• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

the thing barely works, controller just flashes, so i have to connect via usb

Haven't had that issue at all with mine. You're probably doing it, but you gotta press the button on the side to make the adapter flash, and then turn on the controller and press the sync button on the controller. Then they'll connect to each other.

If you're doing that and it's acting up, you might have a defective one.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I just had some kind of glitch while using ES to sell some cards on the community market. Somehow I ended up selling several cards far below market value with the quick sell button. I suggest to always check the prices of your cards before confirming your trades.

yep happened to me yesterday so i cancelled and stop using it

Anteater

You really need to asap play any game I hype up as you generally would have the games I'd normally hype up given the chance :p
Enjoy the game it is short but a fun ride. Check out the OST once you're done as it has some fantastic tracks.

that's because I only buy games when they're dirt cheap :p

Lashley

Haven't had that issue at all with mine. You're probably doing it, but you gotta press the button on the side to make the adapter flash, and then turn on the controller and press the sync button on the controller. Then they'll connect to each other.

If you're doing that and it's acting up, you might have a defective one.

What, everytime? Because I used to be just able to turn the controller on and theyd automatically sync up

Jawmuncher

What, everytime? Because I used to be just able to turn the controller on and theyd automatically sync up

That can be a little finicky. What I think happens. Is that the Xbox One controller holds the data as long as the battery has juice. If the battery dies and you put in new ones, then you gotta resync.

Lomax

I am I'll informed but can someone explain what Disney infinity is?

It's now three of the best star wars games in recent memory available in a single package. And a bunch of other stuff as well. But honestly the version 3 package is a must buy now for star wars fans.

Lashley

That can be a little finicky. What I think happens. Is that the Xbox One controller holds the data as long as the battery has juice. If the battery dies and you put in new ones, then you gotta resync.

its a plug and charge battery pack, so the usb charges it, but the batteries last forever because wireless wont work

MUnited83

For you.
any one got hit by the last update for windows 10?
it seems the update made many PCs run like shit.
image.png

$30 is low risk? Well excuse me mr Scrooge McDuck

giphy.gif

edit: damn thats a big gif lol

"Hey, Stump! How come you've got money to burn? Or singe, anyway?"

Well, here we go:
cuAixgH.png

And game #2,000 is...
Ori and the Blind Forest DE.
12FdSFY.png

Kind of crazy, just about a year ago I hit 1,000 games. 1,000 games added in a year.

Bundles are out of control. Also, I should probably stop adding crappy games to my account just because they have cards.
Spoiler alert: can't stop, won't stop. Send help.

I just hit 1K this week. Was at 420 when I built my desktop last year. It's crazy.

yo transformers devstation looks awesome

it's also a kick-ass game. I had no affection for the source material and I still loved it, so it must be a real treat for classic TF fans.

Purchase the rush attack upgrade ASAP.

It's awesome. People shouldn't hesitate to pick it up in the Winter Sale in case it gets delisted.

gelf

Well this is a nice surprise - I tried 1 and it works really well. Turns out they updated the game in February this year. Mods were a fine solution, but it is nice to just have it work with no need to do anything. It still has a bit of jank just due to it being so old, but there is now a updated Win 10 version and the legacy version is still accessible. They did this for all the commandos games, which I will test out.

Seems Commandos 2 got more updates after that as well, so I'll test them all out. Also, all of them are on sale now for absurdly cheap prices
Interesting. maybe I was unlucky enough to test them just before they got patched. Should check how they go now.

Lomax

Too many RPGs on my backlog:

Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2
Trails in the Sky
Planescape Torment
Arcanum

Where the hell do I start?

There's really no reason to ever play NWN1 now. Torment is great of course, unless you want good combat systems. Arcanum is largely full of unrealized potential. So while I haven't played it yet either, I'd probably recommend TitS actually.

Ascheroth

http://www.lorenzostanco.com/lab/steam/ is such a god-send.
Was searching for something new to play and I was in the mood for a short little action adventure, which led me to Mini Ninjas, which I apparently own since 2 years but probably wrote off as just another bundle game since I never heard of it.

Well, it turns out the game is really good.
It's a fun little action-adventure, with open levels that allow for a lot of exploration. Simple, but fun combat and a number of playable characters you unlock and can switch between on the fly.
It seems that it also came out during a time where x-vision wasn't really a thing yet, so the collectibles are actually designed in a way that they stand out from the environment, but you also have a spell jutsu that allows you to possess an animal and while in animal form collectibles are even more visible.
Game is also nice enough to show you what you can find in each level and what you already found. Levels can also be revisited from the menu, so no complete missables.

And for a 7 year old game, the graphics really hold up.

Makes me wonder what other surprises my library has in store for me.

Anteater

http://www.lorenzostanco.com/lab/steam/ is such a god-send.
Was searching for something new to play and I was in the mood for a short little action adventure, which led me to Mini Ninjas, which I apparently own since 2 years but probably wrote off as just another bundle game since I never heard of it.

Well, it turns out the game is really good.
It's a fun little action-adventure, with open levels that allow for a lot of exploration. Simple, but fun combat and a number of playable characters you unlock and can switch between on the fly.
It seems that it also came out during a time where x-vision wasn't really a thing yet, so the collectibles are actually designed in a way that they stand out from the environment, but you also have a spell jutsu that allows you to possess an animal and while in animal form collectibles are even more visible.
Game is also nice enough to show you what you can find in each level and what you already found. Levels can also be revisited from the menu, so no complete missables.

And for a 7 year old game, the graphics really hold up.

Makes me wonder what other surprises my library has in store for me.

yeah I played it a while ago and was surprised it's a really good game even though the combat is simplistic, the open structure of the levels really add to it

rtcn63

I've mentioned that this is the first time across multiple playthroughs that I've abused locker keys (as in used a guide to find them as well as how to utilize them to efficiently farm green gel) and damn, it really does break The Evil Within. I was able to take out
the Chapter 10 boss
in a a single try, just laying in heedlessly with an upgraded shotgun with almost max ammo capacity (6 + 20). By Chapter 14, I have maxed shotgun, rifle, and harpoon damage, max magnum ammo capacity, max crossbow stock, max stamina, and I've just started upgrading tertiary shit that I would never consider doing on a regular playthrough.

Chapters 11-13 can still be pretty annoying. There's a fair argument to be made that they're among the weakest parts, even with a surplus of items.

Nzyme32

I really want to complete my Infinity engine game collection and get playing through them all, but Baldur's Gate is a nuisance to work out when to buy.

On Steam - the Baldur's Gate (Beamdog Games) are not getting reduced prices in big sales, but are in arbitrary sales. The Expansion thing is absurdly expensive all the time - except for a Bundlestars bundle thing a few weeks back that I didn't know about.... (you guys failed me there!)

GOG has them now, but I am a sucker for the Steam versions... so trying to work out if I should wait or not.

Trails in the Sky
Planescape Torment
Arcanum

The answer is always Torment

My belief is that you should play Torment first.

There's really no reason to ever play NWN1 now. Torment is great of course, unless you want good combat systems. Arcanum is largely full of unrealized potential. So while I haven't played it yet either, I'd probably recommend TitS actually.

Trails in the Sky.
By the time you're done with SC, 3rd should release on Steam.

Trails in the Sky definitely.

Gonna have to get Trails in the Sky then - keep getting told to, and keep putting it off, but this Winter sale, I'll do it along with Ys.

I thought NVN1 is meant to be really good?

Torment is more than the Bee's Knees and the Dog's Bollocks...... the Bee's Bollocks maybe - but therein lies the problem, as you ruin every other game you play afterward (why I am delaying playing it a little). The new Torment game is looking really fucking good though

TitS is really, really slow so be warned. Have something on your second monitor to hold your attention :p

I'd go with Ys (Oath) if I were you. The only RPGs on Steam that are on Dark Souls level.

Knurek

Gonna have to get Trails in the Sky then - keep getting told to, and keep putting it off, but this Winter sale, I'll do it along with Ys.

Only get Trails if you like reading - the game's script is pretty much on par with Planescape: Torment (if not larger), with the sequel being even larger (and every next game in the series upping the ante).

bigzgod

Only get Trails if you like reading - the game's script is pretty much on par with Planescape: Torment (if not larger), with the sequel being even larger (and every next game in the series upping the ante).

Yup, the story is the focus in Trails

UW9j3Xf.png

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I thought NVN1 is meant to be really good?

NWN1 the base game is serviceable. It doesn't get good until you play Hordes of the Underdark which is the second(?) expansion. The game is pretty different from stuff like Baldur's Gate in that it is a lot more like a single player and single avatar game. You get one or two people who follow you around but by and large it's on just you to do everything. The lack of a big party makes that games just feel different.

Trails in the Sky
Planescape Torment
Arcanum

Step 1: Torment

Step 2: Trails 1, 2, then 3rd

Step 3: wonder aloud to one's self "how the fuck do other companies NOT get story right after the examples set above? why do people tolerate way less than this?!?!?!"

Nzyme32

Music to my ears. Exactly what I want. As long as this is no surprise I usually pick a time to play when the mood suits me (which is most of the time)

Lain

Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero was pretty great. Charming art and animations, nice OST, silly humor, some interesting level exploration through the various transformations and enough variety in the boss fights.
As a backer I feel WayForward delivered a nice package, though I might have preferred it to be a bit bigger.

Nzyme32

Anyone else having issues logging into Steampowered.com ? I've logged in three times and it's not keeping me in.

Valve decided to do a countdown to their big DOTA2 update (moving the game from v6 to v7 - first whole version change since 2005)

Suffice to say - countdown ends > page recycles to the same page > lots of people clicking > everything has gone down > Steam is back > Valve's DOTA announcement page is inaccessible and people are going nuts over fake patch notes.

All in all pretty damn funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom