• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoRaider

I am playing Trials of the Blood Dragon (got it on GMG few months ago for the cheap). And i am having a blast!

header.jpg

I was expecting some kind of shitty, broken trash based on the reviews but surprisingly i am having so much fun with it. Finished 8 or 9 "tracks", all of them with grade A or A+ and i don't want this game to end. Some tracks are just to weird and cool. lol
Also music is amazing.

I just assumed that Nier Automata was in the same boat as I am Setsuna (a game that is going to bomb for sure) so Square Enix might as well release it day and date to make as much money as they can.

Teggy

Does anyone have a good guide for which graphics options are most/least expensive? For example (completely out of my butt) putting graphics at ultra but putting contact hardening shadows at low can save a lot of fps, but putting anisotropic filtering at low doesn't. Like a list of how much effect each option and antialiasing has?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does anyone have a good guide for which graphics options are most/least expensive? For example (completely out of my butt) putting graphics at ultra but putting contact hardening shadows at low can save a lot of fps, but putting anisotropic filtering at low doesn't. Like a list of how much effect each option and antialiasing has?

The answer to that is going to vary game to game, but in general shadow quality, MSAA, screenspace reflections and in some cases depth of field are performance killers in modern games. If the game you're playing is set in large spaces, reducing draw distances may also noticeably help.

MadGear

Darksiders low difficulty, especially for its bossfights, easily remains the games biggest flaw to me. It's a great game and I personally prefer it to its sequel but especially the games last boss fight lacks any sense of accomplishment. If they wanted to avoid making him difficult I wish they went with a more interesting design for this encounter. It's a small letdown, one that actually makes me wish a remaster would be more than a minor facelift.

Phawx

Total Removed Games Count : 133 / 458
Total Removed Software/Hardware Count : 0 / 2
Total Purchase Disabled Games Count : 36 / 82

What's that third statistic? Edit: nm, I see what it is

I can join a club?

As of this morning the Steam store won't load in my browser. I think this is browser related rather than Steam related, but I was hoping someone knew what it was. I am using Firefox 50.0.2. The site seems to contact google-analytics.com and stop loading from there?

JaseC

Total Removed Games Count : 133 / 458
Total Purchase Disabled Games Count : 36 / 82

What's that third statistic?

I can join a club?

Games that still have a store page but no purchasable package.

Anteater

nvidia sometimes put out a guide on some popular games, can check those out, they have benchmark and comparison of what each settings do

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides

Durante

Not all of them, but I touched on some in my PC gamer article on optimization:
http://www.pcgamer.com/what-optimization-really-means-in-games/

IamAwake

What is the best way to find out how many games I own on Steam. Should I believe my Steam profile number count or a one of the many SteamDB tools?

JaseC

What is the best way to find out how many games I own on Steam. Should I believe my Steam profile number count or a one of the many SteamDB tools?

SteamDB's tool includes Free on Demand licences while the Steam Community figure does not. Whichever is the accurate one is up to you.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Steam wants my social to keep selling shit on the market? What.

Yes, if you're American you have to provide them that information if you do over 200 transactions so it can be reported to the IRS as income.

Edit:

Actually, to clarify:

Do I have to pay income taxes on the proceeds of sales I make in the Community Market?

Different countries have different rules relating to the taxation of digital transaction. For U.S. citizens and residents, as discussed above, we are obligated to collect certain taxpayer identifying information from those who engage in more than 200 transactions in a calendar year, but no information is reported to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service unless your gross revenues from such sales exceed $20,000. Ultimately, the responsibility for determining any income tax liabilities, which you may or may not have, rests with you. If you are concerned about your liability, you should consult a tax advisor.

So, keep it under $20,000 and it won't be reported to the government.

Steam authentication is the worst! I literally put in the authentication code 2 minutes ago in my browser and put "keep me logged in". I went to 2 or 3 steam pages and now it says I am logged out and I have to log back in and re input my authentication code! I would rather not have this and risk being hacked.

I was thinking about trying to up my removed games collection game. Right now I have 92, and the cutoff to be in the Removed Games Collectors group is 110. Any obvious strategies for hitting the target? I feel like I've gotten most of the still-available-for-purchase stuff, but I'm up to other cheap options. Not really interested in paying say $50 a game or whatever. Also up for shady key sites if that's what it takes. I have global VPN access too, so I can redeem non-US keys.

Of my GAF friends, BernardoOne, Smash88, and kurt russell are the only members.

http://timekillerz.eu/removed/tools.php <-- my user id is "stumpo" so you can see which removed games I own/don't own.

Total Removed Games Count : 103 / 458
Total Purchase Disabled Games Count : 43 / 82
Total Games Count : 5501

So close.

kris.

Banned
Yes, if you're American you have to provide them that information if you do over 200 transactions so it can be reported to the IRS as income.

Edit:

Actually, to clarify:

So, keep it under $20,000 and it won't be reported to the government.

It's a legal requirement:

If you don't live in the US, you just "sign" a digital form declaring as much and the restriction is automatically lifted, unless you previously purchased something from the US store, in which case you have to prove to Valve that you're not actually a US resident for tax purposes.

Interesting. Didn't think of this as income but okay. Thanks for the info, buds!

Teggy

The answer to that is going to vary game to game, but in general shadow quality, MSAA, screenspace reflections and in some cases depth of field are performance killers in modern games. If the game you're playing is set in large spaces, reducing draw distances may also noticeably help.

nvidia sometimes put out a guide on some popular games, can check those out, they have benchmark and comparison of what each settings do

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides

Not all of them, but I touched on some in my PC gamer article on optimization:
http://www.pcgamer.com/what-optimization-really-means-in-games/

Cool, thanks.

Shadow Tactics is out if anyone cares.

I own so many damn tales games, mostly on PS3, I need to start playing them at some point. I want to play Symphonia first.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Turnover -- MB-4E22915ACCE3A9B9 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 12 entrants total.

t1481130965z1.png

Knurek

I mean, I liked Zestiria, and all, even despite Bamco doing anything in their power to make PC players miserable (30 fps lock, framepacing issues, lack of mip-mapping for textures, Symphonia port), but really...
When it comes to C-tier jRPGs, I'd much rather have Trails of Cold Steel on Steam, sorry Berseria.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cool South Park The Fractured but Whole is out guys

>_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom