• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as costumes, it's not that they can't do it themselves, they simply don't want to.

This is like people saying Nintendo should hire the AM2R guy. Nintendo could make a 2D Metroid if they wanted to, but they don't.

Vamphuntr

RE6 is the campaign that everyone wanted to love but there simply wasn't enough cheap rum on the planet.

Anyone remember RE6 at launch? How obtuse climbing rope (or anything) was? How no one was told that you could use both analog sticks for circular QTE's?

Oh my god that rope QTE made no sense with both buttons in the prompt flashing like Christmas lights.

rtcn63

DS4window fucked up on me again. Hid the DS4 in the options since it was the only way to get games with native DS4 support to see the controller (Warmastered). I re-enabled it later and no matter what I do, the controller doesn't get detected. Even re-installed the drivers.

So anyways, giving Inputmapper a shot. It detects the controller, but whenever I enter the application, it says Inputmapper has stopped working... but it hasn't. The application doesn't even close. Also the tray icon is invisible until you click on it.

EDIT: I might have to update my .Net Framework. But I can't do it yet without restarting WIndows. Will wait.

Phawx

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I seemingly lost the ability to quick sell trading cards.

Anyone know what the deal is?

sadblob

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I seemingly lost the ability to quick sell trading cards.

I think Jshackles said there was a bug in Firefox and he had to disable it.

EDIT: here is the quote

Are you using Firefox or Chrome? I had to disable the instant sell feature in Firefox for the time being due to a bug that was introduced in Firefox 50.

KingKong

Quantum Break is a really rough game. I don't know what Remedy were thinking with that one. The worst part is how awful the checkpoints are as you have to replay the awful platforming sections when you instadie as soon as you barely touch an object

Quantum Break is a really rough game. I don't know what Remedy were thinking with that one. The worst part is how awful the checkpoints are as you have to replay the awful platforming sections when you instadie as soon as you barely touch an object
I'll have to get around the game one day. Uninstalled it days after launch because of how awful it looked. Can you disable upscaling in UWP version now?

Grief.exe

DS4window fucked up on me again. Hid the DS4 in the options since it was the only way to get games with native DS4 support to see the controller (Warmastered). I re-enabled it later and no matter what I do, the controller doesn't get detected. Even re-installed the drivers.

So anyways, giving Inputmapper a shot. It detects the controller, but whenever I enter the application, it says Inputmapper has stopped working... but it hasn't. The application doesn't even close. Also the tray icon is invisible until you click on it.

EDIT: I might have to update my .Net Framework. But I can't do it yet without restarting WIndows. Will wait.

ZH14KM7.gif

Woah, seems Disgaea 1 is nearing 100K owners!
http://steamspy.com/app/405900
Also Disgaea 2 has a few beta testers playing it if Steamspy shows its owner count.

Damn that's seriously impressive.

rtcn63

Strangely, I last updated Windows 7 in September, and the latest version of Net Framework came out in like July. It could also be Precision X since inputmatter uses GPU resources, but it's not like I can turn that off because of the fan control.

fallout

Definitely in the pile of "totally forgot it came out in 2016" pile for me. I feel like I barely heard anything about it after it was released.

Total Warhammer seems to be a hidden daily deal at 25% off. First discount the game has gotten since launch I believe. And there are 20% coupons floating around that stack with this bringing the final discount to 40% off.

Total Warhammer seems to be a hidden daily deal at 25% off. First discount the game has gotten since launch I believe. And there are 20% coupons floating around that stack with this bringing the final discount to 40% off.

The Wood Elf DLC just released. It's probably to coincide with that.

And speaking of Total Warhammer, I don't think any of the DLCs have gone on sale post-release. It must be doing super well.

And you can get the 20% off coupon from any Games Workshop physical shop. All you've gotta do is ask. It comes with the Grombrindal DLC.

rtcn63

I didn't like Andy Garfield's Spider-Man. They were pushing too hard to make him this awkward teenager that you were supposed to feel sorry for and/or identify with.

This new one.. his face is very angular.

Momentary

Banned
Nitro+ is pretty good. I'm enjoying Homura, Saber, and Ethica. The game seems pretty easy to pick up. But none of the mechanics are explained at all unfortunately. Is there some kind of site to learn what the heck everything does?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Actually, it looks like Valve changed the entire structure of g_ActiveInventory. These functions will need to be rewritten to facilitate those changes.

This is probably why the other extensions also broke.

EDIT: A fix is available in the dev branch if anyone wants to help me test it.

Oreoleo

Uh.. Steam has native DS4 support now. Can't you configure it in BPM like a Steam controller?

Knurek

Uh.. Steam has native DS4 support now. Can't you configure it in BPM like a Steam controller?

Steam Beta has native DS4 support.
(Latest) Steam Beta crashes when you plug in a gamepad.
So... Not for now.
(Also, BPM sucks donkey balls. Enjoy Steam constantly crashing after random amount of time, taking down the game with it)

Oreoleo

So... Not for now.
(Also, BPM sucks donkey balls. Enjoy Steam constantly crashing after random amount of time, taking down the game with it)
Ah okay, my bad.

BPM is lame in that it's kinda sluggish to navigate and generally not suited for a desktop environment but, I've never had BPM crash a game on me. Might be a beta thing? I switched over to the stable branch back in February or so after they screwed up a Steam controller update.

Nabs

So... Not for now.

the latest beta fixed the gamepad crashing

Burt

It's not that near.

I'm like 60 hours in and... about to go back to get
Uma

There is such a thing as a game having too much.

Originally, I was mad I only got the base game for $20 instead of +both DLCs for $30.

But now I'm pretty happy I held off.

Wok

Something for collectors to keep an eye on. Starlight Drifter http://store.steampowered.com/app/326060/ is an early access game that got removed at the end of October because they were no longer going to be working on it, then they said they would put it back up for sale when it was further along, then they said it was not going to be worked on again and they wouldn't put it back up for sale, and today they put it back up for sale and said they'll continue working on it. So they might finish and release the game or it might get removed again, no idea.

Coreda

Capcom should def consider this, free fanmade alts would go really well

It's a modified port of a SFIV costume, no? Looks great. Seems like the enhancements are what makes it.

All the times I've played SFIV I've been creamed and it didn't click like with the 2D versions so never really paid much attention to SFV. Plus heard all kinds of criticisms of it here. Sad, really as on the surface looks pretty decent.

Wok

Something for collectors to keep an eye on. Starlight Drifter http://store.steampowered.com/app/326060/ is an early access game that got removed at the end of October because they were no longer going to be working on it, then they said they would put it back up for sale when it was further along, then they said it was not going to be worked on again and they wouldn't put it back up for sale, and today they put it back up for sale and said they'll continue working on it. So they might finish and release the game or it might get removed again, no idea.

lol

Some people are not happy.

SiLD8wS.png

And the other one too.

YmYOhew.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom