• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Got a friend request from someone from Germany, no friends in common, VAC ban on record. No groups in common, 25 games on account. Name BlazeLP or BlazeBlasterLP. That any of you guys?

data

Man I must be doing something wrong. I get done with the tutorial and go out then come back. What do I do exactly?

Just sell things?

uh. there's this thing that gives you a mission every day. you collect slimes, put them in the things with the energy walls, feed them, collect their poop, sell poop, breed slimes with other species, buy upgrades, buy new areas, etc...

there's no real point to anything honestly

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
... wait, there's a separate new release discovery queue from the main queue, and even if you've already 100% completed the main queue, to the point that it literally will not show you everything, there's still tons of stuff you haven't processed??? what the heck valve

Wok

... wait, there's a separate new release discovery queue from the main queue, and even if you've already 100% completed the main queue, to the point that it literally will not show you everything, there's still tons of stuff you haven't processed??? what the heck valve

How do you access it?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
uh. there's this thing that gives you a mission every day. you collect slimes, put them in the things with the energy walls, feed them, collect their poop, sell poop, breed slimes with other species, buy upgrades, buy new areas, etc...

there's no real point to anything honestly

Or do what I did - build an incinerator and start tossing slimes in it so that they'll stay out of your way.

I knew this would happen when I found out about this game earlier today.

I love these games, definitely a guilty pleasure of mine

Wok

A handful of these games I've queued before, but there's hundreds of others I haven't seen (especially in software and movies. More stuff to vote no on. Feels good, man.)

I think I know what is the difference between these queues.

For http://store.steampowered.com/explore/: once you have seen a game, it won't be shown again unless you have some activity on it, like remove "Not Interested".

vs.

For http://store.steampowered.com/explore/new/: games which you have seen but not marked as "Not Interested" are periodically shown again. You cannot exhaust this list in the long time unless you mark every game as "Not Interested", as I used to do when I was using this queue.

I suggest you stick with the former unless you are afraid you might have missed a game that you should have wishlisted. With the former queue, you mostly pass or wishlist games and rarely mark them as not interested. With the latter, you mostly mark as not interested or wishlist games, but rarely pass... so you end up with my kind of stats:

xKrW2bp.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Someone fell asleep and forgot to activate Steam maintenance mode

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think I know what is the difference between these queues.

For http://store.steampowered.com/explore/: once you have seen a game, it won't be shown again unless you have some activity on it, like remove "Not Interested".

vs.

For http://store.steampowered.com/explore/new/: games which you have seen but not marked as "Not Interested" are periodically shown again. You cannot exhaust this list in the long time unless you mark every game as "Not Interested", as I used to do when I was using this queue.

Some of the games I'm seeing again are games that I just marked "next" on, but a lot are stuff I've definitely never ever seen before. I'm racking up hundreds of more items in my count. It's like the main queue has been holding out stuff on me this whole time.

Edit: Actually, I might not be getting credit for my Not Interested votes? WTF?

yuraya

AssCreed3 is starting to put me to sleep. The story is very boring and everything just seems to be very bland 5-6hrs in. Does the game pick up in any way? Or should I just wrap it up?

Teggy

AssCreed3 is starting to put me to sleep. The story is very boring and everything just seems to be very bland 5-6hrs in. Does the game pick up in any way? Or should I just wrap it up?

IMHO, no, game is just pretty boring. Tree and rock climbing was kind of cool but gameplay was very repetitive. The treasure hunt side missions where you sail off to some platforming challenges were ok.

AC3 is awful. presents you with one of the most interesting characters in the franchise, and changes to the worst.

zkylon

zkylewd
i never got the connor hate, he's not great and he's certainly a step down from daddy templar but i still liked him

i like ass 3, it's got issues, lots and lots of em, but it's alright if you like those games

i found ass 4 a lot more difficult to get into, the boats were my least favorite part of 3 and the setting and characters did nothing for me

i should give it another shot some day

Parsnip

It's not that Connor is bad, he's just kind of super dull. There's so much wasted potential in the setting and his backstory, and it all kind of falls flat on its face.

I still enjoyed AC3 because I just like those games, and when the tree parkour worked, it felt like magic. And when it didn't work, you suddenly ran out of trees to jump on to and lost all momentum.

yuraya

I can't believe DC is doing an all female villain movie with Harley, Cat and Ivy. They should let WB team make a game like that too. Would be so epic.

It's not that Connor is bad, he's just kind of super dull. There's so much wasted potential in the setting and his backstory, and it all kind of falls flat on its face.

I still enjoyed AC3 because I just like those games, and when the tree parkour worked, it felt like magic. And when it didn't work, you suddenly ran out of trees to jump on to and lost all momentum.

The setting is indeed really good. Easily the best stuff about AC3 so far I'm kind of surprised more devs don't do games in that time period. But yea everything else has been boring. Too many characters hard to care about anyone.

Did some online races in GTAV and man, why don't I play more racing games? That was a blast. Best bit was getting revenge on someone trying to bump me off and then advancing 2 places off of that.

Any good racing game recs? I don't have a wheel but I do have a Steam controller.

Phox

Banned
Damnit I just cancelled my CC because of an unauthorized transition and now I find SYABH is fittycent. Gonna see if my brother can buy if for me :(

Did some online races in GTAV and man, why don't I play more racing games? That was a blast. Best bit was getting revenge on someone trying to bump me off and then advancing 2 places off of that.

Any good racing game recs? I don't have a wheel but I do have a Steam controller.

The Crew was free (if you managed to grab it) from UBI30, and I find it's quite fun.

Also, it's kinda GTAV-ish with its open world nature. I think you'll like it.

Pachimari

I already got Rainbow Six: Siege on uPlay. I would just have liked it if one could get around uPlay. The game keeps freezing and crashing whenever I switch over to another program, even if I'm running the game in borderless windowed mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom