• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I just love how fucked over my platform of choice gets by SE :)

Just a bit pissed after their latest shit with Nier.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Cdkey's EU flag = Steam's EU distinction? (Which is what exactly?).

Publishers are free to region-lock keys to whichever regions they like. Europe, in this case, refers to:

Germany, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Great Britain, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Monaco, Andorra, San Marino, Holy See (Vatican City State), Faroe Islands, Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey, Aland Islands, Greenland, Gibraltar, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, XK, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Falkland Islands (Malvinas), New Caledonia, Reunion, French Polynesia

Card glitchers, anyone else notice that as you get down to the last 2-3 games the glitch becomes super hit or miss?

Yeah, usually once I get down to 2 or cards left, I can't get the trick to work anymore.

I've found a new way to get all the cards though. This only applies if you don't have to the 2 hour idle first restriction. What I do is I set Idle Master to idle the cards for 2 hours first and then every few minutes I just quit Idle Master while it's idling. I usually get cards each time I quit, even if I've only been idling for a few minutes. By the time I'm done with all the cards, I've typically only idled each game less than an hour. Games with more cards tend to screw it up though. The only bad thing about this method is it takes time constantly restarting Idle Master so you can quit it. At least for me, it takes a few minutes for it to read my badges page.

Monooboe

It disappoints me that Watch Dogs 2 lacks a completion tracker and incorporates a distance-based icon unveiling system in lieu of "towers" that unmask everything within a particular area. I realise this was done so players wouldn't feel compelled to overwhelm themselves by seeking out each and every little thing, but I hope AssCreed 2017 is more in line with Ubitradition.

I agree! While I kind of like that discovery by the unveiling system but I really miss a tracking and sense of complition of collecting things. Also I do like that many of the collectibles are enviromental puzzles.

Also I miss the minigames from the first one, feels like a more empty world.

That said, I am really liking the game.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm waiting on the Christmas sale, but the game looks great.

The game looks good, but your desire to play it is 100% correlated to the hype that exists around a launch of a game.

The game will be there for you in the future. The only thing you will be missing is a too-forgiving communal dialogue.

I'm waiting on the Christmas sale, but the game looks great.

I've played about 27 hours so far (mostly doing the side missions/activities and some of the main story)...I really like it

there are some things that are frustrating (which happens with any game) but the pros outweigh any cons for me

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
The game looks good, but your desire to play it is 100% correlated to the hype that exists around a launch of a game.

The game will be there for you in the future. The only thing you will be missing is a too-forgiving communal dialogue.

Enough of this logic!

You're right, it's just the hype. I'll wait for a sale, same with Civ 6

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
What the hell, I just got an invite to attend the Nintendo Switch hands-on reveal event in January. It's a legitimate invite, but I don't know why I was invited or why the invitation is at the London venue of the event (I live in America, and there's an event on the same day happening in New York and a third one in Japan). Might be some odd connection I had or a mistake, but I would take it up if I had money and time right now.

Not very Steam GAF related, but was a bit confused and guess I just wanted to somewhat be confused and stealth brag in place of me not being able to go.

What the hell, I just got an invite to attend the Nintendo Switch hands-on reveal event in January. It's a legitimate invite, but I don't know why I was invited or why the invitation is at the London venue of the event (I live in America, and there's an event on the same day happening in New York and a third one in Japan). Might be some odd connection I had or a mistake, but I would take it up if I had money and time right now.

Not very Steam GAF related, but was a bit confused and guess I just wanted to somewhat be confused and stealth brag in place of me not being able to go.
they are Switching locations :p
sorry

morningbus

Enough of this logic!

You're right, it's just the hype. I'll wait for a sale, same with Civ 6

Glad to help. Set a goal to beat two games you've been meaning to play before buying Warchdogs 2.

Find a London Steam-Gaffer, make him or her an official representative of your company and give them the invite.

What the hell, I just got an invite to attend the Nintendo Switch hands-on reveal event in January. It's a legitimate invite, but I don't know why I was invited or why the invitation is at the London venue of the event (I live in America, and there's an event on the same day happening in New York and a third one in Japan).

they want you to be another Salsashark

Anteater

jasp_2016_12_06_01_09l4snb.jpg
jasp_2016_12_06_01_110mshk.jpg

jasp_2016_12_06_02_112xson.jpg
jasp_2016_12_06_02_22nbs6n.jpg

this game is the shit

Accept but only under one condition, that you may make a Youtube video about it and monetize it.

Dusk Golem

Find a London Steam-Gaffer, make him or her an official representative of your company and give them the invite.

That's would not be a bad idea if it wasn't for one of the details which is talking collaboration on the Switch. I'm assuming I got invited because I make games, small games though. It wouldn't be impossible for me to make ports for the Switch on some of them, but I'm surprised they even reached out to me.

Tizoc

If you're suspicious of it, just contact nintendo.

Dusk Golem

If you're suspicious of it, just contact nintendo.

I'm not suspicious of it, it's actually an invite though they may have had a bit of error in location there. But I couldn't attend at this point in time, I'm in a bit of a financially tight position right now and I'm busy in January, so would have to pass, but wasn't what I expected to see in my email this morning.

Yakkue

Steamgaf, I can't decide which game to play next. Which one did you guys like best of these:

Prison Architect
Shadowrun Returns
Valdis Story
FFXIII-2
Ys VI
Technobabylon

Or I could finally try to understand how to play Crusader Kings II.

Anteater

Steamgaf, I can't decide which game to play next. Which one did you guys like best of these:

Prison Architect
Shadowrun Returns
Valdis Story
FFXIII-2
Ys VI
Technobabylon

valdis story is a pretty straight forward side scrolling action game with some rpg elements, I'd go with that, but honestly all of those games are in a different genre lol, so just the matter of whatever you feel like playing

Tizoc

Prison Architect
Shadowrun Returns
Valdis Story
FFXIII-2
Ys VI
Technobabylon

Technobabylon is the shortest among those IMO and is a really neat Blade Runner-like adventure game.
Ys 6 or Valdis ought to be the short of those taht fall into the action or rpg category so play either afterwards.
Also obligatory
RELEASE
OF THE FAR
WEST
OCEAN

Yakkue

valdis story is a pretty straight forward side scrolling action game with some rpg elements, I'd go with that, but honestly all of those games are in a different genre lol, so just the matter of whatever you feel like playing

I realize they are all very different, and I know what they are all about - just can't decide :) Thanks a lot for your input!

Technobabylon is the shortest among those IMO and is a really neat Blade Runner-like adventure game.
Ys 6 or Valdis ought to be the short of those taht fall into the action or rpg category so play either afterwards.
Also obligatory
RELEASE
OF THE FAR
WEST
OCEAN

Ys games always have amazing music, I think the decision is made now :D

Cth

Ehh, having a pretty rough week.

I thought I'd ask if anyone had any recommendations for a game to play to take my mind off things for a bit.

Getting a divorce, and my best friend just had a stroke and can't talk

It doesn't help that I recently played SEEN (https://basedgamer.com/review/2669/seen-by-polychroma-games-learn-to-love-again) either I suppose.

Anyways, here's my list of games:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/cth42/games/?tab=all&sort=name
(Either a suggestion from here or something relatively inexpensive.)

Thanks!

morningbus

I'm not suspicious of it, it's actually an invite though they may have had a bit of error in location there. But I couldn't attend at this point in time, I'm in a bit of a financially tight position right now and I'm busy in January, so would have to pass, but wasn't what I expected to see in my email this morning.

Ask the contact if they could switch you to another location. Sound very official and important. Make sure you tell them you are doing international business.

Also close the letter with the switch pun from earlier.

kagamin

I thought I'd ask if anyone had any recommendations for a game to play to take my mind off things for a bit.

It doesn't help that I recently played SEEN (https://basedgamer.com/review/2669/seen-by-polychroma-games-learn-to-love-again) either I suppose.

Thanks!

100% Orange Juice is pretty harmless and mindless fun if your want that, I'd highly recommend it.

Cth: play Intrusion 2. It's the 2D shooter equivalent of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, at least as far as boss battles. Super fun game.

Prison Architect
Shadowrun Returns
Valdis Story
FFXIII-2
Ys VI
Technobabylon

Technobabylon. Or dive in CK2.

A good place to start in CK2 is in Ireland somewhere; the isolation and size of neighboring counties gives you a slow start and will introduce you to a bunch of core concepts as you conquer the island, and, hopefully, move into Britain.

Thanks!
Ah man, very sorry to hear. Hope it goes well for you as much as possible.

Yakkue

Thanks!

That's really rough, sorry you have to go through that.

I'd recommend Puzzle Agent if you want to play a very quirky and fun Adventure with Layton-like Puzzles.
Or Civ V if you want to forget the world for 7 hours at a time.

Or dive in CK2.

A good place to start in CK2 is in Ireland somewhere; the isolation and size of neighboring counties gives you a slow start and will introduce you to a bunch of core concepts as you conquer the island, and, hopefully, move into Britain.

Thanks a lot for that tip, I'll keep it in mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom