• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganado

This cycle there is a rather heavy Sony bias. It kind of switch every cycle. I just find it pretty funny that now it's great to ask for 60FPS and 4K since Sony allowed them the privilege to buy another 300$+ console to do so and replace their original PS4 while these standards were reserved to the elitist PC community before the miracle happened.
Hasn't it always been pro-Sony over there?
Nier releasing on PC day and date with the console version.

tlZG3OF.png
Sony paid for timed exclusive release date reveal confirmed?

rtcn63

I just got another email by Ubisoft. This one with a supposed GOTY key but since I already put the vanilla key in, Steam won't accept it.

Maybe they're both GOTY keys. Or both vanilla. Ubisoft stop fucking with me.

EDIT: The original key I put in has no DLC tab under properties, so I'm guessing vanilla for that one.

Also some german website is giving away a random steam key:
https://www.mmoga.de/CHIP_Adventskalender_2016.html
Got a lame game that's been free on dlh forever (Pirates of Black Cove Gold), but try your luck.
Got Enclave. Didn't expect anything great but oh well.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Enclave -- MB-841E0281D77D9D6B - Taken by shintoki

Lain

Small hands = PS4 controller generally
Normal size = PS4 or XB1
Giant hands = Original Xbox controller

Sixaxis for me. So light and fits my hands perfectly. Picked up a 360 controller once and just didn't feel right. Add the asymmetrical sticks and brrrr.

Xbox sent me keys of Gears 1~3 and Judgement, even though I got GoW4 from my graphics card purchase. I thought giving away older GoW games was a Black Friday promotion?

yuraya

Xbox sent me keys of Gears 1~3 and Judgement, even though I got GoW4 from my graphics card purchase. I thought giving away older GoW games was a Black Friday promotion?

I believe the promotion lasts until the end of the year. Like they started doing that the second preorders were up for the new Gears around E3 or wtvr.

mp1990

Banned
He's possibly fallen into the same trap as a lot of online personalities (and filthy casual posters like us- but we're not trying to make money via ad revenue or patreons). He started garnering a fanbase for "going against the grain and telling it like it is", if unintentionally, and then realized that the only way to maintain and grow his audience is by mostly repeating what they've said back to them, often very British-ly.

I still watch his stuff. He does have some good videos here and there. But a lot of it does seem like knee-jerk topic of the week trifle.

who likes the british anyway

Jawmuncher

I have a feeling the only reason it's getting done day and date is because of platinum. If this was Square in development lead. It definitely would be later this year at the best. But yeah, I hope Sqaure can start doing their releases day and date, or at least way closer.

Get's really annoying seeing them use PC as nothing more than double dip land for their jrpg titles.

Jimrpg

What arcade stick do you guys use

Now that MvC is coming to PC I want to play seriously and the pad is tough to land complex combos on.

I have a Hori Real Arcade Pro IV that I got from play Asia. I like it a lot, everything is really responsive, joystick is clicky and I can play just as easily on my lap or on a table. Compared to my old Hori Fighting stick 3 (a cheapo stick) it's night and day. It also comes with matte convex buttons, I prefer shiny concave but that's cool. It's PS3/PS4/PC compatible.

You could also opt for madcatz TE sticks but on playasia it was about $230+ and the HRAP was $180.

pislit

I had a problem with Steam disconnecting everytime I play a game (goes offline). This is not a problem with single player games but when it comes to Battlerite, Dota 2, Insurgency, to some extent NBA 2K (can't access cloud saves, settings, earn VCs etc etc), gaming is pretty much dead.

The fix was reserving at least 3GBs worth of space in ALL DRIVES! Never crossed the problem above ever since I cleaned up my drives. Hopefully this is the real fix. lol.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I was thinking about trying to up my removed games collection game. Right now I have 92, and the cutoff to be in the Removed Games Collectors group is 110. Any obvious strategies for hitting the target? I feel like I've gotten most of the still-available-for-purchase stuff, but I'm up to other cheap options. Not really interested in paying say $50 a game or whatever. Also up for shady key sites if that's what it takes. I have global VPN access too, so I can redeem non-US keys.

Of my GAF friends, BernardoOne, Smash88, and kurt russell are the only members.

http://timekillerz.eu/removed/tools.php <-- my user id is "stumpo" so you can see which removed games I own/don't own.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I was thinking about trying to up my removed games collection game. Right now I have 92, and the cutoff to be in the Removed Games Collectors group is 110. Any obvious strategies for hitting the target? I feel like I've gotten most of the still-available-for-purchase stuff, but I'm up to other cheap options. Not really interested in paying say $50 a game or whatever. Also up for shady key sites if that's what it takes. I have global VPN access too, so I can redeem non-US keys.

Of my GAF friends, BernardoOne, Smash88, and kurt russell are the only members.

http://timekillerz.eu/removed/tools.php <-- my user id is "stumpo" so you can see which removed games I own/don't own.

I have 44 friends in this group (no true surprise) and apparently meet the requirements myself
123 games
but I'm not sure if I really see the point in it.

Like you, most of my games were from versions removed from the store before re-release, or things that went on sale a billion times before they were removed (such as Castle of Illusion).

I do have a few of the more "rare" games (Onimusha, 007 Legends, Prey, Riddick, Star Trek, etc) that I actually paid money for, but I think the majority of my "steam collecting" days are behind me.

I guess my advice would to be buy everything that's licenced and wait a few years. A surprising number of games on my list made me go "Oh, that got removed from the store? Since when? Oh, it was pulled in 2012. Interesting." Going to shady key sites looking for removed games will likely end in disappointment depending on how wide you want to open your wallet.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm mostly interested in whether the group has any members-only resources for stuff that was removed a long time ago. I have no illusions about getting a The Movies, Blur, or Wolfenstein 2009 key but there are a few other older ones that I'd like. So I figured paying to get a few more recently removed things would help bootstrap me in that regard.

Edit: Also wondering if they have resources about regional restrictions, in terms of which games are RU/CIS activation restricted but playable elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom