• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibranium

Banned
Crossposting from gamepump! thread.

http://www.alistdaily.com/strategy/robert-bowling-explains-gamepump-makes-old-ip-new/

So, can we hope for MSX Metal Gear on Steam? It would be pretty dope if he got them to license the whole Metal Gear catalog, not just the MSX games, though that seems unlikely.

So this could mean Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake on Steam? FUCK YES.

Now people can witness one of the greatest sequels ever made. Kojima revamped so much from the first and he sketched the damn plotline on a train! It better have the updated Shinkawa character portraits though, they are so badass. One of the best OSTs of the 90s.

Also want to mention that people disappointed about MGSV can take it out on Big Boss in this game.

Thankfully, even after releasing a bug-filled new build of Army and then going on vacation for the entire Thanksgiving Sale, nobody has asked for a refund.

giphy.gif

Parsnip

Since NES Metal Gear (the only non-MSX Metal Gear) is a completly different game and he is talking about NES games running on MSX... no.

It's not completely different. The story is basically the same, quite a few of the rooms are the same, and I guess you don't punch a computer near the end.

ModBot said:
[Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Blockstorm -- MB-5B76B6E1382B1662 - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.

t1481064270z1.png

Monooboe

Aaaah finished Watch Dogs 2, was good. Been trying out Grow Up while I wait for Deux Ex Mankind Devided to download/install and how it felt great being back playing as Bud, need to line up some podcast and go on a collectathon. Puh, binging games so I am ready for SteamGAF GOTY is hard!:D

yuraya

The QTE's in RE6 are pretty freaking ridiculous. Press R+SPACE to dodge some shit in a cutscene. Then you gotta just jam down on WASD to do/escape most things. Sometimes you have to jam down R and Space separately. Its all so random and out of nowhere. I nearly broke my keyboard and desk in some of these Jake/Leon chapters. Wtf Capcom.

Purkake4

Banned
ibn Saïd;226132610 said:
everyone who doesn't have shadowrun dragonfall should enter this giveaway! amazing game, brilliant writing.

as for underrail, been meaning to try it. i hear it's like the oldschool fallout games? is it on sale somewhere?
Underrail is quite a bit like Fallout 1/2 in the gameplay department, it's a big lighter on the story. Check out the OT for more info.

As for discounts, it's been -50% for all the previous Steam sales. Honestly, it's well worth the ~15€ content-wise. I have like 70h in it.

Also, there's a side-expansion coming at some point in the future.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is this gamepump thing so dubious that it's basically a joke at this point? I mean, whats up with the "meme"?

5% chance it's a scam and I have to use a Paypal refund
50% chance that it's all garbage and I end up selling some of the keys or taking a loss
40% chance that there are enough good games in there to justify the subscription price
5% chance they're the next Night Dive and I get 13 games for $20

G A M E P U M P

(I just sent Game Pump an email with a list of game suggestions btw)

Regginator

Somebody know why this order confirmation from GOG just popped up in my mail?

Haven't been on GOG in over a week.

You have to forgive them, sometimes they send those order confirmations from IE.

(On a relevant note, is Edge much of an improvement?)

Underrail is quite a bit like Fallout 1/2 in the gameplay department, it's a big lighter on the story. Check out the OT for more info.

As for discounts, it's been -50% for all the previous Steam sales. Honestly, it's well worth the ~15€ content-wise. I have like 70h in it.

Also, there's a side-expansion coming at some point in the future.

never played fallout 1 and 2 to be honest, just familiar with what kind of games they are. the only thing that i played that came close i think was wasteland 2, which i enjoyed quite a lot.

as chance would have it i also know the wasteland series (or at least part 1) is the spiritual predecessor to the fallout games. i assume they are similar mechanically and maybe narratively?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The QTE's in RE6 are pretty freaking ridiculous. Press R+SPACE to dodge some shit in a cutscene. Then you gotta just jam down on WASD to do/escape most things. Sometimes you have to jam down R and Space separately. Its all so random and out of nowhere. I nearly broke my keyboard and desk in some of these Jake/Leon chapters. Wtf Capcom.

FYI, you can turn off Cutscene QTEs from the main menu. (not in-game menu, has to be the main one).

Purkake4

Banned
ibn Saïd;226133896 said:
never played fallout 1 and 2 to be honest, just familiar with what kind of games they are. the only thing that i played that came close i think was wasteland 2, which i enjoyed quite a lot.

as chance would have it i also know the wasteland series (or at least part 1) is the spiritual predecessor to the fallout games. i assume they are similar mechanically and maybe narratively?
Umm, Wasteland kind of has it's own weird humor thing, Underrail is more like semi-depressing Russian metro-punk. The main gameplay stuff is the turn-based combat, which offers a lot of options and is quite hard. You really have to think about each encounter. In that way it's a bit more like Divinity: Original Sin, maybe.

It also has a lot of exploration, an interesting exploration-based experience system (you gain XP by picking up "oddities" scattered around the world, plus you get some from quests) and a very cool crafting system that lets you tune your gear to your needs (this is quite important, as the combat is pretty tough).

Sorry, I linked the pre-OT before, this is the actual OT.

If you want to increase tour removed game count, this looks like a decent tracker, with which you can sort by Kinguin price:
https://steam-tracker.com/

Also, you can buy the whole Digital Homicide stuff on itch.io:
https://itch.io/s/4833/18-games-wsteam-keys-bundle

too bad they don't have prices listed for mafia 1. were there even 3rd party codes back then when it was on steam?

Umm, Wasteland kind of has it's own weird humor thing, Underrail is more like semi-depressing Russian metro-punk. The main gameplay stuff is the turn-based combat, which offers a lot of options and is quite hard. You really have to think about each encounter. In that way it's a bit more like Divinity: Original Sin, maybe.

It also has a lot of exploration, an interesting exploration-based experience system (you gain XP by picking up "oddities" scattered around the world, plus you get some from quests) and a very cool crafting system that lets you tune your gear to your needs (this is quite important, as the combat is pretty tough).

thanks, that sounds interesting. i'll keep underrail in mind.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ibn Saïd;226134270 said:
too bad they don't have prices listed for mafia 1. were there even 3rd party codes back then when it was on steam?

Before third party keys existed, you could still have unredeemed gift copies--so if I buy The Movies in 2007, gift it to Turd@Fart.Butt, who never redeems it, I can redirect the gift today to someone else. Expect literally $200+ for Mafia.

Are any of you still playing God Eater/2?

I hated it at first, for not being MonHun basically, but it finally clicked with me and now I love it. I am probably about 1/2 way through Resurrection now.

Wok

What Remains of Edith Finch has a store page. Powered by Annapurna Interactive.

Also, there is a new chess game. I imagine it is very weak compared to open-source solutions mixing StockFish and whatever interface, say PyChess, but hey it is on Steam.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

gelf

MSX could be interesting, but hearing this I'm far from confident in anything that comes out of this.
Yeah I'm glad I resisted temptation to subscribe now. Some of the MSX games could be cool but that platform being the height of thier ambition does not fill me with confidence I'd get my moneys worth. I'll just buy the best ones on Steam if they even get that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom