• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanrutcon

Absolutely loving The Last Remnant.

Maybe a bit too much...

1yLysKI.png

Ascheroth

Absolutely loving The Last Remnant.

Maybe a bit too much...

1yLysKI.png

Last Remnat is probably one of my favorite games, absolutely love the combat system.
Yet I still haven't even gotten halfway through it, because I always take a break from it sometime and when I come back to it later I tend to start over again instead of continuing, lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
War for the Overworld 75% off (daily) is the lowest ive seen it I think

yeah it is, and man I first played PoP 2008, then the forgotten sands and then the sands of time, and I really think that was like the right order :p, don't know how the oldest game is better than the newer ones

Yeah, that's a good order. I think they just lost the script a bit by emphasizing the role of combat instead of puzzles.

I also liked the Aladdin-esque haphazard hero more than the sculpted, more mature hero. It gave this sense of, "Whoa, I just did that!" to the puzzle completion. You felt as clumsy as the character was, so your mistakes were natural. There's also this thing that they do in that game where a puzzle's jump will be just within reach, so you start to question if that's the way the puzzle was meant to be solved or if you just nailed a luckshot.

All said, even with the direction the series went, PoP was a hell of a decent series.

Ascheroth

Speaking about Last Remnant, that reminded me that I still had a key lying around.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ascheroth, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Last Remnant -- MB-A71CBB997A918CE5 - Taken by Reverse Flash. 7 entrants total.

t1481664008z1.png

data

unity games are fine as long as they don't have the unity splash screen and don't give you that weird config window before starting the game

With UMvC3 coming to Steam, Capcom should probably consider porting more of the Capcom's sides games to profit from the buzz. I mean, there are no Darkstalkers, Mega Man X, Mega Man Legends, Okami, Ghosts 'n Goblins, Final Fight, Viewtiful Joe, or Ace Attourney games on Steam.

Hell, I don't think the Viewtiful Joe series has ever appeared on a system more recent than the PSP.

With UMvC3 coming to Steam, Capcom should probably consider porting more of the Capcom's sides games to profit from the buzz. I mean, there are no Darkstalkers, Mega Man X, Mega Man Legends, Okami, Ghosts 'n Goblins, Final Fight, Viewtiful Joe, or Ace Attourney games on Steam.

Hell, I don't think the Viewtiful Joe series has ever appeared on a system more recent than the PSP.

What makes that even more absurd is how well-received both 1 and 2 were. And how it's constantly brought back up when people start talking Capcom ports.

You've got nostalgia and you've got the proof in the pudding.

rtcn63

One of the things about RE4 I didn't realize until recently is that if you don't enter the house with the shotgun before the bell rings, Mr. Chainsaw never actually appears. Of course, this means not being able to kill him and pick up the 10K gold he drops. I had to hit retry.

xist

I think Humble are hoping to break our wills with the seemingly never ending Yogscast bundle and absence of alternative....

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the new yogscast games are also indie gala fodder bundle tier games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom