• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anno

Total Warhammer and the new, $19 expansion are in the top 3 globally, the other $19 expansion and another $8 mini-expansion are in the top 35. That game must be banking and probably will for years to come.

Sarcasm

This is the final stop, after that Edmund is giving the development over to the community. This is the final polish, if you would.

I am still byuing it even though I suck at it and haven't 100%.

Though at least I got most or all of the characters.

Should I even buy it?

Purkake4

Banned
I am still byuing it even though I suck at it and haven't 100%.

Though at least I got most or all of the characters.

Should I even buy it?
It's making the best twin stick shooter as good as it can be, of course you should.

Hopefully they'll be better with the weird ass ARG stuff this time.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Total Warhammer and the new, $19 expansion are in the top 3 globally, the other $19 expansion and another $8 mini-expansion are in the top 35. That game must be banking and probably will for years to come.
eagerly awaiting winter seal... have no rts games really

Tizoc

eagerly awaiting winter seal... have no rts games really

Make sure to get Age of Empires series and its successor games.

I want to get TW Warhammer mainly for the Orks'.

Speaking of Warhammer, I've gotten an interest in W40K Books and have started collecting them.
I should finish up my Space Marine playthrough soon someday :v

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 9.1. This release includes the following new features and bug fixes:
  • Added DRM detection for games utilizing Denuvo Antitamper DRM
  • Added home page customization with the ability to hide particular sections
  • Added an option as to whether you would like your wallet balance show in the header of community pages
  • Updated the quick sell and instant sell buttons to use the new inventory data layout Valve created
  • Updated external site icons with higher resolution versions
  • Fixed a bug that caused some "season packs" to incorrectly show a split calculation
  • Fixed a bug where metacritic user scores weren't displaying correctly with the new layout
This update is available for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Chrome users should see the extension update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes. Firefox users will update on their browser's regular update schedule, or by selecting "Check for updates" on their addons screen.

Tellaerin

It's making the best twin stick shooter as good as it can be, of course you should.

Hopefully they'll be better with the weird ass ARG stuff this time.

I really wish I could get into Isaac. On paper, I should love it. It has a ton of elements I like in games The aesthetic and theme just kill the whole thing for me, though. It's just a downer experience :x

Purkake4

Banned
I really wish I could get into Isaac. On paper, I should love it. It has a ton of elements I like in games The aesthetic and theme just kill the whole thing for me, though. It's just a downer experience :x
You can try Enter the Gungeon, it has similar-ish gameplay but a totally different aesthetic.

Wok

Good lord selling cards without an authenticator is a real pain.

With Gmail, you can only sell 100 trading cards every few hours, because the rest of the confirmation mails are blocked.

Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 9.1.

I have just downloaded version 9.1 for Firefox. The extension has improved quite a bit since the last time I tried it, I really like the page for the settings. I originally uninstalled it on Firefox at that time when the Firefox version was lagging behind the Chrome version, and also because it used to make the Market page lag for me. Now, all of this is a ton more responsive.

However, I don't see any quick sell option for the inventory. :'(

You can try Enter the Gungeon, it has similar-ish gameplay but a totally different aesthetic.

Seconded. I wanted to like BoI but just couldn't get into it. Really liked Gungeon though.

illusionary

Remember that misprice on Civ VI on Games Republic a couple of weeks ago? (I know that I spent far too long trying to get it, without success...) Well, things haven't gone well for them since: http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1213

----------------
Games Republic store is going down before the end of 2016

Digital store Games Republic is soon going to be closed. Despite some interesting ideas, the platform failed to turn profit for its owner - Polish 11 bit studios.

Digital games store Games Republic is going to be closed before the end of this year. Such information has came from 11 bit studios – Poland-based game developer known for This War of Mine and the owner of Games Republic – via Bankier.pl (available in Polish). What are the reasons behind this decision? Well, as it usually is, it’s all about money. The board of the company evaluated that the platform’s financial results are unsatisfactory and there are no perspectives for changing that in the coming months.

----------------

I have to wonder how much of a factor that misprice episode might have been in leading to this, considering both the financial and reputational hit that they'll have taken.

MUnited83

For you.
Remember that misprice on Civ VI on Games Republic a couple of weeks ago? (I know that I spent far too long trying to get it, without success...) Well, things haven't gone well for them since: http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1213

----------------
Games Republic store is going down before the end of 2016

Digital store Games Republic is soon going to be closed. Despite some interesting ideas, the platform failed to turn profit for its owner - Polish 11 bit studios.

Digital games store Games Republic is going to be closed before the end of this year. Such information has came from 11 bit studios – Poland-based game developer known for This War of Mine and the owner of Games Republic – via Bankier.pl (available in Polish). What are the reasons behind this decision? Well, as it usually is, it’s all about money. The board of the company evaluated that the platform’s financial results are unsatisfactory and there are no perspectives for changing that in the coming months.

----------------

I have to wonder how much of a factor that misprice episode might have been in leading to this, considering both the financial and reputational hit that they'll have taken.
they didn't honor the price and refunded people so i don't think the misprice had anything to do with it. Might have taken a hit on transaction fees but they would have to be ridiculously short on money already for those fees to matter in the long run.

Just started playing Star Ocean 5. It does looking pretty good for an anime-styled game, one of the best looking in fact if I'm not counting FF games. Tales, Atelier, etc look like PS3 games compared to this. I wonder if (or when) it'll come to Steam. It'll look amazing on 4K. It's been months already.

Sch1sm

How goes the Winter, Steam GAF?

Finished 3 games yesterday, figured I'd share a short feeling about them all:

Game's actually on sale right now, CDN$0.54/USD$0.49. Simple, fast paced arcade type. 3D Dodger. Only one set of controls, and that's WASD or arrow keys, in order to dodge the red blocks/lines that are coming at you. Its a bit painful to discern direction at first, feels like an illusion sometimes. The DLC is the original game on acid, because nothing looks right. Like a channel with a lot of noise because the signal is a mess. Pretty much all reaction time + hand-eye coordination
that I apparently have none of

Really liked it. Music is still stuck in my head.

header.jpg

Point & click with really simple puzzles. Guess it was less for the puzzles, though. There's definitely crazy attention to backdrop/art and sounds + the soundtrack. Tight controls. Those things are where it shines. Super short, wouldn't say buy it at $9.99. Got it on sale for $2.49 last sale, seems the right price for a game that isn't more than 1.5hrs. x: Probably would have done a little better with some narration. Also has a shitty save system, if you want to quit in the middle of a world (Forest/Mountain/Ocean). You'll lose all your progress if you quit during, no save option, and there's no warning? Careful.

Easily the weirdest game I've played to day, and this is coming off my general boredom with Tengami. Never thought a point & click would make me feel anything, let alone what this one did. And this one just made me feel like the. Devil himself. I looked past the fact it was all animals. I looked past how macabre it can be. But
electrocuting the baby bird 6 times
is where I drew the line. Fucking wild shit. And that ending. I love me some dark humour, but this just messed me up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I did like the puzzles in this. "Puzzles," since the hints are available around the room you're in.

---

oh, I also finally took a hack at Skullgirls, and jeez, was I missing out.

They put store pages up for the Zootopia stuff, I wonder if that was unintentional since they weren't supposed to be coming to PC. I know the gold version is out now but I hope they at least put the Zootopia DLC up for sale for the old version since it was never available before.

Ganado

I actually tried to redeem a Steam copy of one of the 3.0 sets when the purchases were removed, but it wouldn't add to my account.

So who's gonna buy me one of them? :V

Did you activate the the game first? You need to have gotten the free sub in your account for it to work. That's what I did and thus got it for 2 bucks, woohoo.

No achievements though

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Knights of Pen & Paper 2 -- MB-31D5029DEAEF028C - Taken by Loptous. 19 entrants total.

t1481379890z1.png

DeputyVanHalen

Neo Member
Just started playing Star Ocean 5. It does looking pretty good for an anime-styled game, one of the best looking in fact if I'm not counting FF games. Tales, Atelier, etc look like PS3 games compared to this. I wonder if (or when) it'll come to Steam. It'll look amazing on 4K. It's been months already.

I'd like to see it come to Steam too, but it's really tough to predict what games without Final Fantasy in the title from the Japanese side of Square Enix are going to do.

I'm intrigued by the Disney Infinity bundle. I'll give it a few days to see if everything works properly and what people think before buying though.

illusionary

they didn't honor the price and refunded people so i don't think the misprice had anything to do with it. Might have taken a hit on transaction fees but they would have to be ridiculously short on money already for those fees to matter in the long run.
Well, yes, but those who redeemed their Steam keys kept them (as well as receiving a refund), despite the initial messages to the effect that the keys were to be revoked - and from what I can tell, this was the case for a fairly significant number of people. They also got a lot of 'outraged' negative reviews from those involved, which can't have helped either.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have more than that, though.

No slowdown or intermittent freezing when browsing your inventory, either. We can keep going up if you want, but I think it's safe to say that the new system is in fact not mildly incompatible with Firefox. ;) I mean, I'm sure the issues you have are real, however it stands to reason that if they were due to Firefox's innate inability to handle the scripting, then they'd be affecting Firefox users in general.

OMG Mankind Divided has the longest unskippable credits ever.

[AAA Ubi game] would have words, although these days you can either fast-forward or skip them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom