! It truly is the best option in classic gaming for modern gamers.

... joking aside, this is a serious matter:
Not for long, if their games will sell like Xanadu Next did.
I know Xanadu Next is a though sell because it basically consists of nothing but raw gameplay and pacing perfection without any gimmicks or a modern presentation draw while also being rather difficult and in a non-mainstream genre, but it deserves far more success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom