• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganado

Yeah could be that we're getting shafted.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/360830/discussions/0/1842367319524383113/#c1842367319524703517

Hope I'm wrong tho and they at least let us upgrade to toybox tier at same price (and not 40€).

But Toybox+ did cost 60 bucks on Kickstarter. I essentially pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe from Kickstarter, not a cheap game for me, and that is because I got Toybox+ a little earlier. I didn't even know that they updated it with the + content yet. If I would've known...

EDIT: Free DLC tho.

Locust

But Toybox+ did cost 60 bucks on Kickstarter. I essentially pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe from Kickstarter, not a cheap game for me, and that is because I got Toybox+ a little earlier. I didn't even know that they updated it with the + content yet. If I would've known...

EDIT: Free DLC tho.
Right, I thought the 20 GBP Toybox was the only one there is. I don't really care about getting anything beyond that one.

The way they did this has to be a bit insulting to any backers above the 20GBP tier though. Whats the point of backing anything early if you don't even get a discount for it?

Nere

Noticed Company of heroes 2 is on a sale, how is it? I am a huge fan of the first one especially with the Blitzkrieg mod it is a masterpiece of a strategy game. How is the 2nd one with all the DLCs? Is it any good like the first one? Should I buy it?

Teggy

Aragami is in the bag. So yeah, that's a pretty cool stealth game. It has limited checkpoints and no quicksave so it can be hard at times, but I think it's a fair hard. It's pretty clear how guards react and your powers allow you to get out of danger quickly without being spotted.

There are a few boss chapters and they are a bit frustrating. I like the concept of the boss stages, but they didn't feel as good in practice. Overall a pretty neat stealth game, definitely recommended over Shadwen. I kind of want to play Tenchu now, sucks those games are not on the PS store.

Purkake4

Banned
No Truce with the Furies released their first teaser trailer. It's an isometric narrative focused cRPG with a heavy focus on dialogue-based gameplay. Should be coming out in 2017.

no-truce-2church.jpg

w-check-2.png

and here's an idea of a dialogue tree:
articy-textfield.jpg

damnn $40 for yooka laylee tho? Not in this lifetime, thats more than double the kickstarter price 🚮

I'll wait, its not like I'm in a rush or anything.

No Truce with the Furies released their first teaser trailer. It's an isometric narrative focused cRPG with a heavy focus on dialogue-based gameplay
I'm intrigued by the art and apparent mechanics but the dialog itself seems.... Mildly disconcerting.

damnn $40 for yooka laylee tho? Not in this lifetime, thats more than double the kickstarter price 🚮

I'll wait, its not like I'm in a rush or anything.
Where's the love Prinny? Why you gotta be like that?

Eila

Mah god, I was getting really into Dark Souls II but now I'm getting closer to the end and growing tired of it. All these straight corridors and specially all these water levels. Fuck the shrine.

Mah god, I was getting really into Dark Souls II but now I'm getting closer to the end and growing tired of it. All these straight corridors and specially all these water levels. Fuck the shrine.

worst part about that water stage is how you're the only one effected by the damn water. enemies go through it likes its not even there, its bullshit.

Nzyme32

Just got an email from Obsidian with a survey about a collector's edition of the game and they asked for a short video on why I became a backer...I'm gonna assume they're getting ready to kickstart PoE2.

I will never have thrown so much money at them fast enough. Sadly I'm not at the point where I have enough money available to get my own face in the game

Purkake4

Banned
When is it out? This suddenly has my attention
Nothing more official than 2017. They are launching a new site with more info in January, so I'd say they are gearing up for a release in the first half of 2017 by the looks of it. A lot of the game seems to be done as well.

You can join our sad lonely thread that discusses news on this as they come out.

Wok

Didn't even notice that, I've been wining it so far. Should be using that one in the future.

Sorry, I was not making a comment about your pitch and the difference with the pitch on the youtube video, I just meant, oh boy, that pitch is really enticing.

Purkake4

Banned
Sorry, I was not making a comment about your pitch and the difference with the pitch on the youtube video, I just meant, oh boy, that pitch is really enticing.
No, I mean it's a good find. It is pretty hard to encapsulate what the game is about in a concise way.

Valxal

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Valxal, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sir, You Are Being Hunted -- MB-FC762832D217A466 - Taken by duppolo. 7 entrants total.

t1481681672z1.png

Slime Rancher got it's last update of the year. What a charming game with great promise.

Changes:
- Added fashion pod gadgets! Fashion pods allow you to shoot costumes on to your slimes. We'll give you a moment to let that sink in.
- Ok? Also added the taming bell and refinery link gadgets.
- Added more slime lamps and gave the amber slime lamp some happy pills.
- New icons for install/remove gadgets and remove crops.
- Changed the Fabricate Gadget screen to keep the previously fabricated gadget selected.
- Added an effect on the purchase screens to make it obvious when you make a purchase.
- Added animations to the tutorial popups.
- Added indicator to the tutorial popup when you complete the task requested.
- Changed tutorials requiring an on-ranch action to hide themselves if you’re away from the ranch for 15 seconds.
- Changed some tutorial timing and completion checks.
- Adjusted treasure pod opening effect.
- Changed the Slimepedia Vacpack tab to Tutorial and changed the entries to better mirror tutorial info.
- Added some new treasure pods to the world. One of them is amazing.
- Changed the colors of fill meters for the science resources.
- Adjusted the volume for some sounds including extractor working sounds.
- Added sound while the extractor is ready. The machines no longer dance in silence. Whoa, that sounded way more ominous than intended.
- Strange diamonds, royal jelly, and lava dust now randomly show up as Range Exchange rewards (rarely) after unlocking Slime Science.
- Tweaked rare drop rates on extractors to be slightly less rare.

Fixes:
- Fixed bug where slimes and resources could get stuck under the ranch porch.
- Fixed bug where some purchase buttons could be pressed via a gamepad while otherwise disabled.
- Fixed an issue where Xbox One controllers on some versions of Windows 10 were not properly recognizing actions on the DPad.
- Fixed bug where largos could be fired into or carried into walls in some situations.
- Fixed bug where slime would sometimes vibrate back and forth while trying to look a particular direction. We've switched the slimes to decaf.
- Fixed bug where the Range Exchange screen sometimes lost information at certain resolutions.
- Fixed bug where transition between far and near versions of slimes was less smooth than intended.
- Fixed bug where the red teleporter and warp depot were possible to unlock without acquiring the appropriate treasure pod.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/433340/announcements/detail/289751074119327437

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom