• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing Valkyria Chronicles again has made me realize that it's really been 2 years since the last SEGA non-sonic console port and we don't even know what they have in the pipeline.

NISA has released 5 PC-ports this year alone and already has 9 announced releases for 2017.
IFI has released 10 ports since the beginning of 2015.

Expecting something from SEGA is truly an exercise in frustration.

Spike Chunsoft has 5 releases already in 2016 and is planning even more in 2017.
Sega clearly fucked up not building momentum following VC's success.
And no, these things dont take that much time.

Knurek

Playing Valkyria Chronicles again has made me realize that it's really been 2 years since the last SEGA non-sonic console port and we don't even know what they have in the pipeline.

Oh, we know, we know.
Sonic 2006.
Sonic Heroes.
Shadow the Hedgehog.

It's what Steam users want from the company.

Tizoc

Sonic Colors is great but not necessary. We can emulate it easily. What people wants are games you can not access on PC and that'd benefit from higher res and better framerate.
But we got the wii ver of little king's story ;)
Here are the likely candidates
Yakuza 1+2 hd
Yakuza 0
Platinum selection
Shenmue 1+2
Some stuff from their xbox/gc library

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was hitting all the buttons on the controller and then went to the keyboard, hoping I was just missing the secret skip button. No speeding up using the sticks, either. Then there was a mid credits scene and then even more unskippable credits at least as long if not longer than the first section.

Oh, I was referring to Ubi games specifically.

rtcn63

Why do reviewers make videos of themselves explaining why they gave a game a certain score? Shouldn't that be (mostly) inferred/deduced from the review itself?

JaseC

For me Firefox has always been way worse on script heavy sites. I thought it might have something to do with my profile/extensions, but is also present on clean profile.

I agree -- there are times where I'll grow impatient and just open up the same page in Internet Explorer -- but I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary browsing Steam inventories, either on my PC or laptop, the latter of which is still running a months-old version of Firefox as the update notification seems to only ever appear when I'm actually navigating a page and so I just ignore it, haha. Again, though, I don't doubt that you're experiencing the issues yourself, just merely making the point that Firefox can, or rather should, handle the new system just fine.

I still can't invite people to groups using Firefox, though! The issue has existed for so long now that it's circled back to being amusing.

Edit: Ah, bugger, I was supposed to edit this into my previous post.

Tizoc

Technobabylon is really good, everybody should play it.

I've been saying that since release.
Here's another one in case you didn't give away it's key from the Monthly Bundle: Kathy Rain.

In general Wadjet Eye does some of the best PNC games, check out Shardlight their latest game, released this year.

Wok

For me Firefox has always been way worse on script heavy sites. I thought it might have something to do with my profile/extensions, but is also present on clean profile.

It has to do with extensions. For instance, these stuff are nasty if I remember right:

QSSAFrB.png
0Tn1cDD.png

"Make the web faster", lol, not on Steam Market...

These too, despite being coded by EFF people :

sVUVVOD.png
xsW17O1.png

It took me some time to find a suite of extensions that would not completely slow down Firefox, and I am really happy with what I have selected now:

Also, make sure to disable the Market Summary in Enhanced Steam, this is dragging the loading time of the page by a huge margin.

I've been saying that since release.
Here's another one in case you didn't give away it's key from the Monthly Bundle: Kathy Rain.

In general Wadjet Eye does some of the best PNC games, check out Shardlight their latest game, released this year.
Not subscribed to humble monthly, I'll get Kathy Rain when it goes for sale or is bundled again.

Orgen

Finished oxenfree before spending one week in Bratislava and Vienna. What a lovely city is Vienna now with its Christmas markets, totally recommended :D

Oxenfree was a better experience than my last telltale games (TWD season 2 and michonne). Now to complete a new game+ to see a different ending

Platy

Did anyone bought the Disney Infinity Gold editions ?

What is the difference of toys to life version of the games ?

How does the character choice works ?

edit : just saw I somehow completly missed the discussion on the other page o_O

Tizoc

Conan O'Brien and a German dominatrix.

They're great but wouldn't make it to Bayonetta 1 on PC.

Instead we'd probably get Sonic, a ancient Roman warrior and a suit so she could be a football manager.

Why would you assume Bayo would get cosplay outfits of anything? The modders could mod whatever the hell outfits they want into the game once they figure the method for that.

But we got the wii ver of little king's story ;)
Here are the likely candidates
Yakuza 1+2 hd
Yakuza 0
Platinum selection
Shenmue 1+2
Some stuff from their xbox/gc library

And I'm happy we did. Since it's not an easy game to emulate. I wouldn't make "likely" candidates list. Sega doesn't seem to have an idea on what people want and I suspect Valkyria Chronicles was just us being REALLYYYYY lucky.

When?! They were about to drop some bombs "later this year" too.

It seems easier for me to just not give a shit till they actually announce something specific

Yeah, I totally can't get excited either.
I mean like of they're announced I'm all hype as long as they don't suck but it's been so long and they couldn't even be bothered to announce certain games. If they have low sales I don't have much to say except Sega fucked up yet another thing but that's also why they're anemic currently, so no surprises.

I'm tired of being strung along when Capcom and much smaller Japanese publishers are very upfront with what they got and don't do the carrot and stick approach.

Tizoc

This game should totally be part of Gamepump's first year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu_pNnEymLY

And I'm happy we did. Since it's not an easy game to emulate. I wouldn't make "likely" candidates list. Sega doesn't seem to have an idea on what people want and I suspect Valkyria Chronicles was just us being REALLYYYYY lucky.

You really need to stop posting shit you'll be flipping 180 over eventually. I been telling you this for months :V

I mean like of they're announced I'm all hype as long as they don't suck but it's been so long and they couldn't even be bothered to announce certain games. If they have low sales I don't have much to say except Sega fucked up yet another thing but that's also why they're anemic currently, so no surprises.

I'm tired of being strung along when Capcom and much smaller Japanese publishers are very upfront with what they got and don't do the carrot and stick approach.

They have tighter NDA than the NX.
Let that sink in for a while.

rtcn63

Speaking of dogs, does Trico remind anyone else of Clifford the Big Red Dog?

Clifford.jpg

Without the being as an overt symbol for Communism bit, I mean

Nzyme32

Hype around any game is stupid imo. I mean, I can look forward to an upcoming game, but I'm never so uncontrollably excited that I'm feral "hype" about it as others are. There are already too many games for me to get through that I rarely buy many "day 1" games bar some super obvious ones I know I want and will play. In that sense, it is hard to feel like I'm "stung along" for anything.

Parsnip

It has to do with extensions. For instance, these stuff are nasty if I remember right:

QSSAFrB.png
0Tn1cDD.png

"Make the web faster", lol, not on Steam Market...

These too, despite being coded by EFF people :

sVUVVOD.png
xsW17O1.png

It took me some time to find a suite of extensions that would not completely slow down Firefox, and I am really happy with what I have selected now:

Also, make sure to disable the Market Summary in Enhanced Steam, this is dragging the loading time of the page by a huge margin.
That's a lot of extensions.

madjoki

It has to do with extensions.

Yeah I'm aware of extensions making it slower and that why I avoid them as much as possible and only use couple.

But even with clean profile, it's still so slow it's painful.

Market works well for me with Firefox.

Hype around any game is stupid imo. I mean, I can look forward to an upcoming game, but I'm never so uncontrollably excited that I'm feral "hype" about it as others are. There are already too many games for me to get through that I rarely buy many "day 1" games bar some super obvious ones I know I want and will play. In that sense, it is hard to feel like I'm "stung along" for anything.
To each their own but Vanquish was a masterpiece and still better than most games released in the last few years so I'm beyond excited to play with PC advantages. Really that's all I'm here for on the Sega train, and it was one of, if not the biggest, push of the original campaign.

I'll gladly buy all their other ports day one as well because I'm not buying any games at launch unless they're like under $40 and I know Sega can't possibly screw up pricing right?

Look at Capcom, they got it down. REmake? 0? Dead Rising? Marvel vs Capcom 3? Dogma? $20, $25, $30... They know what they're doing and get it done. I wish Sega would do that.

JaseC

It looks like they've yanked the old version from my account? My daughter was rather annoyed when she went to play it this morning & it was gone completely from my PC.

The servers were shut down at the end of September, so the original releases of 2.0 and 3.0 are now, technically, unreleased games. But:

- If you bought Disney Infinity 2.0, you now own 2.0 Gold
- If you bought any DLC for 3.0, you now own 3.0 Gold, and
- 1.0 is now available for the first time on Steam as, you guessed it, a Gold Edition re-release

The Gold Editions are special offline-only versions of the games that have all of the DLC unlocked.

Wok

If you are into card games, you ought to try Duelyst and Eternal. Both are free, generous in terms of starter decks, free boosters and arenas, and a ton better strategy-wise than Hearthstone.

That's a lot of extensions.

And this just shows that Firefox works fine as long as you don't have the faulty extensions.

Yeah I'm aware of extensions making it slower and that why I avoid them as much as possible and only use couple.

But even with clean profile, it's still so slow it's painful.

Market works well for me with Firefox.

Are you sure you don't have some Windows background process eating all your CPU or RAM? Or at least, you have more than 8 GB RAM, right? I have had some bad experiences with Firefox on a laptop with faulty Windows processes using 99% of the CPU for Windows Update, etc.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Eternal is the best card game available right now imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom