• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

Hm, that's weird. For what it's worth, I'm also on Win 7, and got one of the wired controllers and a wireless adapter and it was all entirely plug and play. The home button even launches BPM.
Since I know how to install the drivers again if they become fussy, i can try reinstalling anyway. But I seriously doubt it will fix the guide button issue.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Are people ok with rebuying games on the swich but not ok with rebuying a remaster of bulletstorm?

There's a deeper issue with the Bulletstorm remaster that extends beyond it being an exception to the loyalty program rule: the GFWL version people have is going to be non-functional when the service is shut down. Well, that and Pitchford is flat-out lying about why there's no loyalty program instead of simply admitting that he views it as devaluing the product.

I think people, by and large, would have been fine with just a generous loyalty discount if Gearbox had approached the matter from the correct angle and explained why PCF ought to be financially rewarded across the board for its remastering efforts, but instead Pitchford going all Pete Hines has created a scenario in which those who are pissed at him won't be happy unless they get the game for free.

There's also the distinct possibility that Gearbox is planning on a loyalty program for the remaster but is waiting for the outrage to hit a certain point so that it can claim the promotion is the result of "listening to those who believed in the greatness of Bulletstorm" or some such, thereby scoring some brownie points from fickle fans.

Durante

Are people ok with rebuying games on the swich but not ok with rebuying a remaster of bulletstorm?
The only platform I'm OK with rebuying games on is PC. Because it's the last platform I'll need.

And I haven't had to do that in a while, since I seem to (finally!) have successfully outgrown the need to have all games on day 1.

Anno

Eh I don't really care to rebuy games on any platform. It's one of the reasons I've stayed on basically just my PC for the last decade.

Anbec7

So I will finish building up a PC this Saturday, any recommendatios for my future Steam library?
I mean I already plan on buying Overwatch, Owlboy but.. any precious indies around that are cool (and also cheap)?

thanks.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

iACoGDR.png

Like Teggy noted. It's out now. Also has a Demo. steam://install/547490

The demo for this is fantastic, it really is Commandos - Behind Japanese Lines.

Shall definitely be purchasing it before xmas once I've got all my xmas shopping out of the way.

Durante

So I will finish building up a PC this Saturday, any recommendatios for my future Steam library?
I mean I already plan on buying Overwatch, Owlboy but.. any precious indies around that are cool (and also cheap)?

thanks.
About 1000, give or take. You could at least try to narrow it down by genres or something :p

Or I'll just say Momodora: Reverie under the Moonlight and leave it at that.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xWBm0BY.png
20% off voucher on South Park stuff on Uplay -- MB-1FD40D04D8D11339

You can use this to purchase the new South Park game as well.

Benedict

Somebody know why this order confirmation from GOG just popped up in my mail?

Thanks for your order Arkeologen.
BROKEN SWORD: DIRECTOR'S CUT - OST
Free

DISCOUNT – BROKEN SWORD: DIRECTOR'S CUT - OST $ 0.00

Order total: $ 0.00

Haven't been on GOG in over a week.

Tizoc

thanks.
Ys series
Xanadu next
Trails in the sky
Off the top of my head for now

Ascheroth

About 1000, give or take. You could at least try to narrow it down by genres or something :p

Or I'll just say Momodora: Reverie under the Moonlight and leave it at that.

Ys series
Xanadu next
Trails in the sky
Off the top of my head for now

To add to that, Trails and Ys are currently on sale on GOG, but if you want them on Steam, they'll likely have the same price in ~2 weeks when the winter sale starts.

Tizoc

Forgot genres but I took note of the ones recommended.
Mostly adventure, RPG, Plattformers kind.
Platformers, well off the top of my head
Psychonauts
Ty the tiger 1
Tomb raider anniversary
Sonic generations
Rayman series
Prince of persia series

JaseC

thanks.

Styx, when the Winter Sale kicks off in just over two weeks.

xist

Did I miss some announcement about no new bundle today?

Edit - apparently not but confirmed on their Twitter feed.

After the failure of early third-party exclusives on WiiU I can't see big pubs doing more with the Switch other than ports until it has a solid useerbase.
Won't be an issue either way.

Parsnip

Somebody know why this order confirmation from GOG just popped up in my mail?

Haven't been on GOG in over a week.

Huh...

GOG sent me a receipt for Broken Sword Director's cut OST out of nowhere.

Read here.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/broken_sword_osts/

Short of it is that they are moving the soundtracks from "goodies" to a separate product as requested by the publisher, and are giving the separate soundtrack dlc as a free thing for existing owners.

yuraya

720p20 with framepacing issues confirmed?

720p 20-30fps should be good enough for DS3 and DS1 all things considered. DS2 should be 720p60 since it runs on any pc toaster. I think the Nvidia tech inside the Switch is gonna blow some minds. Its gonna be a powerful ass handheld.

JaseC

After the failure of early third-party exclusives on WiiU I can't see big pubs doing more with the Switch other than ports until it has a solid useerbase.
Won't be an issue either way.

I'll be legitimately shocked if LPVG's BG&E2 exclusivity rumour turns out to be true. There are a handful of reasons why I don't believe it, however the biggest is that the gist went from "The game is in active development and will release in 2017" to "The game is in pre-production and will release in 2018" after Ancel announced that Ubi had given it the proper green light. Also, most recently, LPVG backed the rumour that the Uncharted 4 DLC would focus on Sam, which turned out to be completely false -- as in, "You don't even so much as play a male character" false. To be fair, Laura Kate Dale's definitely cultivated a solid track record when it comes to Switch hardware details, but that's no reason to assume all of her rumours are on point and now she's already struck out once on software -- and on the first rumour that time ruled on, no less.

thanks.

You should wait for the winter sale to buy them (it's starts on 22 december), but the coolest and cheapest indie games are:

- Faster Than Light
- Spelunky
- Downwell
- Door Kickers
- Speedrunners
- The Banner Saga
- Hexcells +

(Likely) not cheap, but still cool:

- Mini-Metro
- Momodora (the last one)
- Owlboy
- Enter The Gungeon