• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

After getting deeper into Aragami and getting some powers I'm really liking it. Hoping it holds up for another 10 chapters.

rtcn63

Wonder what Geoff gets him every year

Someone who'll listen

3121509-4357109084-confe.jpg

Arcsys really fucked up the steam release of Revelator, releasing 6 months late for $50 with a measly 10% discount (10 more if you own Sign!)

hell, they're locking Kum and Dizzy behind paid DLC when console gamers got them for free by buying early

I expect 20,000 owners on steamspy, and then they'll go "WELL IT'S CLEAR YOU GUYZ DON'T WANT MORE GUILTY GEAR YOU'RE CUT OFF"

Jawmuncher

There are a couple linear levels that are good. The combat is trash and the open world is trash. Literally every change they made was for the worse.

I do agree with that.
Didn't like the open world stuff, and forcing combat was a mistake.
I played it on Xbox One through EA Access, and the game is easily a 20 or less title and no more.

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Intergalactic Bubbles -- MB-818CBD3B5A3D421F - Taken by ExoSoul

illusionary

After getting deeper into Aragami and getting some powers I'm really liking it. Hoping it holds up for another 10 chapters.

Aside from the 'boss' chapters, it very much does. I'm not sure how much of a 'completionist' approach you're taking, but if you're looking to earn all of the seals, don't be afraid to move on and come back to attempt them once you've upgraded your powers further.

Teggy

Aside from the 'boss' chapters, it very much does. I'm not sure how much of a 'completionist' approach you're taking, but if you're looking to earn all of the seals, don't be afraid to move on and come back to attempt them once you've upgraded your powers further.

Yeah, when I first started the game it seemed like doing a total ghost run would be very difficult without some of the powers, so I started over allowing kills (and found bodies if absolutely necessary) and I'll go back and do replays if I want. Right now I'm having a ton of fun zipping around in the shadows and doing stealth kills. The shadow dragon kill is so cool...

Pachimari

There's this, but I don't think there's a complete project to restore the original sprites. I remember reading about one but I believe it's on standby for now.

EDIT: here is the project.

Thanks for this. I'll check it out!

The deblur filter alone brings the sprites up to a good enough level that the original sprites are nearly redundant.

This is great to hear!

[edit] Okay, where can I find the font for Final Fantasy VI? I can't get their download link to work.

[edit] Is it normal that there's no sound during the intro of FFVI?

Parsnip

http://www.lorenzostanco.com/lab/steam/ is such a god-send.
Was searching for something new to play and I was in the mood for a short little action adventure, which led me to Mini Ninjas, which I apparently own since 2 years but probably wrote off as just another bundle game since I never heard of it.

Well, it turns out the game is really good.
It's a fun little action-adventure, with open levels that allow for a lot of exploration. Simple, but fun combat and a number of playable characters you unlock and can switch between on the fly.
It seems that it also came out during a time where x-vision wasn't really a thing yet, so the collectibles are actually designed in a way that they stand out from the environment, but you also have a spell jutsu that allows you to possess an animal and while in animal form collectibles are even more visible.
Game is also nice enough to show you what you can find in each level and what you already found. Levels can also be revisited from the menu, so no complete missables.

And for a 7 year old game, the graphics really hold up.

Makes me wonder what other surprises my library has in store for me.

Mini Ninjas was always such an odd little thing. I remember when I first heard about it and I was like, Hitman and Kane & Lynch devs made a game with cute little ninjas?

Is there an article or somewhere I can check that covers that major updates to the Steam controller since release?

I think this lists all the significant updates.
http://store.steampowered.com/controller/update/nov16

Arcsys really fucked up the steam release of Revelator, releasing 6 months late for $50 with a measly 10% discount (10 more if you own Sign!)

hell, they're locking Kum and Dizzy behind paid DLC when console gamers got them for free by buying early

I expect 20,000 owners on steamspy, and then they'll go "WELL IT'S CLEAR YOU GUYZ DON'T WANT MORE GUILTY GEAR YOU'RE CUT OFF"
good riddance

Like square their games should only be bought at $5 since they are so sure of their double dip strat

Finished the Witcher 3 DLCs last night. Took about 50-55 hours to complete them both (with a fairly completionist mindset) so it's definitely great value for money for the price of the season pass. Hearts of Stone had a very interesting antagonist and some really fun quests including a heist, a haunted house and a wedding that had me smiling throughout. Blood & Wine felt like a completely standalone, separate entry to the main game. New region, new quests/contracts/treasure hunts, new Gwent set and tournament, new armor... it was the full Witcher experience shrunk to a third of the size of Wild Hunt. I'm not sure if it was engine/lighting enhancements or a deliberate choice by the artists, but Toussaint had this surreal, vibrant, other-worldy feel to it. It looks absolutely gorgeous and still the best looking open world around I'd say.

Both expansions were extremely fun to play and I don't even know why I put it off for so long.

There are a couple linear levels that are good. The combat is trash and the open world is trash. Literally every change they made was for the worse.

The handcrafted main missions are pretty decent but the open world is extremely dull. And it's weird because you'd think an open world would be the perfect fit for a game focused on parkour. I feel like Mirrors Edge 2 was a low priority passion project for DICE and resources were probably regularly pulled away from the game to first fix the mess that was BF4 and then to scramble to complete Battlefront in time for the movie release. The result was the most dull open world I've seen in a game in a long time. And then you have the bad writing... I played through it to the end and there was some fun to be had but yeah, it was a below average game on the whole.

Tizoc

I don't know about that. The Gman shit is easily the weirdest and most mysterious stuff I ever seen in any game. I think it would be right up Kojima's alley.

Pretty sure Half life was never about that shit. Now if Kojima can have the gameplay stick to what HL1 and 2 did then sure let him work on the gameplay. Keep him far away from the plot though :V

yuraya

Keep him far away from the plot though :V

Gordon is the 3rd clone of Gman. You have to kill the 2nd clone early in the game and the 1st clone turns out to be president of the U.S. None of it matter in the end anyways because the alien Illuminati will win.

:D

I installed enhanced steam on Firefox but can't find the quick sell button when trying to list my cards, just the regular button that opens the popup where you have to input the price you want to sell for.

Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Gordon is the 3rd clone of Gman. You have to kill the 2nd clone early in the game and the 1st clone turns out to be president of the U.S. None of it matter in the end anyways because the alien Illuminati will win.

:D
And Alyx could only breath through her skin now.

So I notice steam got rid of *Do Not Keep this game updated option* I reinstall GTA4 and downgraded to 1.04 for ENB/ICE mods, but unlike the past I have to go into offline mode now, otherwise it will update the game..

I installed enhanced steam on Firefox but can't find the quick sell button when trying to list my cards, just the regular button that opens the popup where you have to input the price you want to sell for.

Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I believe Jshackles had to disable it for a while due to a bug in the new version of Firefox.

Momentary

Banned
Damn... Day one for Revelator is gonna be hard on the wallet. $64.99 for the entire package. Seems like with the cumulative discounting it brings it down to around 53 bucks.

In my opinion the game should have had a base of 40 bucks with all DLC characters freel for the first month and a 10% launch discount. $36 seems like a fair price if you ask me.

I've also got to buy the new DARIUSBURST DLCs this week too.

On a brighter note, I finally started playing the expansions for the Witcher and the first 2 hours of Hearts of Stone destroy every RPG and story driven game I've played this year. If Blood and Wine is better than this then I'm super excited.

Xanathus

Is there another alternative to Steam Inventory Helper? Steam Inventory Expert, the fork of SIH, no longer lets me select multiple items in my inventory to sell. Looks like Steam Inventory Helper's function for selling multiple items is also broken.

Tizoc

Damn... Day one for Revelator is gonna be hard on the wallet. $64.99 for the entire package. Seems like with the cumulative discounting it brings it down to around 53 bucks.

In my opinion the game should have had a base of 40 bucks with all DLC characters freel for the first month and a 10% launch discount. $36 seems like a fair price if you ask me.

I've also got to buy the new DARIUSBURST DLCs this week too.

On a brighter note, I finally started playing the expansions for the Witcher and the first 2 hours of Hearts of Stone destroy every RPG and story driven game I've played this year. If Blood and Wine is better than this then I'm super excited.

My thoughts too. $40 or whereabouts for the Complete GG Xrd R pack would've been an instant buy for me @_@

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ESO fatigue should kick in any day now...

...any day now...always does...

The fuck is going on?

I don't know about that. The Gman shit is easily the weirdest and most mysterious stuff I ever seen in any game. I think it would be right up Kojima's alley.

If Kojima starts with weird, then it's not going stay weird but move beyond weird.

Not sure I would be able to deal with the awfulness of Kojima-dialogues in HL either. :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I notice steam got rid of *Do Not Keep this game updated option* I reinstall GTA4 and downgraded to 1.04 for ENB/ICE mods, but unlike the past I have to go into offline mode now, otherwise it will update the game..

That ability to skip a detected update only ever existed for a few months or so, beginning in November 2013. Previously, "Do not automatically update this game" just meant that the game wouldn't be updated until you launched it, and after the aforementioned feature was quietly removed, the option was changed to "Only update this game when I launch it" to more accurately reflect its actual behaviour.

Guys, i finished Dragonfall (amazing) and Dishonored (still great after 4 years) last week, what should i play next? I'm thinking of start one of these:
Endless Space
King's Bounty: Warriors of the North
Mad Max
Shadowrun Chronicles - Boston Lockdown
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
Help! :v
Endless Space. It's a lark!

FIDS and combat are really dry, but it has a cool world and serious style. Even if you don't dig it much, you can lose a dozen or two hours to it.

Uzzy

Toussaint is indeed easy on the eyes, but it bothered me that, in contrast to the other regions, very few of the buildings can be entered. The illusion that you're exploring what could be a real world is shattered when you come across, say, another small village and yet again virtually if not literally every door is locked. The region feels like a giant film set, really -- more artifice than the pursuit of reality.

That's interesting to hear. I wonder if that would add to the fairy tail aspect of Toussaint, or if it'd just shatter the illusion. Probably the latter.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You think the discounts will be mostly the same as Halloween's or will they be slightly larger?

EDIT: yay first page for zelda birb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom