• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
ImtvpWq.png

Amazing. An old school install size.
The game is just the best of old school to me. Maybe that's why I like it so much. It plays fast, controls feel really tight, art is simple but with some style. As a counter, Salt and Sanctuary is a terrible take on what a 2D Dark Souls should be. That game felt like a piggyback cash in rather than an inspiration by. Its low-fidelity graphics and unintelligible mix of different art styles, all of them badly executed... Not a fan.

I haven't played the other Momodora games but I hear they've developed and progressed into the sublime 4 fantastically. You can really see the dev improving. That's really cool to hear.

Started using my friend's Steam inventory sell script since SIH doesn't work anymore. Works well enough so far, just one click of a button to sell all cards at once.

patapuf

Momodora was a great 7 hour throwback to old metroidvania-style games.

You could also play Vladis story but that's much longer (and harder, at least for me)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Momodora was a great 7 hour throwback to old metroidvania-style games.

You could also play Vladis story but that's much longer (and harder, at least for me)

Momo 4 is 10 hours long? I take back what I said then, I thought it was another shortie like 3

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Toussaint is really quite pretty.

Toussaint is indeed easy on the eyes, but it bothered me that, in contrast to the other regions, very few of the buildings can be entered. The illusion that you're exploring what could be a real world is shattered when you come across, say, another small village and yet again virtually if not literally every door is locked. The region feels like a giant film set, really -- more artifice than the pursuit of reality.

Wok

Dota2 is such a time sink.

It took me 3h30 to read the patch notes.

I'm not even talking about playing the game.

Edit: I forgot to read the two comics released with the patch notes.

Cards money keep coming to me, and there are about 1300 cards still listed. In the end, I might have 120 € from trading cards only.

In celebration of my not being banned anymore, here's some total shit. Plus one game someone might want if they missed the giveaway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

HUNTSMAN THE ORPHANAGE STEAM #2 -- MB-287F21F60805D511 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
CHAINSAW WARRIOR LORDS OF THE NIGHT STEAM -- MB-247826EE0181B22B - Taken by ThirtyFour
HUNTSMAN THE ORPHANAGE -- MB-F231C20C80EB71A6 - Taken by Costa1774
BARROW HILL CURSE OF THE ANCIENT CIRCLE STEAM -- MB-46C7CDBE59ED7193 - Taken by Kifimbo
BARROW HILL CURSE OF THE ANCIENT CIRCLE -- MB-F262D8E86D0FD166 - Taken by Rockin' Ranger
PGP3OVL.png
Neverwinter Nights Diamond GOG -- MB-D9873C566CA1292F - Taken by gurm3n
HUNTSMAN THE ORPHANAGE STEAM -- MB-5CF866E5572A877D - Taken by krczt23
PLANET DRILLER STEAM -- MB-EA4B8DF9ECAFF18A - Taken by Purkake4
NIGHTMARE COOPERATIVE STEAM -- MB-1E12F1D106783CE0 - Taken by darkchewie

xezuru

Pretty offtopic question but does anyone know if you can just use a normal male mic cord (the normal pc red audio port one) and use it with a headset port such as the one on a ps4 controller. I am aware they're different poles and such but would be really convenient if it worked out.

Sarcasm

Pretty offtopic question but does anyone know if you can just use a normal male mic cord (the normal pc red audio port one) and use it with a headset port such as the one on a ps4 controller. I am aware they're different poles and such but would be really convenient if it worked out.

If it is the kind where both mic and headphones are on one jack, then yes you should be able to use it. Won't have mic though.

xezuru

If it is the kind where both mic and headphones are on one jack, then yes you should be able to use it. Won't have mic though.

I meant the other way around, if I use the mic-only red cable and put it into the PS4 headset port would I be able to speak?

MRORANGE

I mad e athread about this, but it's useful to state this hear as well, since Steam is a DD service as well:

======================================
Adobe just tried to con me out of £98-120

Digital software licenses are BS

adobe subscription terms.

This is a short transcript of my conversation to one of the reps who wanted to charge me a leaving fee even though I was in the 14 day refund window of a new contract started at a new rate (bold - me, rep - italics) :

Could I come back in jan 2 and then cancel? and will get the 15.49 rate on Jan 3?
If you accept the offer of three free months then you will not get charged in January,February and March month.
If you come back at that time then there will be an early termination fee,which is 50% of remaining months payment.

I don't think you understand, the reason why i want to be billed on jan 2 is the fact I get paid then and all my other bills come at the same time.
I am asking you if I can canecl next month on jan 2 and get the 15.49 rate which would start on Jan 3

You can cancel it but you have to pay the early termination fee at that time.
how much is that?
Your early termination fee will be GBP 120.51
If I can cancel now I won't be charged this correct?
Let me check please stay online.
Yes if you cancel now there will be also an early termination fee.

how much?
These are the best offers which I provided to you,you can take this offer now because these offers are only available for sometime.
I will talk later.
Please stay online.
I am really sorry for the wrong information.
If you cancel your subscription on 02/02/2017 then the early termination fee will be GBP 98.6 and if you cancel now then it will be GBP 120.51

If you cancel your subscription on 02/001/2017 then the early termination fee will be GBP 98.6 and if you cancel now then it will be GBP 120.51
I apologize for my mistake.

This goes against Consumer Rights Act 2015 UK
unfair terms in a contract;
how services should match up to what has been agreed, and what should happen when they do not, or when they are not provided with reasonable care and skill.

If you cancel your subscription on 01 January 2017 then fee will be GBP 98.6
the contract was given to me on a month basis
I understood the first year as contractyal
I request you to please visit this link www.adobe.com/misc/subscription_terms.html
As per the terms this was an annual commitment with an auto renewal policy accepted at the time of purchase.

Yes I am ona month to month contract so I should be able to cancel at any poiint with no charge.
Your subscription is on a annual commitment with monthly billing.
Are we still connected ?

hang on: " If you cancel within 14 days of your order, you’ll be fully refunded. Should you cancel after 14 days, you’ll be charged 50% of your remaining contract obligation and your service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period. Cancellations can be made any time by visiting your Manage Account page or by contacting Customer Support in your region."
It's not even 14 days I can cancel with a full refund

May I know you still want to cancel your subscription and looking for refund ?
WIll i get the reund and not be charged the fee as I am in the 14 day period? WIll I not be charged the fee now?
Yes
so no fee?
yes there will be no fee and I will provide you the refund also.
yes this is what I want, I would also like a a email transaction of this conversation as proof.
please stay online ,it will take few minutes to do the required changes in your account.
Yes you will receive the email also

Thanks.
I done the required changes in your account and provided you the refund also.
And you will receive the refund with in 5-7 business days.

Thanks
This is the case number **************** please save it for future reference.
You may receive an email with our Customer Feedback Survey. The survey takes less than 2 minutes and I would really appreciate your feedback.
Is there anything else I can help you with?

just send email of this conversation please, that is all. Thanks

Really pissed me off, it if wasn't for the fact that the rep didn't list the TOS and I if I hadn't read it I would have lost quite a bit of money. They pretty much shot themselves in to foot by giving me that link.

Remember always read the TOS and stand up for your consumer rights.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I mad e athread about this, but it's useful to state this hear as well, since Steam is a DD service as well:

This is a short transcript of my conversation to one of the reps who wanted to charge me a leaving fee even though I was in the 14 day refund window of a new contract started at a new rate (bold - me, rep - italics) :

Really pissed me off, it if wasn't for the fact that the rep didn't list the TOS and I if I hadn't read it I would have lost quite a bit of money. They pretty much shot themselves in to foot by giving me that link.

Good for you. I'd try to raise that issue higher. The rep clearly doesn't know what he or she is doing.

MRORANGE

Good for you. I'd try to raise that issue higher. The rep clearly doesn't know what he or she is doing.

Thanks, I'm really inclined to report it to TSA or another agency but it's a bit convoluted on who I report this too as it's a DD service.outside of UK.

Nzyme32

The same arse fuck company whose CEO dodges question about absurd price hikes in countries like Australia like a fucking ninja. Slimy as fuck company - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78yigV0GYGQ

Anno

Man Dota is super weird now. 2400 hours played and I feel like I have to now relearn half of it lol. It's great.

I also can't imagine how much money the new hat/map hat will make.

xezuru

Momentary

Banned
What is the state of playing Symphonia right now? Last I heard the fix made it look amazing but it still ran on subpar crappy framerates. Used to love this specific tales so hopefully the combination of Bandai patch + fix fixes everything.

It still runs at 30FPS but it doesn't have crappy stuttering due to the TSfix.

rtcn63

Veteran is basically "normal". You see it in quite a few games now, I think it's for people who are fairly new to a genre or consider gaming a mostly casual past time but still have an aversion to playing on "easy". (It's a psychological thing)

Play Grim on veteran if you want any semblance of challenge. Whether you like the game depends on how much you enjoyed Diablo 2 and Torchlight, and aren't exactly against more of the same.

Veteran is basically "normal". You see it in quite a few games now, I think it's for people who are fairly new to a genre or consider gaming a mostly casual past time but still have an aversion to playing on "easy". (It's a psychological thing)

Play Grim on veteran if you want any semblance of challenge. Whether you like the game depends on how much you enjoyed Diablo 2 and Torchlight, and aren't exactly against more of the same.

Cool, thanks! Definitely going for Veteran.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom