• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this was reported yet but the next expansion to The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Afterbirth+, is coming out on Jan 3 for Steam. It'll be priced at 9.99 with a discount price of $6.66 to those that own the previous DLC.

More of the details here.

Don't know if this was reported yet but the next expansion to The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Afterbirth+, is coming out on Jan 3 for Steam. It'll be priced at 9.99 with a discount price of $6.66 to those that own the previous DLC.

More of the details here.

Are they finally gonna give the first Afterbirth DLC a decent discount?

Wok

FeelsGood.

iDfsV3W.png

wWOymR3.png

TC6yuTd.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I cannot buy a game for more than it was during its last sale. Otherwise, I would already have bought Contradiction, but no, I still remember missing that offer by BundleStars.

Driver is actually a ton of fun, in no small part due to the possession mechanic the game is built around. Swallow that bitter pill before it's gone for good!

Volimar

Finished ESO, well the main story at least, still need to finish up Thieves guild expansion and I havent touched the Orsinium one at all (which looking at the map, seems huge). Apparently the Imperial expansion is mostly pvp stuff so im not touching that with a 10 foot pole.

Anyway, my feelings on the game are well known now so no point in dwdling too much more on it. Last questing zone, story wise, was fantastic and rivals many "normal" rpg zones. They do a neat thing at the end which, and I will spoiler tag this just in case:

actually allows you to do a sort of NG+ which is very strange for a mmo, you get sent to a opposing faction starting zone and are able to play that faction's story with your own character, not losing any skills or anything. This is actually super neat because each faction has a completely unique path towards the end game, they dont share zones at all, which makes leveling through each faction a new experience.

For me tho, I would much rather do this on a new chracter of the apropriate faction (which Im already doing on several other characters anyway lol) because I want to have the lvel up->get new skills->learn new class experince as I level and not just play my almost fully maxed character all over again. Still, super near tho.

Steam says 215 hours, but I know for a fact that some of that is forgeting to close the launcher and what not. My /played on my "main", as in who I finished it with, is at 5 days 2 hours, so lets call it 120 hours or so, for a comparison to a "normal" rpg. I do have several other characters, some of which I played like 20 hours or so (which isnt hard to do on mmo as mmo players know). This will most likely be my last ESO post for awhile unles im replying to someone with specific questions, suffice to say it was money well spent. Probably my GOTY, even if it didnt come out this year. Who would have thought heh.

Now that you've gone to Coldharbour, if your smithing/tailoring/woodworking skills aren't maxed yet you can just grab weapons and armors that are laying around the shops in The Hollow City and deconstruct them. They're free to pick up and won't count as stealing, even from the player guild shop stalls. Most of the time you won't get any materials from deconstructing (and nothing from selling them), but each time raises your crafting skills a tiny bit and you can basically just relog and keep doing it until your skills are maxed. By the time you get to Coldharbour you're probably already maxed or close to it though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Now that you've gone to Coldharbour, if your smithing/tailoring/woodworking skills aren't maxed yet you can just grab weapons and armors that are laying around the shops in The Hollow City and deconstruct them. They're free to pick up and won't count as stealing, even from the player guild shop stalls. Most of the time you won't get any materials from deconstructing (and nothing from selling them), but each time raises your crafting skills a tiny bit and you can basically just relog and keep doing it until your skills are maxed. By the time you get to Coldharbour you're probably already maxed or close to it though.

I completely ignored crafting ;_;

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Replaying Splinter Cell Chaos Theory after almost a decade...

For me the best stealth game out there (alongside Thief 2)!

didamangi

I cannot buy a game for more than it was during its last sale. Otherwise, I would already have bought Contradiction, but no, I still remember missing that offer by BundleStars.

Do it. You don't want a blur/wolfenstein regrets later on :p

Tizoc

The Last of Brutal Legend said:
No Comment said:

Might go about clearing more sub missions to get enough points to get more upgrades. Really feels like the first half ot he game got the most development in terms of plot and characters as opposed to the 2nd half.
Also I should consider looking up the artbook.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I finished Owlboy. It's the first game that suckered me with amazing graphics in a long time. I remember being younger and graphics being a huge sell point to me. Of course, I got over that. Owlboy, though, brought it out in me for the first time in ages. It has such charm, though. You really want to like it. But at the end of the day, man, what forgettable and mediocre gameplay. What a waste of what could have been a masterpiece.

Mivey

I felt like Owlboy was setting up a sequel, with the way it ended. Was I the only one?

Also, while I don't feel the game is truly great, it never disappointed me either. I guess I really wasn't expecting much beside nice graphics.

Phawx

Man, selling trading cards is a hassle again.

Jshackles, so your new update to ES is working, however it looks like Valve maybe doing some things to suppress some of the automatic thing you have going on. Sometimes I have to click the card twice or three times before I'll have a "Quick Sell" or "Instant Sell" thing pop up.

Edit: Can I make a feature request? Could you put some settings in the options field to "auto quick sell" when a inventory item is clicked on? Obviously put disclaimers or even hide it behind a Konami code or something, but it would make my life grand.

Edit edit: Yea looks like I have to wait until I get the notification on my phone before I can reliably sell the next inventory item.

FoneBone

I'm in that boat... I've had Driver in my wishlist for a while, but there's no way I can stomach paying a full $20 (much more than I usually spend on a game) for a game that's been on sale for $5 multiple times. Hoping it gets one of those pre-delist sales like a few other games.

Phawx

I'm in that boat... I've had Driver in my wishlist for a while, but there's no way I can stomach paying a full $20 (much more than I usually spend on a game) for a game that's been on sale for $5 multiple times. Hoping it gets one of those pre-delist sales like a few other games.

It's already been delisted.

Looks like Nixxes is still doing significant work on Deus Ex Mankind Divided.

Just noticed that the Linux version doesn't have the Denuvo DRM. Neat little workaround there.
How about Windows? Also is the performance great yet because while I played at 60fps and 1080p just fine, I was kind of hoping my 1070 could push it more. Sadly still on 1080p :(

Wok

Humble Store uses traits to filter games, rather than categories or tags. No idea what the difference is, but this website is all about that:

I did it with the multi-sell option of Steam Inventory Expert, and the only hassle was clicking the confirmation links in Gmail, which I automated using AutoHotKey (I'm not clicking 2000 times).

Phawx

I did it with the multi-sell option of Steam Inventory Expert, and the only hassle was clicking the confirmation links in Gmail, which I automated using AutoHotKey (I'm not clicking 2000 times).

Did you do this after the recent Steam update that seemingly disabled Steam Inventory Expert?

Tellaerin

tumblr_nlfw4dAxxN1shmei5o3_r1_500.gif

Do you remember when I posted this a lot of times saying FFXV was a game based on "the money"?

Well, everytime something from devs leak, it confirms the theory. The game is so full of plot holes it doesn't make sense, plus SE cut a lot of cplayable contents already done because of reasons.

The fact they are adding back some cutscenes clearly states how early access is the game right now. Maybe the Steam release in two years will provide the full game. Maybe.

Ludens, man... did this game shoot your parents and make you grow up to be Batman or something? Seriously, it seems to be really personal with you and FFXV for some reason. What's up with that?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Jshackles, so your new update to ES is working, however it looks like Valve maybe doing some things to suppress some of the automatic thing you have going on. Sometimes I have to click the card twice or three times before I'll have a "Quick Sell" or "Instant Sell" thing pop up.

Edit: Can I make a feature request? Could you put some settings in the options field to "auto quick sell" when a inventory item is clicked on? Obviously put disclaimers or even hide it behind a Konami code or something, but it would make my life grand.

Edit edit: Yea looks like I have to wait until I get the notification on my phone before I can reliably sell the next inventory item.

There could be a few factors in play here: first of all, I have no doubt that one of the intended side effects of these updates is to try and cut down on the amount of inventory / market automation that is happening. Thankfully Enhanced Steam only has a few of these functions that broke, I can only imagine how much some of the other devs might be scrambling. What really sucks is that the Steam Inventory Expert (the SIH clone before they sold out) won't work in it's current iteration ever again so either some nice developers will need to update it or people will have to go back to the original source that's... not recommended, by me at least.

Secondly, after you first install Enhanced Steam (which by sideloading it you more or less did) there is a lot of stuff it fetches in the background while it's setting up it's cache and data profile. There are some features (such as this one) that rely on that data being set up correctly before it works with 100% efficiency, so it could be that.

Lastly, I understand that having an "auto quick sell" feature would be handy, but if I'm going to set up that level of automation to begin with, I'd prefer to extend that out to just the ability to select multiple items and sell them all at once. Auto sell (even behind the immortal Konami code) sounds like a recipe for support nightmares.

madjoki

EU price 9,99€ is bit better than that. (Norway is even cheaper)

Yeah, that came to mind, so I sifted through a random trader's inventory (23,000+ items) rather than my own.

I have more than that, though.

I did it 2 weeks ago, but I also used it again yesterday for about 10 cards.

It was updated ~20 hours ago. Basically broke every script etc.

Tizoc

I felt like Owlboy was setting up a sequel, with the way it ended. Was I the only one?

Also, while I don't feel the game is truly great, it never disappointed me either. I guess I really wasn't expecting much beside nice graphics.

From the looks of it Owlboy likely intended to have more of its setting explored, as is though they could only tell the plot up til what we've seen so far, but yes it does fele like it's setting up for a sequel. I do hope we may get to play it in our lifetime :p

Phawx

There could be a few factors in play here: first of all, I have no doubt that one of the intended side effects of these updates is to try and cut down on the amount of inventory / market automation that is happening. Thankfully Enhanced Steam only has a few of these functions that broke, I can only imagine how much some of the other devs might be scrambling. What really sucks is that the Steam Inventory Expert (the SIH clone before they sold out) won't work in it's current iteration ever again so either some nice developers will need to update it or people will have to go back to the original source that's... not recommended, by me at least.

Secondly, after you first install Enhanced Steam (which by sideloading it you more or less did) there is a lot of stuff it fetches in the background while it's setting up it's cache and data profile. There are some features (such as this one) that rely on that data being set up correctly before it works with 100% efficiency, so it could be that.

Lastly, I understand that having an "auto quick sell" feature would be handy, but if I'm going to set up that level of automation to begin with, I'd prefer to extend that out to just the ability to select multiple items and sell them all at once. Auto sell (even behind the immortal Konami code) sounds like a recipe for support nightmares.

Understood. Thanks man.

Is Steam Inventory Helper safe to use again? I'm out of the loop. I liked it for being able to click a button to add all cards to a trade offer at once.

You can manually install Steam Inventory Expert. But it seems to be broken, at least for me.

Wok

What really sucks is that the Steam Inventory Expert (the SIH clone before they sold out) won't work in it's current iteration ever again so either some nice developers will need to update it or people will have to go back to the original source that's... not recommended, by me at least.

What do you mean? Am I risking to get banned, or is it a more casual risk?

Yep, just tried it now. SIH is not selecting any cards when I try.

It was updated ~20 hours ago. Basically broke every script etc.

OMG. Thank you for encouraging me to sell my 2k cards 2 weeks ago.

You can manually install Steam Inventory Expert. But it seems to be broken, at least for me.

I confirm it does not work anymore.

rtcn63

Gameplay will always take a backseat to graphics with regards to hype. It's easier to impress people's eyes, especially pre-release than something interactive, tangible, but still potentially subjective.

xist

Has cards....although you probably already have it....

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xist, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Heckabomb -- MB-7593A5E2A63C6A89 - Taken by Purkake4

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What do you mean? Am I risking to get banned, or is it a more casual risk?

There isn't too much of a risk of ban, but people need to understand that these programs (including Enhanced Steam) have access to data that would allow the program to impersonate you on Steam in addition to tons of other things you wouldn't really think of.

For example, a rogue extension that has access to Steam's domains would have the ability to initiate a transfer from your account to someone else's without your knowledge - which used to happen a lot and it's why Valve has trading and market actions locked behind two factor authentication now which is why you should really pay attention to what you're confirming.

The risk here is more in that the extension can (and probably will?) add advertising to the Steam store or at the very least tracking cookies (think Google Analytics type stuff). Nothing particularly harmful, per se, but not exactly desirable either.

With Enhanced Steam, all of the source code is available on Github and I do my best to make sure it's in as readable format as possible - I want people to know that it isn't doing anything shady.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Is Steam Inventory Helper safe to use again? I'm out of the loop. I liked it for being able to click a button to add all cards to a trade offer at once.

Open source is, but isn't working for me anymore :(

Enhanced steam never had an option to sell cards for me either?

NeoRaider

Strange thing happened to me today. When Lara Croft GO was released i put it on my wishlist, but didn't really want to buy it. And today when i opened Steam, one of my Steam friends gifted the game to me. I was really surprised because this never happened to me before. Really nice surprise, and i am happy to play LC GO for the 2nd time, this time on my PC...
when they decide to release that Sony exclusive expansion.

MUnited83

For you.
The one good thing about breaking SIE/SIH is that card prices will pick up a bit for people that can't be arsed to list cards individually.

The answer is always music licensing or show/character licensing

not always, especially in Ubisoft's case.

It's extremely common of them to remove games as their forums start filling up with people complaining about the games being broken, crashing, not being able to start and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom