• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

[AAA Ubi game] would have words, although these days you can either fast-forward or skip them.

I was hitting all the buttons on the controller and then went to the keyboard, hoping I was just missing the secret skip button. No speeding up using the sticks, either. Then there was a mid credits scene and then even more unskippable credits at least as long if not longer than the first section.

Jimrpg

Remember that misprice on Civ VI on Games Republic a couple of weeks ago? (I know that I spent far too long trying to get it, without success...) Well, things haven't gone well for them since: http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1213

----------------
Games Republic store is going down before the end of 2016

Digital store Games Republic is soon going to be closed. Despite some interesting ideas, the platform failed to turn profit for its owner - Polish 11 bit studios.

Digital games store Games Republic is going to be closed before the end of this year. Such information has came from 11 bit studios – Poland-based game developer known for This War of Mine and the owner of Games Republic – via Bankier.pl (available in Polish). What are the reasons behind this decision? Well, as it usually is, it’s all about money. The board of the company evaluated that the platform’s financial results are unsatisfactory and there are no perspectives for changing that in the coming months.

----------------

I have to wonder how much of a factor that misprice episode might have been in leading to this, considering both the financial and reputational hit that they'll have taken.

That's interesting. Goes to show how little profit the store front gets for each game. It's always looked to me like the publishers call the shots and the store fronts have little leverage on deals for games. Plus the business of an online store front is just way too competitive given, Steam have their own official sales, GOG and all the other platforms have their own sales AND there are so many sites like Green Man Gaming and the like trying to sell people games. Not to mention cd key sites like Kinguin eating their lunch too. I've noticed some people trying to start up their own sites, but I don't really see how they can do well unless they are based somewhere where they can get region free games at the lowest world wide price possible, something I think CDKeys is doing now being based in the middle east.

As for the misprice of CIV VI, I doubt that had much of an effect. If they were profitable, they wouldn't be closing it down.

Lain

Well, yes, but those who redeemed their Steam keys kept them (as well as receiving a refund), despite the initial messages to the effect that the keys were to be revoked - and from what I can tell, this was the case for a fairly significant number of people. They also got a lot of 'outraged' negative reviews from those involved, which can't have helped either.

Takes time to remove all the keys from everyone's account but in time all the keys will be revoked.

Uraizen

Banned
http://store.steampowered.com/app/389730/

header.jpg

Why did you mention Tekken? Is there something new on the store page I'm not seeing?

Amzin

Welp, I thought I liked Hard West, but trying to play Chapter 2 has pretty much ruled out me trying to finish it ever. It starts off with a two-part level, the second part being pretty hard, and if you die you have to start over from the beginning of the first part for literally no reason. So I tried twice and failed and I don't have any urge to play through the minutes of prerequisite level that has no impact on the second part before trying the second part again.

What an idiotic checkpoint that is.

Lain

I finally got around to try the Wolcen alpha and I can't really say I'm impressed with what's right there for now. It also runs quite badly on my 1070 lol.

Got around to play Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero also and it was fun. Locked 60fps with only drops when I entered a new area because of the game suddenly saving. Fox Engine rocks.
I noticed a weird thing tho, right as I started playing:
The shadow from that cabin would be visible only at no zoom/full zoom when using the binoculars. Such a strange thing.

madjoki

Another important question, version 3 includes everything from the previous versions?

Everything but playsets according to this

No slowdown or intermittent freezing when browsing your inventory, either. We can keep going up if you want, but I think it's safe to say that the new system is in fact not mildly incompatible with Firefox. ;) I mean, I'm sure the issues you have are real, however it stands to reason that if they were due to Firefox's innate inability to handle the scripting, then they'd be affecting Firefox users in general.

For me Firefox has always been way worse on script heavy sites. I thought it might have something to do with my profile/extensions, but is also present on clean profile.

Monooboe

So I impulse bought Final Fantasy XV when at the grocery store haha, first Final Fantasy for me since VIII! I'm really loving it, there is just something about it that just makes me happy and smile while playing it. But yeah it really needs to be on PC and Steam specificly, since on Xbox it's very blurry and pixelated with staircaises everywhere... but I kind of like the bit where the on the team has been taking photographs during the day and that would be nice to at least share some on Steam.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
http://store.steampowered.com/app/539350

This is an ESL disaster in so many ways, but perhaps worst is that the purchase box says "Buy Journey" even though the game's name is "Ball of Light" -- I don't think it would hurt Steam to police basic English language stuff on store pages. One idea: leverage the people who are already working for free on Steam translations to check all store pages by first time developers registered in a country with a language other than English as the first language.

Mivey

http://store.steampowered.com/app/539350

This is an ESL disaster in so many ways, but perhaps worst is that the purchase box says "Buy Journey" even though the game's name is "Ball of Light" -- I don't think it would hurt Steam to police basic English language stuff on store pages. One idea: leverage the people who are already working for free on Steam translations to check all store pages by first time developers registered in a country with a language other than English as the first language.
BE CFREFUL!
You must decide with whom to fight,
but whom you must to pass by and not to fight in battle,
because energy may not be enough,
and have to start the level over again.

It's like a poem. This piece of art should be supported, not vandalized by proper use of English.

Lain

Started playing the new Shantae (1/2 genie hero) and the game has screen tearing for me. I set a profile in both nvidia inspector and the normal nvidia panel to force vsync but the tearing is still there. I'm wondering if it's because the game works in borderless windowed mode instead of fullscreen, although borderless windowed mode should have vsync working by default? Anyways, any suggestion on how to force some vsync on the game?

Wok

What is Disney Infinity Gold and why are there three editions?

Also, why would I need 1.0 and 2.0 if 3.0 is supersedes both?

BnKgXd1.png

Wok

3.0 doesn't include playsets (story content) from 2.0 or 1.0.

They're basically the main games plus all the latest DLC/content included.

Okay, so 3.0 contains all the skins but does not contain all the levels.

And I've just read that 1.0 skins cannot be used in subsequent levels (2.0 and 3.0)... Ditto for 2.0 skins which cannot be used in subsequent (3.0) levels... so it would mean that the 1.0 and 2.0 skins included in the 3.0 edition are completely useless. Weird.

madjoki

isnt Infinity dead tho?

Old version are dead, that's why they released new gold versions that are offline only.

Okay, so 3.0 contains all the skins but does not contain all the levels.

And I've just read that 1.0 skins cannot be used in subsequent levels (2.0 and 3.0)... Ditto for 2.0 skins which cannot be used in subsequent (3.0) levels... so it would mean that the 1.0 and 2.0 skins included in the 3.0 edition are completely useless. Weird.

Skins work, playsets do not.

Nzyme32

I finally got around to try the Wolcen alpha and I can't really say I'm impressed with what's right there for now. It also runs quite badly on my 1070 lol.

Got around to play Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero also and it was fun. Locked 60fps with only drops when I entered a new area because of the game suddenly saving. Fox Engine rocks.
I noticed a weird thing tho, right as I started playing:

The shadow from that cabin would be visible only at no zoom/full zoom when using the binoculars. Such a strange thing.

Irc MGS GZ / V also have interesting quirks regarding rendering resolution. The higher your resolution, the greater the draw distance / lod / shadow draw distance etc.

Basically, you can downsample for nice improvements or use a mod somewhere that will do it at any resolution.

Ascheroth

After 2 years, I'm finally nearing the end of Valkyria Chronicles, whoooo!
I really like the game's artstyle and underlying gameplay and the story is nothing amazing, but neat.
But there are a couple of elements I really dislike. One, some levels are just shit design. Thinking about the tank boss here especially.
Second, I loathe how speed is encouraged above everything else. I know it's kind of my fault for having slight OCD for being as efficient as possible during a first playthrough, but A rank gives so many rewards it's hard to willingly not at least try to get it - which then means scout rushes, save scumming and single unit abuse instead of working with your entire team. Gaahhh.

Tizoc

neat, can remove the bloom in prince of persia using gedosato

before

after

oh shit let's go
, come on yakuza 0

Thing is, isn't New Year's generally a holiday for most companies? I can see them announcing something in January but that could mean anywhen :V

how did u remove the bloom using gedosato?

Ascheroth

Thing is, isn't New Year's generally a holiday for most companies? I can see them announcing something in January but that could mean anywhen :V

They probably mean Chinese New Year, which would be 28th January :p
Or you could interpret it as 'in the New Year' = 'sometime in 2017'.

Just say something SEGA

Anteater

probably after the holidays

adding injectPSHash 7c645767 to its profile in gedosato will disable both the hud and bloom, haven't really tested it for long tho

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Knights of Pen & Paper 2 -- MB-31D5029DEAEF028C - Taken by Loptous. 19 entrants total.

t1481379890z1.png

Ascheroth

Playing Valkyria Chronicles again has made me realize that it's really been 2 years since the last SEGA non-sonic console port and we don't even know what they have in the pipeline.

NISA has released 5 PC-ports this year alone and already has 9 announced releases for 2017.
IFI has released 10 ports since the beginning of 2015.

Expecting something from SEGA is truly an exercise in frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom