• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

Since the winter sale is coming up, I just wanted to caution anybody who might be interested in Subnautica to wait a bit. I always liked the look of the game, and I had enough card money lying around on it to pull the trigger during the fall sale, and I kind of wish I had waited a bit. Sure, the game still looks nice, and there's plenty of content, but it's still rather buggy, so much so that there have been several points where I don't know if I'm legitimately stuck in the game or if it's a bug holding me back. For example, you can only take vehicles down to a certain depth before they start taking damage. The first thing you can build is this little one-person sub that can go to about 200m. Eventually, you build a really expensive, huge sub that can supposedly go down to something like 400m. However, once I take the big one down to 200m, the game starts giving me "imminent hull damage" warnings.

Now, I don't know if the in-game database is just out of date, or if it's a bug that the big submarine is starting to take damage too early.

And that's just one of the more game-breaking issues I've come across. There's constant crashes still (and no autosave either, for extra fun!), the game hitches and freezes while you're moving around (especially at a faster-than-swimming pace), and there's just lots of other little bugs and glitches that might not break the game but certainly start piling up the annoyance factor.

It's a shame, too, since the game really could be quite nice. There's a bit of a metroidvania aspect to the survival/crafting of it all (can't go into certain areas or below a certain depth without better equipment, etc), and the parts that aren't buggy are rather polished and pretty.

So as much as I was itching to play it right away, I'm going to have to shelve it until they say that they're done with it and hope for the best, since I'm well outside of the two-hour refund window.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
i want to give away a Steam key, but it appears the NOTHANKS formatting rule is broken, the message Modbot returns to me still shows "I really appreciate thank you messages"...?
Nevermind, I know what I did wrong. I didn't use a carriage return for the NOTHANKS rule. Derp.

Ok this should work now. I really should have gotten the hang of this by now. xD Giving away this spare key that I got from backing Indivisible (I already have the game on PS4).

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Brother: A Tale of Two Sons -- MB-D1B74045A7E34174 - Taken by trailmix16

Sarcasm

Since the winter sale is coming up, I just wanted to caution anybody who might be interested in Subnautica to wait a bit. I always liked the look of the game, and I had enough card money lying around on it to pull the trigger during the fall sale, and I kind of wish I had waited a bit. Sure, the game still looks nice, and there's plenty of content, but it's still rather buggy, so much so that there have been several points where I don't know if I'm legitimately stuck in the game or if it's a bug holding me back. For example, you can only take vehicles down to a certain depth before they start taking damage. The first thing you can build is this little one-person sub that can go to about 200m. Eventually, you build a really expensive, huge sub that can supposedly go down to something like 400m. However, once I take the big one down to 200m, the game starts giving me "imminent hull damage" warnings.

Now, I don't know if the in-game database is just out of date, or if it's a bug that the big submarine is starting to take damage too early.

And that's just one of the more game-breaking issues I've come across. There's constant crashes still (and no autosave either, for extra fun!), the game hitches and freezes while you're moving around (especially at a faster-than-swimming pace), and there's just lots of other little bugs and glitches that might not break the game but certainly start piling up the annoyance factor.

It's a shame, too, since the game really could be quite nice. There's a bit of a metroidvania aspect to the survival/crafting of it all (can't go into certain areas or below a certain depth without better equipment, etc), and the parts that aren't buggy are rather polished and pretty.

So as much as I was itching to play it right away, I'm going to have to shelve it until they say that they're done with it and hope for the best, since I'm well outside of the two-hour refund window.

From when I played you need to build upgrades. One increases depth you can go.

Knurek

And you gave 3/5 stars to Uncharted 4! I hope all of the death threats you got through PM over that was worth it or have you already made peace with your Naughty Gods?

It's one of the worst games I played this year, and the other have had the excuse of being freeware visual novels or being Final Fantasy XIII-2

But XIII-2 is a better game than Uncharted 4.

Not on PC :(

Vlad

From when I played you need to build upgrades. One increases depth you can go.

Yeah, and I've scanned the blueprints to make the upgrades, but I can't seem to actually MAKE the things. They don't show up in the fabricator, and while I have the blueprint for something called a Vehicle Modification Station, the game won't actually let me build it anywhere (it just shows up as red, no matter where I try to place it).

T-Rex.

Banned
Nitroplus Blasterz is good stuff. I mean, as with every fighting game out there, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing but it's still sweet occasionally whooping ass with Saber.

Sarcasm

Yeah, and I've scanned the blueprints to make the upgrades, but I can't seem to actually MAKE the things. They don't show up in the fabricator, and while I have the blueprint for something called a Vehicle Modification Station, the game won't actually let me build it anywhere (it just shows up as red, no matter where I try to place it).

You have a moonpool yet? If not that is why.

chronomac

Had a duplicate from GMG:
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

xheRJRF.gif
Montague's Mount -- MB-61CB1CB2B43BB1AC - Taken by GAMEPROFF
My other mystery game was Titanfall for Origin. So I guess that's cool.

Vlad

You have a moonpool yet? If not that is why.

Nope, can't build one of those yet.

And making that clear to the player is something that the game could do better at. Something like "requires moonpool" on the blueprint for the thing would be rather useful, and eliminate any of the "am I just doing this wrong?" questions.

Either way, the game started crashing on me every few minutes the last time I played, so I'm still done until the next big patch anyway.

voodooray

Anyone else notice changes/problems to the way steam inventories are handled by third party sites?

Both www.steamtradematcher.com and steam.tools/itemvalue/ are no longer working, and the thinking is that Steam are doing things behind the scenes in preparation for the steam winter card drops.

madjoki

Anyone else notice changes/problems to the way steam inventories are handled by third party sites?

Both www.steamtradematcher.com and steam.tools/itemvalue/ are no longer working, and the thinking is that Steam are doing things behind the scenes in preparation for the steam winter card drops.

Steam changed way inventories work, now it loads only partially and full inventory if needed (eg. you expand advanced filters).

Then they made their very strict rate limiting even more strict and ban for going over limit is now way longer than previously.

And new inventory works very badly in Firefox, causing heavy lag/freezes. (Chrome is ok)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
RIP Driver: San Francisco

2016-12-09_19-19-52.jpg

Thanks lashman for the info.

The subs are still up for the time being. Get it while you can.

The timing is amusing as the PC version of Watch Dogs 2 isn't even two weeks old and the in-game Uber equivalent is named... Driver: San Francisco. Yes, really.

And new inventory works very badly in Firefox, causing heavy lag/freezes. (Chrome is ok)

No issues here with the latest version of Firefox.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Finished ESO, well the main story at least, still need to finish up Thieves guild expansion and I havent touched the Orsinium one at all (which looking at the map, seems huge). Apparently the Imperial expansion is mostly pvp stuff so im not touching that with a 10 foot pole.

Anyway, my feelings on the game are well known now so no point in dwdling too much more on it. Last questing zone, story wise, was fantastic and rivals many "normal" rpg zones. They do a neat thing at the end which, and I will spoiler tag this just in case:

actually allows you to do a sort of NG+ which is very strange for a mmo, you get sent to a opposing faction starting zone and are able to play that faction's story with your own character, not losing any skills or anything. This is actually super neat because each faction has a completely unique path towards the end game, they dont share zones at all, which makes leveling through each faction a new experience.

For me tho, I would much rather do this on a new chracter of the apropriate faction (which Im already doing on several other characters anyway lol) because I want to have the lvel up->get new skills->learn new class experince as I level and not just play my almost fully maxed character all over again. Still, super near tho.

Steam says 215 hours, but I know for a fact that some of that is forgeting to close the launcher and what not. My /played on my "main", as in who I finished it with, is at 5 days 2 hours, so lets call it 120 hours or so, for a comparison to a "normal" rpg. I do have several other characters, some of which I played like 20 hours or so (which isnt hard to do on mmo as mmo players know). This will most likely be my last ESO post for awhile unles im replying to someone with specific questions, suffice to say it was money well spent. Probably my GOTY, even if it didnt come out this year. Who would have thought heh.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not sure if this was mentioned yet but:

Namco Bandai is having a sale on Steam keys. 3 games for $30, you have to choose one game from each tier.

Tier 1
  • PAC-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION 2
  • PAC-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION DX
  • RIDGE RACER UNBOUNDED
  • MUD MOTOCROSS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
  • INVERSION
  • ARCADE GAME SERIES: GALAGA
  • ARCADE GAME SERIES: MS. PAC-MAN
  • ARCADE GAME SERIES: PAC-MAN
  • ARCADE GAME SERIES: DIG DUG
Tier 2
  • DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE
  • ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS 3
  • NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: ULTIMATE NINJA STORM 3 FULL BURST
  • DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE - SEASON PASS
  • DARK SOULS II: SEASON PASS DLC
  • TALES OF SYMPHONIA
  • PAC-MAN MUSEUM
  • PAC-MAN AND THE GHOSTLY ADVENTURES
  • ENSLAVED: ODYSSEY TO THE WEST - PREMIUM EDITION
  • ACE COMBAT ASSAULT HORIZON ENHANCED EDITION
  • NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: ULTIMATE NINJA STORM 4 SEASON PASS
Tier 3
  • SAINT SEIYA: SOLDIERS' SOUL
  • TALES OF ZESTIRIA
  • WARHAMMER 40K: ETERNAL CRUSADE
  • PROJECT CARS
  • ONE PIECE: BURNING BLOOD
  • NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: ULTIMATE NINJA STORM 4
  • NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: ULTIMATE NINJA STORM REVOLUTION
  • GOD EATER 2: RAGE BURST

Tier 3 includes God Eater 2 or Warhammer Eternal Crusade so it's actually pretty decent of a deal.

Annubis

Namco Bandai is having a sale on Steam keys. 3 games for $30, you have to choose one game from each tier.

Tier 3 includes God Eater 2 or Warhammer Eternal Crusade so it's actually pretty decent of a deal.

If Berseria was in there, I would have been all over it.

Tizoc

I'd like to try out EC, but I have most of those titles :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
would buy if it was 3 games from tier3 >_>

I might have bought Galaga or Dig Dug if there were discounts on individual games.

Finished ESO, well the main story at least, still need to finish up Thieves guild expansion and I havent touched the Orsinium one at all (which looking at the map, seems huge).

How hard is the last dungeon or whatever for the story? I was saving it because I wanted to level up some before trying it, but then I stopped playing for a while and now everything scales with your level. I don't think my build is that great so I worry it might be a pain now.

Rhaknar

How hard is the last dungeon or whatever for the story? I was saving it because I wanted to level up some before trying it, but then I stopped playing for a while and now everything scales with your level. I don't think my build is that great so I worry it might be a pain now.

err the last quest is the easiest quest because
you are super overpowered from the amulet of kings
. but there is a whole zone before you can actually do that last quest,
Coldhrbor

ESO makes 39 on the whole 52 games thing, oh well. I really thought I was going to do it this year too there for awhile, around mid way through the year I was actually playing and finishing a lot of games, but then I got into the hundred+ hour / never ending games (Overwatch, WoW Legion, Dungeon Fighter Online and now Eso. And some Marvel Heroes here and there as usual) and...well :/

oh I guess its 40 games actually since ive put about 40 hours into Eternal CCG too, forgot that one.

Ascheroth

Note that God Eater 2 also includes God Eater Resurrection.

Can't build a good bundle with those tiers considering the games I already own, welp.

Burt

Is Eternal Crusade any good? The Steam reviews make it sound pretty rough, and in a more detailed way than you usually see with troll-dump reviews.

Deques

Seems doesn't work for me :(

edit: It worked :D

edit 2: no keys :/

edit 3: keys appeared

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey Jshackles, How do I get the nightly of ES

Well it's not so much of a "nightly" since I don't push changes every day, but the development branch can be found here:

https://github.com/jshackles/Enhanced_Steam/tree/dev

You can follow the "manual" installation instructions found in the readme file:

• Clone this repo to a folder on your computer. You can choose either the master / stable or dev / unstable branch.
  • Open up the 'Extensions' tab in Chrome's Settings.
  • Tick 'Developer Mode' in the top right corner of the screen
  • Click 'Load unpacked extension...' and navigate to where you cloned the repo
  • Enjoy using Enhanced Steam!

It's easier to stay updated if you use Git or even the Github app for windows. If you run into any issues, let me know.

Ludens

Banned
tumblr_nlfw4dAxxN1shmei5o3_r1_500.gif

Do you remember when I posted this a lot of times saying FFXV was a game based on "the money"?

Well, everytime something from devs leak, it confirms the theory. The game is so full of plot holes it doesn't make sense, plus SE cut a lot of cplayable contents already done because of reasons.

The fact they are adding back some cutscenes clearly states how early access is the game right now. Maybe the Steam release in two years will provide the full game. Maybe.

shockdude

Wait why is Driver: San Francisco being delisted?

It's a solid arcade racer. Never figured out how to properly drift around corners, but w/e.
The sidequest storyline of the two boys kinda-accidentally entering the street racing scene was pretty funny.

Grief.exe

Looks like Nixxes is still doing significant work on Deus Ex Mankind Divided.

Just noticed that the Linux version doesn't have the Denuvo DRM. Neat little workaround there.

Lomax

I bought and played Driver San Francisco on uPlay for a dollar years ago, it was the game that first made me install uPlay. Was well worth the hassle, great little game.

Is Eternal Crusade any good? The Steam reviews make it sound pretty rough, and in a more detailed way than you usually see with troll-dump reviews.

It's not good, sadly. The game has nothing to do with the promises they made at the beginning, and it's full of bugs and balance issues.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait why is Driver: San Francisco being delisted?

It released in 2011 and has licensed music/vehicles.

It's likely related to amount of inventory items.

Yeah, that came to mind, so I sifted through a random trader's inventory (23,000+ items) rather than my own.

San Fran is still purchasable thru or for UPlay at least right?

The subs are still up on Steam for the moment.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8744/
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8746/

Burt

It's not good, sadly. The game has nothing to do with the promises they made at the beginning, and it's full of bugs and balance issues.

Shame. I just finished Space Marine for the first time recently and would love some sort of follow up. That trailer had my hopes up for a few seconds when that jump pack kicked on.

Wok

Card money keeps flowing. After 10 days, almost 30€. Still 1500 cards to sell.

GwOhNho.png

Yeah, that came to mind, so I sifted through a random trader's inventory (23,000+ items) rather than my own.

Does that imply that you have more than 23k items?

Edit: Nope. I am clueless about what you meant.

I cannot buy a game for more than it was during its last sale. Otherwise, I would already have bought Contradiction, but no, I still remember missing that offer by BundleStars.

jshackles

I cannot buy a game for more than it was during its last sale. Otherwise, I would already have bought Contradiction.

I don't know about Driver, but it's probably time to chuck that rule in the bin when it comes to Contradiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom