• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
i want to give away a Steam key, but it appears the NOTHANKS formatting rule is broken, the message Modbot returns to me still shows "I really appreciate thank you messages"...?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Read the thread title fam...
t1482429600z0.png

oh fuck how could I miss it

Tizoc

I've never actually played one of those before, my prior experience in fighting games is most of the DOA series, Skullgirls, Darkstalkers 3, and uh Smash Bros. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Skullgirls and ds3 are anime fighters and inspired nitroplus and its ilk

Valve and fixing bugs.

For a long time, if you pay in RMB (chinese currency) and had a coupon that made the game like 30,xx RMB, you couldnt. There would always be a transaction error, even though your steamwallet can have "cents".
Their fix:

Round it up. So if it would have been 30,25 RMB, now you have to pay 31 RMB. I mean is not much, but I wonder if they didnt have a clue how to fix the bug and just said "Fuck it. We do it like that."

Laura Shigihara makes games?

It shows developer and publisher: Laura Shigihara. At least I know she is heavily involved in the project.

Rakuen looks very interesting
You should make a threa for it over at gd

There are two threads already:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1238113

And another one I remember but cant find.

Also some funny thing:

Tayutama 2 is on Steam, published by the Chinese publisher on Steam with the okay from the japanese publisher:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/552280/

header.jpg

But only available in Japanese (for whatever reason, because its not available in Japan) and Chinese.

Nzyme32

house9wsl6.png

Lol, as if this thread wasn't already pretty clear in what Knurek recommends :p

Steam may not have failed me. Even blocking VNs from my front page can't prevent a Knurek recommendation - which is good, since I have now essentially heavily editorialised all VNs via Knurek

AHA-Lambda

Sorry, off topic, but...
Yay, I got a new fancy graduate job! And I only just graduated 2 weeks ago too!! :D

So happy for more money for Steam games :p
Even if I will have less time to play them now =/

I'm this close to avatar change.
*thiiiiiis* close.

Damn. Yeah, I need to get on to this.

Playing Original Sin just now though, tbh finding it really hard to get into. Thinking of using trainers or something frankly >_>
There, back on topic :p

voodooray

This early access title sporting Mirror's Edge style mechanics caught my eye:

Downward is a first-person open-world parkour adventure set in the medieval ruins of a post-apocalyptic Planet Earth. You must master body, mind, and spirit -- for agility, precision, and determination are the only tools that will help you make sense of this world and change your fate...

Nzyme32

Brigador is pretty fucking dope guys

Yes. Yes it is.

After years of waiting for it to release, and then many months of it being pushed aside by other games that got in the way for me, it's great to finally get round to it and find it's awesome.

Definitely worth picking up the groupees for it

Knurek

Steam may not have failed me. Even blocking VNs from my front page can't prevent a Knurek recommendation - which is good, since I have now essentially heavily editorialised all VNs via Knurek

I'm flattered, but I'm just one person, who can not play more than... 80 games per year.
You need other people suggesting good VNs as well. :)

Sarcasm

Yes. Yes it is.

After years of waiting for it to release, and then many months of it being pushed aside by other games that got in the way for me, it's great to finally get round to it and find it's awesome.

Definitely worth picking up the groupees for it

I can't find it there....

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

EM: Shader Attack -- MB-3326578C38EA6120 - Taken by chronomac
Daily Chthonicle: Editor's Edition -- MB-02C5D89885C71C8C - Taken by madjoki
Darkness Assault plus DLC -- MB-1B3F0E4F9704B1E6 - Taken by Saty
Sig.Null -- MB-588D25B31D7E7E8B - Taken by voodooray
Explosionade -- MB-9CCAF03915E5450D - Taken by Tapejara
Dynamic -- MB-247F5B0AFBE037EF - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Abduction Action Plus -- MB-B221B428795DB95D - Taken by Vuze
Pinball Thrills Triple Pack -- MB-009F82914EA1D938 - Taken by bobnowhere
Russian Superhero Dead Ivan -- MB-22216A8822246797 - Taken by ThirtyFour
Mirrored - Chapter 1 -- MB-3D7C9024A7CCE9FC - Taken by redlacs
Fairies vs. Darklings: Arcane Edition -- MB-C2425200799F369F - Taken by bloke
Game Type -- MB-67887E49D477EDD9 - Taken by Hakkelus
RED Fuse: Rolling Explosive Device -- MB-CCB7FF74CCEDF7B6 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Knights of Pen & Paper 2 -- MB-31D5029DEAEF028C - Taken by Loptous. 19 entrants total.

t1481379890z1.png

Durante

Interesting.
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun is #1 in my local top seller list but barely in the top 10 globally. That's the most significant difference between the two that I can remember.

Interesting.
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun is #1 in my local top seller list but barely in the top 10 globally. That's the most significant difference between the two that I can remember.

Shadow Tactics is #4 in my Top Sellers and I'm not logged in so it includes the items I have. It looks very interesting so I'm definitely wishlisting it.

Another interesting game is Rakuen. Love Laura's music work so I'm hoping the game matches her great soundtrack work. It looks like a fun RPG adventure romp.

Shadow Tactics is Number 4 in Australia.

I am thoroughly enjoying the game. Getting to the end of a level and seeing the challenges/achievements that are possible really shows how crazily good the level design and enemy placement is.

Definite sleeper hit for me.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
damn, looks like Shadow Tactics is legit

after that Westworld finale
wtf Samurai World
it makes me wanna buy it

Shadow Tactics is Number 4 in Australia.
I am thoroughly enjoying the game. Getting to the end of a level and seeing the challenges/achievements that are possible really shows how crazily good the level design and enemy placement is.

Yeah, seeing all the challenges makes me want to go back and re-try all the missions a bunch of different ways after I finish the game, which is something I almost never do. I also like that while some of them are the usual "skill" based challenges, others force you to really think outside the box, especially some of the "route" ones (i.e. "complete the level without ever touching the river" or "complete the level without using the rooftops")

I think it's easy to forget just how powerful using "shadow time" to queue up commands from multiple party members can be. And, man, when you pull off something spectacular using it that executes like clock work it feels *so* *good*

fenners

Brigador is pretty fucking dope guys

I was utterly happy to spend a big Groupees coin on it & the soundtracks. It's really quite engaging & fun. And the music, if you like that synthy style (a la Stranger Things), is nice too.

Well worth a look at.

Sarcasm

I was utterly happy to spend a big Groupees coin on it & the soundtracks. It's really quite engaging & fun. And the music, if you like that synthy style (a la Stranger Things), is nice too.

Well worth a look at.

I have 7.22 in coins, how do I use them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom